why does DJ Khaled always say 'we the best'?

Y

youngjust

The DJ Khaled album is pretty good in terms of beats, even some of the raps. What kills it is every song starts off with 'We the best....."

Khaled has a distinctive voice, just not a really good one. It's worse than DJ Clue (for those of you that didn't like him). To me, Clue has a cool voice, and with some echo and reverb he sounds cool. Khaled just can't pull it off.

If you haven't read sohh.com's review of his appearance on Rap City, just watch the video....pretty close to annoying.

I'm not even trying to hate, but can the answer to every question be 'we the best' and 'unity'? What got me was the albums he selects as 'classics', (besides the Biggie album obviously).

Just check the video. If I should chill just tell me!
Type in 'dj khaled rap city' in google and it's the first result (videos onesmash)

youngjust said:
The DJ Khaled album is pretty good in terms of beats, even some of the raps. What kills it is every song starts off with 'We the best....."

Khaled has a distinctive voice, just not a really good one. It's worse than DJ Clue (for those of you that didn't like him). To me, Clue has a cool voice, and with some echo and reverb he sounds cool. Khaled just can't pull it off.

If you haven't read sohh.com's review of his appearance on Rap City, just watch the video....pretty close to annoying.

I'm not even trying to hate, but can the answer to every question be 'we the best' and 'unity'? What got me was the albums he selects as 'classics', (besides the Biggie album obviously).

Just check the video. If I should chill just tell me!
Type in 'dj khaled rap city' in google and it's the first result (videos onesmash)

IMO it's just simple MARKETING. pretty genious if you ask me...

Wow...saw him on the mixing table when it was going off and I thought he was acting ridicolous..didnt see all of this

"What it DOES!" LOL!

dmensah1 said:
IMO it's just simple MARKETING. pretty genious if you ask me...

I agree, he's trying maintain focus on his product at every gine chance, kinda like Mike Jones does with his name or 50 used to always scream 'G-unit'. It's simple Marketing 101- keep your target market focused on it so that it stays on their minds' enough to purchase the product. But for real, it is pretty damn annoying and corny, and I'm a amrketing major lol.

I thought the sh*t was funny. I thought he was be jokey. The dude was asking questions about G-unit which everybody knew the answer to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I think it's pretty annoying. Especially when you live in Miami and hes a regular dj on the radio. So you get to hear that hes "the best"...and "classic"...and "listennnnn" 50 times during one mix show.

Not that I listen to the radio too much, maybe its me I just have a thing about not wanting to hear the same 5 garbage songs played over and over and over again.

What!!!!! What!!!!!!! Okkkkkkkkkk!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

O-k-k-k!!!

Now ask why Diddy is in every Biggie video...

Last edited:
Yep, I know it's marketing. Like I said, Clue does it and sounds cool. Lil Jon is tolerable. Mike Jones was/is on the same level as Khaled. If you remove his name, Mike Jones' verses are cut in half.

It's just when something's annoying it sticks out.

Cuz he thinks if he says it enough times, it'll become true

youngjust said:
Yep, I know it's marketing. Like I said, Clue does it and sounds cool. Lil Jon is tolerable. Mike Jones was/is on the same level as Khaled. If you remove his name, Mike Jones' verses are cut in half.

It's just when something's annoying it sticks out.

and that's why he does it, becuase as aannoying as it is, and it is, it makes you nitice it, and he's hoping that you'll buy his cd simply out of curiousity of he speaks the truth; this actually porbaly would've worked in the late nineties before d/ling became major but now not so much.

Becuz he is trying to brainwash people, the world is gullible and if you say the same damn thing time and time again... fools will believe it.

Just look at all these threads about how great Lil Wayne is.

In hip hop, repetition will get you far.

thats jus like how when we're ridin in the van we'll blaze the horn when we ride through a hood, it might be annoyin as hell, they'll remember that tin roof van and theyll look at the back of the van and see that website on the back and they might even go to it

youngjust said:
The DJ Khaled album is pretty good in terms of beats, even some of the raps.quote]

what exactly does Khaled do? besides squeal over tracks?

Last edited:
Seany Mac said:
youngjust said:
The DJ Khaled album is pretty good in terms of beats, even some of the raps.quote]

what exactly does Khaled do? besides squeal over tracks?
SOUND THE HATER ALARM!!!! naw im jus playin lol. Ayo i swear on that Im So Hood track it sounds like Khaled is singin the background vocals, it dont sound like t-pain

Back