What's the point in selling beats online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who really cares if you set the soundclick charts on fire with the net anthem 'Crack dealer' with emcee r2-doo doo rhyming about selling the activation codes for fruity loops and cooledit.

there is nothing to be gained from working with these futureless bums. Do people who want to be successful architects break into the industry by going down to the beach and helping kids build sand castles? **** no

STOP WORKING WITH NETCEES.

ps - Be careful of the covert netcees who may approach you offline. If their name is a pun of a sci fi character or contains a scientific term they are probably a netcee

Do not tarnish the Sanders name with this nonsense.

I love to post.

... look at that... yeaahhhh

2 FREE POST Threads in one day!!!!

I used to draw before I made beats, I found a drawing that I scanned about 5 years ago...

mc.jpg

sell them to make money

u are not "working" with them, you are selling them your beats that may be sitting on your hard drive otherwise

robbysanders said:
ps - If their name is a pun of a sci fi character or contains a scientific term they are probably a netcee [/B]

Hmmm, I hope you ain´t talking about Jean Luc Pigheart. Or Futurama´s Bender. Or even Captain Dirk or something. Nice thread...and now grow up.

robbysanders said:
Who really cares if you set the soundclick charts on fire with the net anthem 'Crack dealer' with emcee r2-doo doo rhyming about selling the activation codes for fruity loops and cooledit.

there is nothing to be gained from working with these futureless bums. Do people who want to be successful architects break into the industry by going down to the beach and helping kids build sand castles? **** no

STOP WORKING WITH NETCEES.

ps - Be careful of the covert netcees who may approach you offline. If their name is a pun of a sci fi character or contains a scientific term they are probably a netcee

hmm...some soundclick alumni...

Joe Buddens
Big Sty
Little Brother
Krumb Snatcha

and a whole host of other MC's that are getting national recognition AND/OR have signed major label deals.

So not everybody on SC is a nobody.

Hell, I met Kruger and Goldie off SC...it's a great networking tool...you just have to sift thru the BS, that's all.

so very true...but there are the beat jackers that prowl the street of SC...downloading the mp3's or running the beat thru A sampler and recording it....after my mentor told me these thngs..he advised me not to update my SC...the beats that i have on there right now are trash compared to the ones i have now.....but i do feel that SC is an important tool to the online production community...it opens up communications and it does showcase alot of talent....there are pros and cons to everything and SC is one of them...but overall....i think that it is a very good platform for aspiring artists and producers to learn and to get exposure...it's free and you are reaching a lot of people...so as far as staying away from netcees....as long as they're showing money for a track...why not? as an up and comer...whoever shows enough green is whoever i'm working with and selling to....u should take tht money...invest in your studio and sound modules and just step your game up you know?

^^^^^^^^
That's why the only things I'm puttin up on my soundclick page are remixes.

Or somethin with a really annoyin vocal tag.

Some kid named flintstone hit me up the other day wantin to "collaborate".
He wanted a beat I did for a Jay-Z Lucifer Remix on my sc page. Never heard from him again when he realised that I was going to charge him for the track. Apparently he just wanted me to send him beats for free cuz.

Watch out for them types.

floeji said:
so very true...but there are the beat jackers that prowl the street of SC...downloading the mp3's or running the beat thru A sampler and recording it....after my mentor told me these thngs..he advised me not to update my SC...the beats that i have on there right now are trash compared to the ones i have now.....but i do feel that SC is an important tool to the online production community...it opens up communications and it does showcase alot of talent....there are pros and cons to everything and SC is one of them...but overall....i think that it is a very good platform for aspiring artists and producers to learn and to get exposure...it's free and you are reaching a lot of people...so as far as staying away from netcees....as long as they're showing money for a track...why not? as an up and comer...whoever shows enough green is whoever i'm working with and selling to....u should take tht money...invest in your studio and sound modules and just step your game up you know?

I completely agree thats why i dont even update or link my soundclick page anymore. Only tracks I post online are blatant remixes and whatnot.

I kinda agree with the threadstarter a lil bit too. Theres nothin wrong with sellin online but you'll never reach your full potential that way. I get disgusted when I hear people sellin beats for like $50. It waters down the game.

I know its going against the usual mode of thinking here but you'll never make it if you stay in "online" mode. Get out and meet some people and make some things happen. Thats what I been doin and thats why yall barely even know who da fukk I am on this site. Maybe I'm just lucky cuz im in a major music market like Atlanta. Hopefully one day I can blow up and come back to this site and drop some wisdom in return for all the valuable information I've received from you guys over the years.

To everyone: keep up the good work and stay workin on your craft. If you really wanna take this stuff serious and to the next level you gotta realize that no one made it big by sellin beats to Joe Schmoe on soundclick. You gotta dream bigger than that. You're only limited by what YOU think you can achieve.

As I live in Germany and there aren't really any local cats spending money on beats AT ALL(basically everyone just works together as friends/collabs until something gets released(rare) then the producer gets his share..), the net is a nice way to make some cash on the side

j.troup said:

hmm...some soundclick alumni...

Joe Buddens
Big Sty
Little Brother
Krumb Snatcha

my favorite interlude on the ministrel show is at the end of 13 when they are talkin about big pooh, and dude is like

"i heard he got dropped"

"from the label??!?!"

"naw n*gga, from SOUNDCLICK, HAHAAHA!"

that just trip me out EVERYtime..lol

Everytime I see the title of this thread it just baffles me...

What the point of selling beats is all that goes into my mind...

then I read "online"....

It just doesn't even make since...

Who give a shyt where you sell beats.

I'd sell beats in the toilet at the park if they had the money I asked for.

Sidebar: The Beats I sell... are made for that purpose... if you know what I mean... hope you're smart.

Anotha discouraged beatmaker found his way to FP and wants someone to validate his SoundClick failures...

Keep Bangin' playa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back