Write lyrics first or produce/find beat?

Really depends on what you want as the finished product.
Sometimes you want the beat to really emphasize the lyrics, in which case you write the lyrics and search/produce a fitting beat.
But sometimes you just come across a fire beat and wanna rap some nonsense on it lol

really depends

Honestly, I try to start a project with a feeling that I have in mind, then build on that feeling by writing out the lyrics and then finding the appropriate beat

I always keep an open mind. So usually I write whenever I feel like...best is while listening to some music in the background.

Then I can come across a nice beat and do adjustments to lyrics on the go. Speaking for myself if the lyrics don't click straight away like 4-5 lines popping up naturally, I don't try too hard even if it's a hot beat.

I believe the preferred method is finding the beat first. Artists I've worked with mostly say if they try and use pre-written lyrics on another beat it takes away the emotion they were trying to convey originally

Depends.

Sometimes I'll just come up with fire lyrics & then I'll try to make a track that matches.

Other times I'll end up making a really good track or having a good track idea but not knowing how to get the full results I want

Back