Who on Here raps

Jay Dash

I rap n i just want to know who else on here raps

n whats your style (ie. hardcore, conscientious ect.)

ps. after you post pm me.

everybody raps these days, come on. It would take some real detective work to find someone who doesn't think rapping and hip hop is the coolest sh** on the planet.

I used to rap... on some concious Common type ish. I don't do it as much, I've contemplated for the longest just givin up... I write here and there for fun. I'm not very marketable, I don't like being around a bunch of people, I'm not hype, I value my privacy, I don't like to perform and play dressup with fake diamonds... and u know they say, people don't wanna hear about ur problems they wanna get buck in the club. Ya, I'm done...

Raps my job been at it for 3 years now-I do all types of rap, but I'm more conscientious

I feel most of what DaOriginalBlade is sayin'. A lot of the people who are around town and just kickin' flow don't have very sophisticated lyrics. My lyrics are usually pretty deep, thuged out, emotional, or controversial so I don't like to rap in front of people I don't know or share a similar mind state with even if I know them. So I understand about not just always jumpin' into the crowd and startin' to flow, and also dislike the fakeness of the MTV and a lot of radio rap and actin' like yur somethin' your not. At the same time, when I do flow for people or in a group of people rappin', I've noticed that people will sometimes just stop spittin' after I give it mine cause some times people will start to hate a little cause they didn't expect me to be able to do what I do, I think other time it might make them feel uncomfortable about their generic style after they hear me go at it. Sometimes people will tell me what they don't like about my flow (70% of the time they don't even rap), but I came to realize it means something good. How often do you see some dumb dude rappin' all sloppy and just gettin down just to try. I don't usually see them havin' people saying what they don't like about their flow. Usually when someone sucks, they just wait for them to stop and think their style is lame. It seems like if people are taking the moment to think about your flow, then you've got enough of something going on to where they want to pick apart and try and find some problems with it. In general, rap is extremely hard, everyone will have an opinion. You have to expect some people to dislike what you're doin'. If you're on the bottom coming up, people will tell all kinds of stuff. If you're on the top, people just listen to whatever lame style that people dish out. (For example, I think Kanye West should just stick to producing [and I live in Chicago], no one would have ever given him a contract to rap. The only reason he's rapping is because he got himself into a position where he can do anything he wants cause he's been in production.) In response to giving up rap, I kinda understand, but if it comes to that, then you just don't love the feeling you get from it. 99.8% of the time I rap it's when I'm alone kickin' it at home with the stereo jukin' or when a cruisin' the freeway with the music going. I just start rappin' out of no where cause I love that feeling I get when I'm about two minutes into a freestyle or just writing some good lines.

Anyways, I know I wrote way too much but it's my first posting here so ......, to answer the initial question....
My rap covers more styles than a lot of people I hear. The rappers I look up to most are Tupac and Twista. I think my flow could be an odd mix between the two, it's an odd combination. Tupac has some of the best lyrics, and twista has the best flow and taste for music along with some well put together lyrics too in my opinion. I really like Common and other rappers like Capital D and All Natural, the Molemen, UGK.. and anything with good production. I like really diverse music production. I'm not into the Dre style of west cost L.A. stuff though, just the chronic and older stuff was good.

- now look what'ch you done
- you got --
- blood ont the rug -
- n' dirt on my sneakers
- mean-mug lookin' thugs
- love it when I spit this heat through the speakers
- to a meager beat
- amplified a thousand times
- breathin' life into my lyrical ryhmes
- until it resurrects
- and takes on its own dimension
- ....need I mention more [my sh^t]

I write here and there for fun. I'm not very marketable, I don't like being around a bunch of people, I'm not hype, I value my privacy, I don't like to perform and play dressup with fake diamonds... and u know they say, people don't wanna hear about ur problems they wanna get buck in the club. Ya, I'm done...
word. thats me. except i like performing. just don't get to do it that often.

I rap now and then, but my priorities go to production. When I rap, I rap about things that are going on in my life, not about cars, ******* and bling. What Blade said, I'm not marketable either, and I like my privacy. I did perform in the past though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to rap. Not well though. But still better than some people with their soundclick pages which showcase their off-beat "rapping", horrible voices and dictionary skills and what not.
The only reason I started making beats in the first place was so that I would have beats to rap on. Little did I know my production abilities would far surpass my rapping abilities and I'd become so awesome :bigeyes:
I want to make a whole album produced by myself. I like to be the centre of attention, so I want my name and picture on the cover. I dont want others getting all the credit for my work. And if they do then I'll make sure everybody knows that it was all me. I also wouldnt put out some trash with my name on it.... If I get paid for it then that's cool, (Gettin' that check music! Know the ledge!) but I don't want my name on it.

Lehoo said:
everybody raps these days, come on. It would take some real detective work to find someone who doesn't think rapping and hip hop is the coolest sh** on the planet.
yea. my spanish friend said that every black guy is rapping these days which seems to be true. I haven't been writing that much lately because I want something to call my own. Anyone can rap and it's too commonplace for me. Believe that I'm nice though. I don't try to mimic anyone but if there is one rapper I can say I'm like it would prolly be a lil AZ and Big L. BTW, I rap about what I feel. Not thuged at all. I try to keep it as clean as possible too since it seems to be hard to not be nice without slipping some words.. I'm strictly egotistical and don't care if it suits the club or not. Its all about me.

Last edited:
I rap about my grills and whatever else makes me feel good cuz music suppose to make you feel good.

stkee phl0 said:
I rap about my grills and whatever else makes me feel good cuz music suppose to make you feel good.

YeaH, youre pretty decent at it. I checked your web-page and watched all the vids you had on there. Looks like you really have your heart in it. You must be a legend from where youre from. lol

If you went to any Elementary School and asked them if they had a choice between being a doctor or Rapper, what do you think their answer would be? Or a basketball player.

Alot of niggas is strugglin. Little youngins I mean. Hoopin or Rappin is really their only positive alternative to ****in the rest of their life up doing something stupid. Some cat was on FP a while ago. He was askin all these wild stupid questions about all this different gear. We're like "WTF? Why you got all this gear and dont know how to use it?" His response was that he was putting together a semi-community studio for the youth in his area that would serve as a safe haven and he knew would keep them out of trouble. Big ups to homie again, whoever you were. We need more bruhs like you.

Yeah,

It comes natural to me, as soon as I hear a beat Im automatically in-tune with it. I got into making beats because I wanted somethin to rap over, I didn't know how hard making beats was gonna be...

This new stuff Im taking, Im not gonna say what it is but ever since I started taking it Ive been waking up everyday grinding harder than ever, and my creativeness is starting to come back like crazy.

Im looking at proffesional rap like "wow, this stuff is easy as long as you maintain a steady flow to the beat and have some decent lyrics"

You definately have to be a special person cuz hot rappers are hard to find, Ive had a constant calling to rap ever since I can remember and I just do it, I dont care what anybody thinks about it, they dont bother me.

Back