Who made that Still Tippin beat?

Cats down in Texas are like just like Jamaicans. We’ll reuse anything. Sample it, Skew it, Chop it, Have fun with it, Sale it.

Done Deal...

Last edited:
that beat is tight...definently feelin that joint....big up my dude Binky down in Texas

Hell yeah...I LOVE that beat (both versions). Love the hip hop violin in the original.

that beat is crazy. i'm not so much into the slow/down/tempo stuff but that track just makes me wanna drive 5 mph blastin it (i know most of y'all ain't into the whole metric thing, thought i'd save you the trouble). Toronto is more into the whole NYC vibe when they aren't ridin BET. but, on the real, can someone tell me how mike jones got on there and spit his weeeeeeaaaaak a$$$ verse. maybe dude is big down there but i can't see how. someone do the knowledge for me.

thanks.

Well for starters Mike Jones is pretty good at freestyling. Unfortunatley in Houston if your good at that you are assumed to be good at making Records also. Mike Jones has carved a unique style of repeating him self a dozen times to get his point across in verses. Hes just sort of an underground local celeb who has happened to get national airplay. I don't see him competing with the big dogs.

Slim Thug on the other hand.....

Theres the knowledge

YoungHové said:

Hmmm...I wonder what you are referring to :D

"I'm Mike Jones, Mike Jones..."

and the best 4 bars in rap history
I SAID

CSCRecords said:
Well for starters Mike Jones is pretty good at freestyling. Unfortunatley in Houston if your good at that you are assumed to be good at making Records also. Mike Jones has carved a unique style of repeating him self a dozen times to get his point across in verses. Hes just sort of an underground local celeb who has happened to get national airplay. I don't see him competing with the big dogs.

Theres the knowledge

lol

My mom raps better than Mike Jones. He repeats the same things in all his songs! "i step in the club thowin up my set, cup purple bar and my car candy red"...'back then hoes didnt want me..."...
U know why he repeats stuff like 4 times? because he cant write any more material!..Hes like "oh crap..i got 8 more bars to this verse...nah, fuk it, ill just say this 4 times". lol NO TALENT
I am personally TRULY embarrassed that he is up there on BET representing Houston.

And that repeating yourself twice stuff, he STOLE that from Fat Pat, a classic Houston rapper who was killed in 99.

AND>>..the still Tippin beat, TERRIBLE. My cell phone makes better beats.
I hate to hate on my own city but damn...still tippin is the bottom of the intellectual/creative barrel.

Last edited by a moderator:
CSCRecords said:

Theres the knowledge

... sucks too.. Scarface would spin in his CEO chair if he paid attention to what they doing to the industry.

I like that beat, but by far one of the best beats I've heard come out of Houston was on the album Slim Thug did with E.S.G., the song is called Street Millionaire. I've heard those cheesy horn samples used plenty of times in dirty south beats, but never done like that, it actually sounded good - damn good.

Heezzi said:

... sucks too.. Scarface would spin in his CEO chair if he paid attention to what they doing to the industry.

Scarface is one of Slim's biggest supporters. He's one of the reasons why Slim is where he is at right now.

Back