Why does everyone diss Luda's flow?

I

I_watch_stars

It seems every review on Red Light District points out that all of his guest rappers outrap him lyrically, and that Luda relies on "charisma."

From amazon.com...
"At times, it's easy to forget that Ludacris knows how to rhyme too. His taffy-pull verbal style isn't as lyrically intricate as Nas's (who appears on "Virgo") and can't match Trick Daddy's thuggish bravado ("Hopeless"), but few other rappers exude his level of charisma. On "Number One Spot," Luda acts like he's strong-arming his way to the top, but it's really charm that propels the charge. Even on a song like "Two Miles an Hour," dedicated to "those who spend more on their car than their relationship," he's more clever than clownish in selling the concept."....

Another reviewer...
..."You're not going to think of Ludacris as one of the best lyricists of all time, but he definitely knows how to be creative with the skills that he does have."

WTF? Personally I think Luda is one of the best rappers talentwise out there. Did you hear his freestyle on Word of Mouf? Am I just wrong about his talent or is there a bias against Luda?

I love Luda's style, but i agree with those reviews...as a lyricist, he's not on top, or at least in my top 5. But he's got the catchy delivery, hilarious flow, and very charismatic.

Luda has the tightest delivery in the game... and is the worst song maker in the game.

Splash Waterfalls and Diamond in the Back and this new song shouldn't have seen the light of day.

Canibus said something that reminds me of where Luda is... he said "I don't know nothing about beats, I just get on 'em and flow...."

Plus Luda never changes his rhyme scheme / pattern. Gets boring... I mean is boring.

STAND UP, MOVE *****, THROW THEM BOWS... all the same song... different beat... wack beats.

City of Angels said:
I love Luda's style, but i agree with those reviews...as a lyricist, he's not on top, or at least in my top 5. But he's got the catchy delivery, hilarious flow, and very charismatic.

Could you tell me the difference between delivery and lyricism? Is delivery the tone of your voice and volume and stuff like that?

lol.......delivery is your performance on the mike , flow etc........lyricism obviously your lyrics....what u write etc......

o.k......yeah luda to me is a hot rapper but he needs to step up his game man......every album of his has the same recipe and that's why i lot interest nowadays.......dude got funny punchlines and a nice flow but he needs to really push himself to the limit........but watever he does he still a nice m.c.

I love his style - he is witty, slick, good with wordplay and generally has an awesome flow. He's definatley one of my top rated rappers.

I just hope he can do it jutsice with his next album, because Red Light District seemed a bit lacklustre.

I think Luda is one of the tightest rappers in the game. He's very creative and energetic. Who says you got to be thuggish on a track like Trick Daddy? Luda did his thing and Trick did his. Same with the Nas track. If Luda woulda done the same exact thing Trick and Nas had done then the review would have probably been something like "Ludacris tries too hard to match the styles of Trick Daddy and Nas instead of being himself." It's a no win situation. Kinda like Pit Bull. That muphukka is MAAAAAAD sick with the flow and lyrics,yet everybody disses him.

dj rreal said:
I think Luda is one of the tightest rappers in the game. He's very creative and energetic. Who says you got to be thuggish on a track like Trick Daddy? Luda did his thing and Trick did his. Same with the Nas track. If Luda woulda done the same exact thing Trick and Nas had done then the review would have probably been something like "Ludacris tries too hard to match the styles of Trick Daddy and Nas instead of being himself." It's a no win situation. Kinda like Pit Bull. That muphukka is MAAAAAAD sick with the flow and lyrics,yet everybody disses him.

Yep yep. Agree to the point

aint too many people fukkin with Luda on delivery, except for Jay, Em, Andre, and a few others

Luda is hot. I think cats are hating cuz he has some awkward flow moments but thats the precise thing that sets him apart.

Jos

ONE80 said:
aint too many people fukkin with Luda on delivery, except for Jay, Em, Andre, and a few others

Your exactly right. I'm glad you included Andre. You know your sh!t!!!!

I really think Luda is one of the few rappers out right now holdin it down for the whole rap game.

I mean Red Light District seems a little rushed, but still a tight album to me. Waaaay better then that candy a$$ m&ms new bullsh!tter album Encore.

1005 said:
just wondering, but who hates him?

Picture1.jpg

Chingy.jpg

Jos

who cares about him(chingo) anyway?

i was just wonderig cos ya'll talkin like he's getting dissed by the whole industry.

Back