Why Are People Afraid To Critique And Be Criticized?

OGBama

Has anyone noticed how people are afraid to critique anyone involved in any facet of the music industry out of fear of being called haters? When did it become the norm to not admit something is subpar and that the person for whom the critique is aimed at is said to be too sensitive? I feel the best criticism is constructive and the worst is destructive, critique that focuses on what needs to be improved on is healthy and critique is never to be confused with being a "hater" as the word itself needs to be buried.

Because honesty and forthrightness, and indeed quality and skill, are now no longer valued next to two faced pandering.

Well some people are haters, to them being negative towards something is therapeutic. Usually to mask some bs inside of them.

Music is subjective. What you feel needs to be improved on the next person may not.

For example:

I would say this is the worst era of all entertainment.
Why?
No originality and to much propaganda.

Am i a hater?

Last edited:
I feel like one should be open to criticism, but I feel some people go overboard. So that might be the case. It doesn't matter either way, because it depends if the person let it affect them or not. Not everybody is going to critique you for the sake of helping out, and we need to learn whether it was pure honesty or just to devalue your work out of spite.

critique is how you get better

if everyone just told you that your shit is hot when it really isn't thats not gonna help you at all

as long as it is constructive though

I ain't tryingto stand out. I am trying to fit in. Putting down the people in power ain't gone help me. I need to feed their ego and then find a way to betray them. That is how I get in a position of power and take over the game!!!

People think that honesty and humilty will eventually work to their favor. That is a dream world. You might as well wish for a unicorn to ride on a gold brick road into the woman of your dreams. In reality, you will be in a busted whip riding to an ugly girl's house for a quickee until you step your game up.

Stop living in a fantasy and realize that nobody cares about your ideas and feelings!!

Critique is useful when constructive.
Those who do not listen can simply stay oblivious.

Therefore, it stems from critique and listening skills.

Why Are People Afraid To Critique And Be Criticized?

I think it's Hard to Trust People, it's draining putting energy into it if someone doesn't receive well, and It's hard to trust people giving you Criticism who have zero success.

Rob

I like Criticism myself, but what draws the line between a hater and a constructive feedback is that a hater will just say it's shit and offer no explanation or any reasons at all why they think it's shit.

A critique on on the other hand will pinpoint exactly what it is that they don't like or prefer etc.

Also on the other hand many people who receive constructive feedback get offended for some underlying emotional reasons.

Last edited:
I've personally always been open to criticism. After all, if your music is going to be potentially displayed or played for a general audience, wouldn't you want to know how the masses feel about it?

Back