What's Your Favorite Producer-Artist Collaborations

D

djporter2

My Personal Favorites:

Wiz Khalifa with production by ID Labs- they did this plane and many many more, especially on kush and oj idlabsbeats.com

Wale with production by Flawless Tracks (Best Kept Secret)- they did pretty girlz and a bunch more on his mixtapes mainly on more about nothing flawlesstracks.net

and Curren$y with production by Ski Beats- he did damn near every song on pilot talk (dont know if he has a soundclick, someone post the link if he does please)

show us your top collabos and add a link so we can check out their shit

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Jay Z and The Neptunes, Pete Rock and Redman Biggie and Dj Premier Rza and Biggie a lot of crazy combos Freeway and Jake One seem to be a match made in heaven

My Personal Favorites:

Wiz Khalifa with production by ID Labs- they did this plane and many many more, especially on kush and oj idlabsbeats.com

Wale with production by Flawless Tracks (Best Kept Secret)- they did pretty girlz and a bunch more on his mixtapes mainly on more about nothing flawlesstracks.net

and Curren$y with production by Ski Beats- he did damn near every song on pilot talk (dont know if he has a soundclick, someone post the link if he does please)

Ski has some classics under his belt...

I always liked hearing BIG over Easy Mo Bee joints. Common & No ID.. woo! Talib & Hi Tek.. sure fire.

Off the top, my favorite are Nas/Alchemist joints, Amerie/Rich Harrison (the Touch album was crazy) and MF DOOM/Madlib tracks.

some of my favorite,and obvious ones are The Neptunes and Mystikal,The Neptunes and Clipse,Dre and Eminem,No I.D. and Kanye West,lastly Timbaland and Timberlake.

The Runners- Rick Ross

I like the JUSTICE LEAGUE stuff he does but overall the songs make me wanna go to sleep...Ross sounds great over hyped up Southern production....and BMF reminded us of that. Ross killed the features on Papa Duck's "Look At My Swag" and that Marvelous J/Franchize Boy song with Fabolous...

q tip spittin over those bass heavy ummah joints are some of my favorites. Also gza and rza, gang starr, pete and cl, and 9th/khrysis and phonte/big pooh.

I always liked hearing BIG over Easy Mo Bee joints.

word me too. especially after seeing that one documentary where Mo was interviewed and was talkin about how their studio sessions usually went down.

my favorites... i really can't call it. maybe mobb and alchemist. jeezy and red.

for more recent collabs i will say i loved the gucci/swizz collabos from earlier this summer. especially Its Alive. gucci did his thing with swizz...made me like him more

My Personal Favorites:

Wiz Khalifa with production by ID Labs- they did this plane and many many more, especially on kush and oj www.idlabsbeats.com

Wale with production by Flawless Tracks (Best Kept Secret)- they did pretty girlz and a bunch more on his mixtapes mainly on more about nothing www.flawlesstracks.net

edit for the links

I heard today that Daft Punk is producing an N.E.R.D. track. Deeeeefffffinitely looking forward to that one.

But as far as things that have already been done, When Timbaland and Justin Timberlake get together, beautiful things happen.

No lie....I miss the shit out of those Timbaland & Missy collabos.....they pretty much never disappointed.

Mannie Fresh with ANY of the Hot Boys was always jammin.....

As of recently though.......Kanye & Jay-z always inspire......

I don't know....can't really think of any recent ones. It's like that shit almost doesn't exist anymore.

Timbalands beats with Missy had so much god damn bounce.

I wouldn't say that it doesn't exist anymore.

I feel like nowadays, the most powerful producers are either

a) Assuming the role as the producer and sitting back, doing the job, and doing it really really well. (Dr. Luke for example).

b) Being a multi-faceted producer/songwriter/performer headed towards potential world domination. (Kanye..?)

Back