Why isn't Soundclick bigger?

Soundclick would be good for mixtapes, but not albums.

But then again, artists like Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, etc already have a ton of free beats thrown at them by associates of associates. Major artists do not need to search for beats.

Cats just have to play the game, hustle hard, and hope for a break.

If a major artist wants a hot sampled beat they will get the hot sampled beat. Usually when selling a sampled beat the maker of the beat will make it the responsibility of the artist/lable to clear the sample. Sell the beat for a set price then they go to work clearing it. They are not stupid enough to think a bedroom producer took the time or even had the resources to clear a sample.

If a major artist wants a hot sampled beat they will get the hot sampled beat. Usually when selling a sampled beat the maker of the beat will make it the responsibility of the artist/lable to clear the sample. Sell the beat for a set price then they go to work clearing it. They are not stupid enough to think a bedroom producer took the time or even had the resources to clear a sample.

That is why big name cats do not deal with bedroom producers most of the time.

Some of you guys are crazy. I have nothing against Soundclick but Im about the music first and I would not want to hear wayne, ross, drake or any established artist for that matter to do an entire album full of soundclick beats. Do you guys really think we would get as good albums as Take Care, Teflon Don/Deeper Than Rap, The Carter 2 and the such if all they used were soundclick beats? Not to romanticize the situation but there is certain magic that happens when producers and artists foster relationships with each other and build and do songs together. Dre & Snoop, Jay & Kanye/ Just Blaze, Drake & 40/Tminus/Boi1da, etc.

Some of y'all really need to re-evaluate why you do this shit, niggas really advocating for artist to short-change albums by going for cheap beats and trying to maximize profits really? This is why I respect Kanye so much the reason why dude has never dropped a dud of an album (idk wht you think about 808s and heartbreak), every album Kanye has done has at least been 4 mics and he's 6 albums strong, its because he takes the time to perfect the craft spends 5000 man-hours on songs, spends an extra couple million out of his own pocket on his albums. Hiphop isnt Nike, this shit is supposed to be music it aint supposed to be some shit you mass produce for cheap in some factory, y'all need to really think about what your advocating.

people talk about soundclick UNKNOWINGLY very often, just as they did about FL Studio... I've come across many local producers who were trying to sell a "soundclick producers" shit. leased the track and going around telling people they made the beat and just so happened the beat he was trying to sell, i knew the guy or of them. KE on the Track stole from a "soundclick producer"... Vybe is gettin his money from that summer hit "All The Way Turnt Up".

Some of you guys are crazy. I have nothing against Soundclick but Im about the music first and I would not want to hear wayne, ross, drake or any established artist for that matter to do an entire album full of soundclick beats. Do you guys really think we would get as good albums as Take Care, Teflon Don/Deeper Than Rap, The Carter 2 and the such if all they used were soundclick beats? Not to romanticize the situation but there is certain magic that happens when producers and artists foster relationships with each other and build and do songs together. Dre & Snoop, Jay & Kanye/ Just Blaze, Drake & 40/Tminus/Boi1da, etc.

Some of y'all really need to re-evaluate why you do this shit, niggas really advocating for artist to short-change albums by going for cheap beats and trying to maximize profits really? This is why I respect Kanye so much the reason why dude has never dropped a dud of an album (idk wht you think about 808s and heartbreak), every album Kanye has done has at least been 4 mics and he's 6 albums strong, its because he takes the time to perfect the craft spends 5000 man-hours on songs, spends an extra couple million out of his own pocket on his albums. Hiphop isnt Nike, this shit is supposed to be music it aint supposed to be some shit you mass produce for cheap in some factory, y'all need to really think about what your advocating.

Agreed. But I also feel that there's magic that happens on Soundclick too..

Some of y'all really need to re-evaluate why you do this shit, niggas really advocating for artist to short-change albums by going for cheap beats and trying to maximize profits really?

Hiphop isnt Nike, this shit is supposed to be music it aint supposed to be some shit you mass produce for cheap in some factory, y'all need to really think about what your advocating.

Some guys just want to have a song on the radio so they can brag to people that they are "doing big things". Those guys just hope that they can build a career from that one placement. They want the short-term satisfaction of working with a star.

These guys are already broke, but the idea of blowing up from that placement is better than any compensation they could receive.

I cannot completely knock these guys for feeling the way they feel. I myself only care about the money. But fame is just as good for many people. Hell, having 1,000,000 Youtube views would make most beatmakers feel like rock stars.

I say, have fun. The money may not ever come.

None of this would happen if every single beat was custom made and never heard by anyone else.

Wouldn't that beat the purpose of having a soundclick page? If you only offered out custom made beats only to be heard by the buyer of the beat?

Wouldn't that beat the purpose of having a soundclick page? If you only offered out custom made beats only to be heard by the buyer of the beat?

no you can contact a Soundclick producer because you like their style and hopefully you run across one that about business and they can make you beats for you and allow you to hear them before others and I if you like them you can buy exclusively

but all artists and producers and indie labels should be network getting to know each other
building true relationships are so important in the media/ent. business.

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

no you can contact a Soundclick producer because you like their style and hopefully you run across one that about business and they can make you beats for you and allow you to hear them before others and I if you like them you can buy exclusively

but all artists and producers and indie labels should be network getting to know each other
building true relationships are so important in the media/ent. business.

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

But at that point it wouldn't be a soundclick ready made beat. If you're going to take the time to contact a producer to ask for a custom made beat from soundclick. You might as well just go to a producer that you already have a rapport with.

I mean going to soundclick for something custom made and never heard before is like going to McDonald's and asking for a Fillet Mignon.

Some guys just want to have a song on the radio so they can brag to people that they are "doing big things". Those guys just hope that they can build a career from that one placement. They want the short-term satisfaction of working with a star.

These guys are already broke, but the idea of blowing up from that placement is better than any compensation they could receive.

I cannot completely knock these guys for feeling the way they feel. I myself only care about the money. But fame is just as good for many people. Hell, having 1,000,000 Youtube views would make most beatmakers feel like rock stars.

I say, have fun. The money may not ever come.

I feel what you're. I mean from a nigga tryna hustle and make some money I have no problem with soundclick. But I wouldnt advocate for artists to buy "soundclick" beats just because they're cheaper. Buy the shit because you **** w/ the beat and can make a good song from it and then build a relationship with the producer so y'all can make more magic happen. Dont go on soundclick like its a flea market.

Back