Why Do People Dislike Lupe Fiasco?

ThaRealKapone

...Only Kapone
Bein honest, I was against Lupe for the longest but I don't even remember why I was any more. He gets called controversial and ignorant but when I've checked the things he's said and to say the least, they seem valid. Beyond that, the things that he says that are OUTRAGEOUSLY out there can be attributed to his personal beliefs. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Because his opinions differ from popular opinion. And he's not afraid to voice it.
I agree with this. But in general I don't know why, i been feling the cat since 1st&15th (switch was my shit). Got flow, respectable beats, and solid content.

Yea I didn't care for Lupe that much either till like last year....I just thought he was a fake....but he's real hip hop so I rock with him...haven't checked out his last album but I heard it sounds nothing like his first two, switch kinda disappoints me.

because hes one of those Fake Smart people who love to act like they know more than they really do

and when things became more about his antics and less about his music.

because hes one of those Fake Smart people who love to act like they know more than they really do

and when things became more about his antics and less about his music.

Just wondering...

What makes him "fake smart"? And what antics? You don't see this nigga on TMZ lol

The nigga only made the news by criticizing Obama's foreign policy and saying that he doesn't vote because every President has approved of bombing innocent countries since Vietnam..

Before that nobody gave two shits

Lupe Fiasco On Bill O'Reilly! (Still Calling Obama A Terrorist) - YouTube

Other fake-smart people don't see how fake-smart the statements he made were. Just a quick example.

We can go into his "real hip hop" persona, yet not knowing Tribe Called Quest(who cares)? Him and his partner supplying most of Chicago with their heroine while whining about the violence in his city(maybe he grew up and changed), him trying to force feed his half developed views and false-facts on everything as if they're gospel, ect.

I don't dislike him personally, but can see how all these things can contribute to the "haters" we speak of.

Other fake-smart people don't see how fake-smart the statements he made were. Just a quick example.

We can go into his "real hip hop" persona, yet not knowing Tribe Called Quest(who cares)? Him and his partner supplying most of Chicago with their heroine while whining about the violence in his city(maybe he grew up and changed), him trying to force feed his half developed views and false-facts on everything as if they're gospel, ect.

I don't dislike him personally, but can see how all these things can contribute to the "haters" we speak of.

What did he say wrong in that video? I guess I'm a fake-smart person.

Just wondering...

What makes him "fake smart"? And what antics? You don't see this nigga on TMZ lol

The nigga only made the news by criticizing Obama's foreign policy and saying that he doesn't vote because every President has approved of bombing innocent countries since Vietnam..

That's kinda it right there. If you really don't wanna support a government that he believes is terrorist than stop paying taxes and renounce the U.S. citizenship. Or at least actively fight for change.

Not to take away anything from what your saying or to knock ya but can I ask for some more examples of those specific moments where Lupe was being fake smart sir? I'm really tryna learn more about how this cat operates

What did he say wrong in that video? I guess I'm a fake-smart person.

If you wanna get REALLY REAL, Lupe is wrong because the President hasn't had military power in nearly 50 years, which is how long our foreign policy has been shit...therefore he doesn't have much of a say in the bombings of other countries.

But most people don't know that because the news fuels the ignorance and it seems that not every high school teaches about government.

If Obama actually was "The most powerful man in the world" like news station propaganda says, Lupe would be right on the money. Obama would be responsible for so many innocent lives that he could fist bump Hitler's ghost.

Just wondering...

fake smart as in his Bill O Reily appearance, his fight against Atlantic records, his comments about Chief Keef when at the same time his partner was dealing heroin to the city and he was a part of it. The constant whining about his label situation, the constant complaining about the music industry but he wont give away the money that he's made from the records he claimed "arent his"

every 6 months he's crying about something and claiming he's gonna retire. you must not really follow lupe's career he hasnt been happy about anything since the Cool dropped. I dont know whats going on with him in his personal life but i dont like people who run around calling people sheep trying to get people to "wake up"

he just seems like one of those Conspiracy Theorists that run around on here and he has a platform and just constantly has something to say about everything.

its one thing to have an opinion, its another thing to be over opinionated.

he constantly talks about how he "wasnt impressed by Obamas acceptance speech" Hes just irritating. I hate to sound like a redneck, but if you have so many issues with america and you have the funds to leave.. than leave. If you hate the way your label treats you, and the songs they give you so you can succeed dont appeal to you. Why dont you donate all the money that you made off LASERS to charity since its "not your album"

hes just one of those people that always has something to say, and after awhile it makes people not give a damn about your music. And its crazy because he still has a solid fanbase people just say "oh well thats Lupe thats his thing" Lupe can still go out and sell 150k-200k first week

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

and the fact that these comments always seem to come out around album release time is annoying as well, he's like a little kid

i like the things that he says but unfortunately he never does shit

everything he says is true, real, makes sense, but he never does anything

he never hits up fake rappers personally, he never goes to the hood and preaches, he never spits on fake ass reporters, i can appreciate the shit he says but he hasn't got that raw thing to go out there and be fearless and rough, that's what i look for in a real person, lupe isn't real to me, too much talking

What Drew said.......for the most part, I've rocked with his music since Food and Liquor 1, but he as a person can get annoying from time to time

i like the things that he says but unfortunately he never does shit

everything he says is true, real, makes sense, but he never does anything

he never hits up fake rappers personally, he never goes to the hood and preaches, he never spits on fake ass reporters, i can appreciate the shit he says but he hasn't got that raw thing to go out there and be fearless and rough, that's what i look for in a real person, lupe isn't real to me, too much talking

i mean thats kinda extreme, i think his heart is in the right place i just feel like when he speaks he sounds like one of these forum guys that graduated from Youtube University

saw a couple documentaries about the Gaza Strip, a couple documentaries about government scandal and now feels like he is more knowledgable than most.

we all have friends like that, but at a certain point you gotta remember you make more strides in positivity than being a contrarian. and i get that vibe from him from when i met him, when i seen him live, watching him move in meetings

just somebody who always has to go against the grain.. to go against the majority, even if the majority is correct

I see people cry day in and day out about fake gangster rappers but to me a fake revolutionary is the worst kind of fake rapper. On Lupe new album he was crying about rappers having cars in their videos and rapping about them but then I run into articles like this. Lupe Fiasco Has Ferrari Fever | Maxim I'm not saying he cant spend his money the way he wants because I dont want anyone telling me how to spend mine but at the same time dont cry about other rappers talking about their cars.

Lupe was talking about how the murder rate in Chicago has skyrocketed this year but when you look at the numbers they are about half the murders of a typical year in the early 90s and is on pace for an average to slightly above average year in murders by their standards. How can you say chief keef looks like the hoodlums in Chicago when you look like them also. http://www.theepicnetwork.com/wp-co...Chief-Keef-Lupe-Fiasco-MaskedGorilla.com_.jpg

He needs to stop trying to be Farrakhan and go back to taking overly simple song concepts and trying to make it more complex than it has to be for the sake of nothing. 9th Wonder said the rappers who always trying to save Africa be the real assholes and the rappers people pass off as wack be the cool ones.

I rocks with Lupe. He might have his fair share of contradictions, but there are a whole host of rappers like that. I think his background with the nation may skew his reasoning sometimes, but I'd take his lyrical content over most rappers any day.

Back