Whats you view on Ryan "Triton Presets" Leslie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatpat

What all the hype surrounding Ryan Leslie?

If you listen to any of his songs, he is just using standard Triton presets - anyone can make that stuff. (The same with Neptunes etc.)

On the other hand try to remake a Dr Dre beat - unless you have access to very expensive orchestras, a grand piano and a million dollar SSL mixing board, the chances are you are not going to get close to matching Dre's sound in terms of sonic quality.

Last edited:
go ahead and remake a Ryan Leslie Song and post it up since u think anyone can do it.. I d like to hear the results.. and the Neptunes?!?!?! Get the f outta here...literally

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is Ryan Leslie?

I Saw video and they were dissing him hardcore?

Last edited:
What's wrong with using presets from a keyboard? The next thing you gonna say is "...build your own keyboard..."

waste of time

I don't waste my time remaking other people's beats homeboy, all I am saying is that if you listen to his songs, and then mess around on a Triton, you will see that every sound he uses comes from the Triton.

Last edited:
phatpat said:
I don't waste my time remaking other people's beats homeboy, all I am saying is that if you listen to his songs, and then mess around on a Triton, you will see that every sound he uses comes from the Triton.

So? People buy a guitar, and they want to use that instrument in their songs... What exactly is the difference?

apparantly his Triton sound is good enough for the masses so get over it, what difference does it make anyway? His beats are hot, I dont care where his sound came from and neither should anyone else... as long as the end result is hot, thats all I care about.

BenL said:
Who is Ryan Leslie?

I Saw video and they were dissing him hardcore?

Producer if Cassies Me and You among others..

so what if he uses presets, who the f--- cares ?! Do you think that people in the club or in cars or homes are thinksing " Damn, he uses presets, can't f--- with him no more" Hell no, as long as the music is banging(and it is) the average listener doesn't give a sh--. That's our main problem as producers, we have gotten to the point where we overanalyze the musc instead of just enjoying the music...lol.

Last edited:
Holy sh!t this guy is big....um so who gives a sh!t if he uses presets...

I just wikipediaed him

Last edited:
phatpat said:
On the other hand try to remake a Dr Dre beat - unless you have access to very expensive orchestras, a grand piano and a million dollar SSL mixing board, the chances are you are not going to get close to matching Dre's sound in terms of sonic quality.
Dre uses Korg Triton/Reason/MPC presets. Not as advanced as you may think, and I'm sure R. Leslie's songs are ran thru a console just like everyone else's. Console's like the SSL don't add as much to a mix as you'd think. At the same time, they do just what they're supposed to. Someone who got the sounds could make an identical Dre beat in cubase or whatever without ever running it thru outboard gear.

It's different if you were talking about what an SSL does to an overall song, but just an instrumental off digital equipment? Get real.

nice

jeffery225 said:
so what if he uses presets, who the f--- cares ?! Do you think that people in the club or in cars or homes are thinksing " Damn, he uses presets, can't f--- with him no more" Hell no, as long as the music is banging(and it is) the average listener doesn't give a sh--. That's our main problem as producers, we have gotten to the point where we overanalyze the musc instead of just enjoying the music...lol.

Well said dude. I dont know why people always trying to hate on established producers because they use presets. Use presets too and get a number 1 hit like he did...... We spend too much time on these guys jocks instead of creating our own sounds and making a name for ourselves...

Thank you, I was just being real, Music is not a science, it is artform, and people needto realize that in order for great music to be made, it should be expressed without limit or rule. If you keep putting rules and/or liiitation depicting what you think music should, then the ed rusults will not have the desired effects. simply put, it shouldn/t matter if it's presets or not, jut make good music, that's it plain and simple.

Last edited:
i use presets all the time!..long as the sound is hot! ima use it

What's funny, I tell you guys pros use presets, you swear I'm lying. They pay sound designers to create presets. Then you pay for all those presets when you buy your hardware/software. Why wouldn't you take advantage of them?

I don't understand why it bothers some of you when producers use presets. Oh and as for the Dre thing, I'd rather listen to the Cassie album than what Dre has been making lately.

phatpat said:

This dude has plaques on the wall with his "triton presets". What's on your wall besides dirty hand prints, and that 3 set picture of Jesus, Maclom and Martin?

So what his sounds come from the triton...THAT'S WHAT IT'S MADE FOR!!!

And you diss the man for using the sounds?

Get over yourself.

phatpat said:
What all the hype surrounding Ryan Leslie?

If you listen to any of his songs, he is just using standard Triton presets - anyone can make that stuff. (The same with Neptunes etc.)

And, so wat do that suppose to mean? so what if somebody uses preset sounds if its hot, its hot. Im tired of people making excuse on people using preset sounds. You can make your own sounds and it can sound like a whole bunch of Bull**** in a bucket. So plz stop making it seem like its a sin to use preset. If you make your own sound or if you use preset, if its hot its just hot. If its not its not point blink. oh yeah, if somebody use a piano you going to tell me you are going to stop using piano. With that said, it have been a million songs done with a normal acoustic piano and none of them sound the same. So its not the sounds its the person behind that sound.

Last edited:
yeah i'm really sick of people who do this ****. if it's hot it's hot. i don't care if someone loops or chops a sample up. if it's wack then it's wack. the journey doesn't matter. what you have by the end does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back