why aren't people taking dr. dre serious ?

I agree with OP3...

anybody other than the people he mentioned will be straight up yes men and will do so just to be a part of the project.

Dre is at the level where nobody is going to say they don't like his beats... to his face.

... and even if he had all of those people, they're all older now. You ever burn wood in a fireplace and heard it crackling and popping... and then later that night all you see is smoldering firewood with a glow under it and ashes... that crew is the smoldering firewood. Still hot to the touch... but not on fire like they used to be. ... they would try to recreate what was once was... people don't want that... again. Even if they say they do.

Kush was aight...didn't wow me that much....IDK, to me it's a wannabe "Next Episode" but wasn't as impressive.

Honestly, I just think times have changed and things aren't like they used to be...it's a new era, and I think sometimes it takes people awhile to adapt to change...I don't think Dre feel off or is wack, it's just times have changed.

Thinking back to Chronic in 91, I didn't buy that album immediately. I was late. But I was in different cars hear different songs and hearing different people quoting stuff from it. I was eventually going to get it, but it was something about that album that made me want to be apart of what everybody was hip to. DEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ NUTTTTTTTTZ!!!! One person says "I once knew a biitch named Mandy May...........a crowd of people out of nobody yellin "used to be up in them gutz like everyday". Besides Doggystyle, that ain't happening no more. That thought process is gone. It's like Saved By The Bell verse The New Class. Dre say he wants to prove he is more than just a rap producer and artist.......I want to hear that. I want to hear the first single on Detox be some sexy soulful R&B with quotable rappers. New quotable rappers. I want to hear some gangsta ass orchestra shit with no rap vocals, just a lady singing oprah, some scratching and cuts in it. I want to hear great MC's going to the next level lyrically. I want Lady GaGa on some pop shit. Want some Alternative rock stuff that I can get into. All of these genres combined in an album of the same feel. Is that too much to ask? Don't let Timbo scare you......I think he didn't ease it on people well enough. The genres were too fresh and too much of what we are used to "not" liking since we don't listen to them. But a person can sample some rock guitars and vocals and hip hop fans love it. Sample orchestra stuff and hip hop fans love it. Turn all of these got damn genres in too a hip hop Dr.Dre hip hop drum version..............DETOX!!!!!!!!!! GIVE ME DETOX!!!!!! GIVE ME DETOX!!!
crying_baby.jpg

but I'm cool with what ever comes out. :)

Back