Who is your favourite music producer today ?

D

DJ-Social App

There is so much variety in the world today with so many styles being produced so I thought it we could share who are favourite producer is and why !!

Attach us your video !! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think music is at a point where nothing is as impressive as it use to be.

Producers are not doing anything that makes you go "wow, wtf is that?"

The last time i felt that "wow" factor was when i heard FutureSex/LoveSounds... Timbaland and Danja went in on that album.

I would probably say Timbaland is still my favorite.

Strictly speaking of the "right now" guys Id have to go with 40.

Dude got his own distinct style and goes off in that direction.

Ryan Leslie? Uh Oh. Here come the wolves.

Sh*t that's a good response. I thought people forgot about his short Next Selection legacy back in the mid 2000s when he dropped "Just Right" in '05.
He's the best as an R&B producer and better as an R&B singer than a rapper I`m sorry. His career fell hard when he tried to fit in with everybody else in that regard.

I'd say dvsn's OVO in-house producers are the best because they capture that Trap Soul after-hours kinda vibe but other than that, there are too many DAW beatmakers and DAW producers out there
so this is rather an ambiguous question's shoes to fill with answers.

Now since I do Trap Soul as of late, which is derived from its most-parental genre R&B, I will say whom the best R&B producers are in the last 40-50 years:
James "Jimmy Jam" Harris III and Terry "Crazy Bassman" Lewis
LA Reid on drums/drum sequencing with Babyface on Keys and e-Bass syntheszing with Daryl Simmons on bass guitar as a winning team
then Teddy Riley with Bernard Belle and schooling Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo. NOBODY BETTER NUFF SAID.
Okay honorary mention to Gamble & Huff, Quincy Jones, Kyle West, Foster and McElroy, etc.

Last edited:
Max Martin. What a legend. Especially his 1990's/early 2000's stuff, like the first 4 Backstreet Boys albums, first two Britney Spears albums, etc.
I'm only 15 but I'm trying to produce my own album. It's probably gonna have a Max Martin vibe to it I'm hoping. xx

I think music is at a point where nothing is as impressive as it use to be.

Producers are not doing anything that makes you go "wow, wtf is that?"

The last time i felt that "wow" factor was when i heard FutureSex/LoveSounds... Timbaland and Danja went in on that album.

I would probably say Timbaland is still my favorite.
Facts, music is dead. 60s-80s were the golden days. Pre sampling era

Facts, music is dead. 60s-80s were the golden days. Pre sampling era
Don’t forget the 50’s, and the 90’s. Yknow Ritchie Valens, Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper, James Brown, and Elvis were all the 50’s. The 90’s had a little sampling but it still had a very unique sound to it that artists today still haven’t been able to replicate, and if they do even slightly replicate it it’s only because they’re sampling from a 90’s song or something.

Don’t forget the 50’s, and the 90’s. Yknow Ritchie Valens, Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper, James Brown, and Elvis were all the 50’s. The 90’s had a little sampling but it still had a very unique sound to it that artists today still haven’t been able to replicate, and if they do even slightly replicate it it’s only because they’re sampling from a 90’s song or something.

The 90s were crap for music. That generation literally sampled so many music from the 70s to death, there wasn't no "wow" factor to it anymore.

The 60s-80s there were plenty of new innovative sounds that have stood the test of up.

Which songs stole from songs in the 70’s? Yea sampling did start up again, but producers like Max Martin did have many unique sounds and stuff. At least people had good voices lmaooo. These days music is NOTHING but sampling and autotune. At least before social media, you only got famous 99% of the time because you had talent. These days it’s just “shove your music down people’s throats on social media until they listen to it, even if it sucks.”

Also I’m not saying that the 90’s like didn’t sample, but at least people still had talent. These days a lot of songs that get big are just people with caked on autotune and just a bunch of old songs squished together with unoriginal lyrics. Most of the time they sound like shit but they get so popular.

Which songs stole from songs in the 70’s? Yea sampling did start up again, but producers like Max Martin did have many unique sounds and stuff. At least people had good voices lmaooo. These days music is NOTHING but sampling and autotune. At least before social media, you only got famous 99% of the time because you had talent. These days it’s just “shove your music down people’s throats on social media until they listen to it, even if it sucks.”

I was mainly talking about R&B when they sampled a lot of 70s music.

Also I’m not saying that the 90’s like didn’t sample, but at least people still had talent. These days a lot of songs that get big are just people with caked on autotune and just a bunch of old songs squished together with unoriginal lyrics. Most of the time they sound like shit but they get so popular.

Nah, the talent was gone. Prince said at best when music was at its golden era between the 60s-80s.

Back