When you ask someone what type of music they listen to and they say "everything".

FadedOff

Music Website
When you ask someone what type of music they listen to and they say "everything".

Music is a huge part of my life and because of it I listen to various types of music. I am HipHop fanatic first but I will listen to anything from EDM to a country type of record. I love talking about music and I can hold my own in those kind of convos but the thing I hate the most is when I ask that "What kind of music do you listen to?" question and they have the balls to tell me everything!

Come on fam everything?!?!? Those type of people don't even really listen to music because if you did you would have a favorite type.

Maybe this is a dumb rant but it really annoys me. I instantly drop the convo and talk about something dumb like the weather or something.

Does this bug anyone else like it bugs me? Am I insane?

I know some people who don't listen to any music, don't know any artists or songs.. current or old school.. And I know people who say "Alil of everythang" those people I think are self consicious types or sum shit who think you might disagree with them or say they have shhitty taste in music. so they say "Everything" and when you drop a few names, then they will roll with it and take it from there... I feel you man, I notice that shit too.. maybe we just trippin?

Saying everything is easier than mentioning all 17 genres and sub genres you enjoy. It means you're generally open minded when it comes to music and have a diverse taste.

Hopefully it means they're sample diggers or something, but if not, it usually means their opinion on music is likely to be pretty "meh" for my tastes. Anyone can say they listen to everything when they never look left of the radio dial, very few actually mean "I spend my day listening to way different sounds with no predominant favorite, including..."

i literally do listen to "EVERYTHING".
im one of those people.
like i be listenin to other language music and shit if i like the melody. like old folk music and shit.
even those random radio stations, that nobody listen to with opera and orchestra's and shit like that.
i be wantin to sample dat shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I am asked that question. I say " a variety ". I have most of my love for hip hop but I also like Rock, Metal, Pop, Dance, Jazz, Orchestra, Classical, Funk, etc etc etc.

I respect anyone who listens to more than one genre. Especially if they are music producers themselves.

Download 10 Beats. New Mixtape!
Download Songs, Mixtapes, Albums, Beats - Beats & Instrumentals

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually, whenever some lists their musical tastes as "everything", its pretty safe to assume they have shitty taste in everything.

Everything for me is a large variety. On my Phone right now I got Yokko Kanno, Utada Hikaru, Conway Twitty, Miley Cyrus, A tribe called Quest, Bel Biv Devoe, Black Keys, White Stripes, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Asap Ferg, 50 Cent, REM. sooooo yeah when I say it I just mean a very wide variety

OP, you stated, "I hate the most is when I ask that "What kind of music do you listen to?" question and they have the balls to tell me everything!

Come on fam everything?!?!? Those type of people don't even really listen to music because if you did you would have a favorite type."

What kind of music you listen to and your favorite type are two different things. I actually do listen to everything, and there ain't nothing wrong with saying it.

Usually, whenever some lists their musical tastes as "everything", its pretty safe to assume they have shitty taste in everything.

If this is valid (which it's not), I see it as the opposite. If someone's mind is open to listening to other genres based on good melodies, nice production, talent at an instrument, and more... chances are, they're listening to some good, nice, talented music.

If someone listens to "shitty" music, then they listen to shitty music, regardless of the genre, or # of genres.

When someone listens to Wu Tang, then Jimi Hendrix, and then Charlie Parker, I'd say that person has great taste. But then again, that's just my opinion. Which is why this is not valid.

Well my favorites are HipHop, R&B/Soul, and Pop. Especially Soul, you can pretty often catch me chilling to Curtis Mayfield, David Ruffin, and Ottis Redding. But I also love House such as Daft punk, Breakbot, and the Bingo Players. Dubstep be getting me hype too. Ya'll heard Purple City by Joker? Booooyyy I go crazy when the bass drop! One of my favorite composers is Utada Hikaru. I start dreaming listening to her shit. And when I really wanna feel relaxed I gotta throw on some Reggae, you know, Bob Marley, Alborosie, Sizzla, etc. And you already know when I feel like dancing, I gotta blast some Michael Jackson! That nigga could dance! And when I wanna bring the Funk, my go to's are Bootsy Collins, Prince, and James Brown. Can't forget about Rock either. My favorite Rock song is probably In Too Far by Acceptance. I like Classic Rock too. My favorite band right now is Bad Rabbits, they be jamming! They had the best album this year, along with Janelle Monae. I like a lot of Classical too. Fur Elise be making me get all philosophical and shit. Did I mention I'm BIG fans of Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Alicia Keys, and Musiq Soulchild? (Blah Blah Blah....)

Everything> Over all that...If not I could continue if you'd like... Lol

Back