Why do people sag their pants ??

JAMESRRTT

I'll admit, I used to sag back when I was 15-16 just because i seen everybody else doing it. But now as I got older I realized that that shit looks stupid. The history really made me not wanna sag anymore. Sagging originated in prison a couple decades ago, If you sagged in prison that meant that you wanted to have sex with another man. I still see cats in their 40's sagging and its a shame. There's no denying that hip hop had something to do with this ridiculous trend and it needs to stop. I also see this alot in the hood. Why do people think its cool to wear their pants half off their ass. I cant understand it, It looks gay and disgusting

32958-1301-ddf84-a.jpg

bow-wow-soulja-boy_082008.jpg

Now this picture right here has suspect written all over it

wayne+sagging.jpg

this is just disgusting to look at

Sagging31.jpg

30baggy190.5.jpg

This is also disgusting. I see alot of hood niggas walk around like this everyday, and they claim to be a gangsta, lol

tupac_photos_dc.jpg

tupac-thug-life-4900917.jpg

2 pac also claimed to be a gangster and a thug, lol. looking at these pics, I dont think so

sag3.jpg

they now have fines for sagging your pants and they should, nobody wants to see that nasty ass shit. pants hanging half off your ass, smh

How many of my fellow fp members sag their pants? if you do tell me why?

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

dont even get me started on this video, smh

Last edited:
I never sag that hard but to me having my pants all the way up is just kinda uncomfortable at this point lol.

I'm sorry sir, but I cant believe that. I think its because you dont wanna be called a square for wearing your pants all the way up. How many of your friends sag?

I don't really sag. I ain't trying to see someone else's ass and drawls and I doubt anyone really wants to see mine. Plus sagging hinders my movement too much. if things pop off and I need to make a quick escape it's a lot harder to do so while pulling up my pants every five feet

I don't really sag. I ain't trying to see someone else's ass and drawls and I doubt anyone really wants to see mine. Plus sagging hinders my movement too much. if things pop off and I need to make a quick escape it's a lot harder to do so while pulling up my pants every five feet

when you say "dont really" what do you mean? Every other day or what?

I never understood why people liked to sag even during the 90s. Shit felt crazy uncomfortable. It was always funny watching 2 people fight and someone's pants just fall off and dude gets his ass beat because of it.

FYI, sagging didn't start in jail, that's randomness some "out the loop" person got confused and wrongfully documented. I'm leaving it at that to stay politically correct.

Sagging has been around forever(like since early 80s in urban communities), just slowly got worse and worse. In the 90s, urban fashion changed alot because designers started making baggier jeans that when sagged looked alot more noticeable. Now people wear jeans off thier azz with these smedium tshirts so nothings being covered. Skinny jeans and tight t shirts have alot more to do with identifying yourself as a homo than sagging your jeans BTW.

I'm 32 years old. I do not wear tight jeans. I wear a belt. I don't put my jeans on my waste. But ain't nobody seeing my boxers and if I had to take off my shirt to hmmmm....let's say help some cute stranded chick on the side of the road change a tire, there would be nothing indecent about how my clothes sat.

As a kid I used to hang my pants off my azz. I've whooped asses and stomped dudes out while holding my pants up, jumped a few fences and outran cops with pants hanging off my azz. It's urban culture. Only people who ask "why' things like this are done are people who are so old they missed the trend and people so "out the loop"(still being PC)they should stay the f**k outta things they know nothing about.

Too many "out the loop" people on these threads criticizing everything urban. "Samplings bad", "talking about drugs and women is bad", "rappers aren't articulate", blah blah, ect. ect.

STFU.

Last edited:
FYI, sagging didn't start in jail, that's randomness some "out the loop" person got confused and wrongfully documented. I'm leaving it at that to stay politically correct.

Sagging has been around forever(like since early 80s in urban communities), just slowly got worse and worse. In the 90s, urban fashion changed alot because designers started making baggier jeans that when sagged looked alot more noticeable. Now people wear jeans off thier azz with these smedium tshirts so nothings being covered. Skinny jeans and tight t shirts have alot more to do with identifying yourself as a homo than sagging your jeans BTW.

I'm 32 years old. I do not wear tight jeans. I wear a belt. I don't put my jeans on my waste. But ain't nobody seeing my boxers and if I had to take off my shirt to hmmmm....let's say help some cute stranded chick on the side of the road change a tire, there would be nothing indecent about how my clothes sat.

As a kid I used to hang my pants off my azz. I've whooped asses and stomped dudes out while holding my pants up, jumped a few fences and outran cops with pants hanging off my azz. It's urban culture. Only people who ask "why' things like this are done are people who are so old they missed the trend and people so "out the loop"(still being PC)they should stay the f**k outta things they know nothing about.

Too many "out the loop" people on these threads criticizing everything urban. "Samplings bad", "talking about drugs and women is bad", "rappers aren't articulate", blah blah, ect. ect.

STFU.

Oh come on Deranged. This sagging thing makes our people look so ignorant . And it did start in prison, you just don't wanna admit it. I bet some og in the hood told you that it didnt to cover up the truth

STFU.

The booty warrior disagrees

"My pants are saggin braided hair suckers stare but I don't care my game ain't knowelgde my game's fear I've no remorse so squares beware":

Still a style after all these years, but young cats rockin them skinny jeans nowadays.

The booty warrior disagrees

lol, remember this episode off the boondocks?

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

STFU.

Why are you throwing such a hissy fit? The nerve of you to say urban culture just f*cks up my mind. You call this crap urban culture? huh??

30baggy600.1.jpg

Last edited:
don't watch TV.

Plies is articulate and intelligent. . . made it out the streets of Dade and was a few semesters away from being a Registered Nurse; I wouldn't call that a disgrace at all.

^^ So why does he call himself a goon? Is he like ice cube back in the day?

Had to add this: rappers are entertainers and I know a lot of them act. But you don't go from broken speak in a song to articulate in an interview. At least when Cube and NWA were doin it they stayed in character when they were interviewed. It just comes off fake to me, he should stay in character in public at least.

Last edited:
Back