whos the next artist to blow up???

Non Hip Hop artists will blow up in the mainstream, truth is Hip Hop isn't as popular as it used to be. Drew seems to have a decent grip on things though.

i ****ing despise riff raff...

and ab soul shouldnt be on this list cause technically hes already gained a huge buzz from his long term mentality tapes and def from his control system

i agree about that lil mouse dude tho

only reason why i say Ab-Soul is on the list, is because i dont consider you an artist thats blown up until you can do a tour on your own. He still needs to ride around with Kendrick & Q to get the numbers right for his tours, but this next project that he drops will be the one that makes people all around the world **** with him as a different entity

and yea i just talk about hip hop cause its the easiest to graph.

i think that FUN. band will become probably become even bigger than they already are, they understand music. Miike Snow will take off in the mainstream eventually, i just dont think they care about mainstream success like that.

tumblr_m6r7e4yaxk1qad64wo1_400.gif

@troup

thats whats up,

can we hear some material sir?

also, I have to ask you

did you go to country because of the money or do you actually like country music? just wondering

@ troup

good for you dude ! Country is the shit ! I'm getting ready to venture into country production myself. I just realized this when everyone in my town strictly listens too country.

I am a huge fan of older country randy travis, alan jackson, willie nelson, etc 70s is just as good in country as it was in soul/funk/jazz etc.

R3venge of the Nerds but maybe in some more time (not next next)
Ty Dolla ??
Lil Mouse
The other guy on TDE who is not Kendrick nor Jayrock

Honestly it becomes harder and harder as there is a pletoire of indie hiphop artist but none have the big momentum as we could find decades ago. The ascension takes that much more time and grinding.

R3venge of the Nerds but maybe in some more time (not next next)
Ty Dolla ??
Lil Mouse
The other guy on TDE who is not Kendrick nor Jayrock

Honestly it becomes harder and harder as there is a pletoire of indie hiphop artist but none have the big momentum as we could find decades ago. The ascension takes that much more time and grinding.

Big fan of those 2. Ty Dolla $ign is coming out with his new mixtape pretty soon.
R3venge of the Nerds are good, but saw video of them live and wasn't really impressed.

@troup

thats whats up,

can we hear some material sir?

also, I have to ask you

did you go to country because of the money or do you actually like country music? just wondering

It's in the works. I literally just met the young lady a few weeks ago. But she's definitely got it.

I actually like country music. I'm a big fan of old country though. Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Sr, etc. When country sounded more like Bluegrass than pop.

But I have to admit...I been on a Taylor Swift kick for like 4 months. That girl is the shit!

I'm about to mix Country, Pop, and some slight hip hop elements. Gon be real fun!

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

@ troup

good for you dude ! Country is the shit ! I'm getting ready to venture into country production myself. I just realized this when everyone in my town strictly listens too country.

I am a huge fan of older country randy travis, alan jackson, willie nelson, etc 70s is just as good in country as it was in soul/funk/jazz etc.

Country is the last genre that's still selling records. Country's fan base is as big as hip hop's.

Last edited:
i'm jealous of the fan base other genres have, paul mccartney released an album where he covered like 20 songs and made one himself, shit sold millions upon millions, that's the type of shit that's impossible in rap

Logic - All I Do - YouTube

Logic, cat around the "DMV" area with 2million views on multiple videos and 1milly on like every other song he got a video for. Its crazy how much his buzz gained from this time last year. This time last year he did a show at MD (where he's from) and it wasnt even packed out, actually the crowd was very slum (not all his fault, the promotion wasnt that good) but this past summer he did his own little tour and was selling out shows in Salt Lake City, San Diego, Chi.

Logic - All I Do - YouTube

Logic, cat around the "DMV" area with 2million views on multiple videos and 1milly on like every other song he got a video for. Its crazy how much his buzz gained from this time last year. This time last year he did a show at MD (where he's from) and it wasnt even packed out, actually the crowd was very slum (not all his fault, the promotion wasnt that good) but this past summer he did his own little tour and was selling out shows in Salt Lake City, San Diego, Chi.

thats whats up, Im bout to check him out

Back