what's killin me about this Geron issue...

logic7

old school
well looks like i'm not posting the demo/mixtape here anymroe...and i was really looking forward to feedback too...but i cant trust n e one now

well looks like i'm not posting the demo/mixtape here anymroe...and i was really looking forward to feedback too...but i cant trust n e one now

lol

everyone thats so scared of being jacked is acting like a&r's at labels
and etc can't/haven't done the same ... living in fear gets you no where.

people weren't smart for not doing their homeworck/background checks.

Last edited:
No one could have seen this coming. If you have your **** together you have nothing to worry about, especially, some random dude on the net stealing beats. You live and you learn.

before my **** goes online, I copyright it.

Although, one could argue in court that the date of creation was the date you posted it online. If a site like Soundclick, Myspace, or some others have time/date stamps on files uploaded to their servers, your lawyers could get a subpoena duces tecum for those logs to prove date of creation.

Don't know if it'll hold up in court, but unless you're like me and poor man's copyrights your stuff before uploading it somewhere, it's probably your only hope of showing proof of copyright (I do a proper filing later, but at least I have SOMETHING with a date on it).

Last edited:
Glad I never submitted to dude. Nigg@ got the butterfingers on beats like rick james on crack.

Whats funny is dude didnt even log back in now and try to readdress the issue or even try to come with a comeback (lol). He must be guilty.

I never got into that thread .... I checked it out but I lost interest. Ain't nothing he said was gonna to get me in the game... so I dismissed him.I enjoy hearing about success of the OP and FP members but odds are if they anything like me, they should have tunnel vision and not be airing out they business on FP. That is the number 2 rule here. One thing that would have been on my mind if I were one of the many who sent him a beat ...is.... What was in it for him.... really? Like I said ... i did not get into the threads ....so I don't know...

But now we really know what he was doing .... Shock of the Summer...

Don't trust no one...

lol thats the funny thing he done it so patiently and subtle. then hit yall with the big one and bounced.

for real, ya jack any line ive dropped or any beat ive made, well obviously you needed it more then i did, cause stuff like beats/words is expendable when your a true musician/lyricist. It aint no thing for me to make some more ish up. real shyt

He got me. Reason why I find it so corny is, I didn't care enough not to get jacked. I've added around 5 emails a week to my mailing adress for the last 4 years that belong to major artists. I don't have time to check everyone out. I make a beat and send it off to everyone it might fit. Make another beat, repeat cycle. Dude having a 160mbps mp3 of a few of my beats won't make me lose no sleep. In the end it's still my beat.

Dude just trip me out cause he sat around here so long taking these sob stories, i woulda just thrown him one anyway if I really f**ked with HIS music.

But no one should allow themselves to get effected by this. As H&R said, one of the olderst label A&R hustles is managing nobodies on the side, taking beats submitted for a major album and selling them to their clients.

If you on your grind you gonna get beatjacked, I've been jacked often, I'm willing to bet more times than most. But between all that jackin, music got me a house and a couple cars, I can live with that. Next cat that come in here the same way can get a submission from me as well.

There's a whole reviews section with full beats on this site...

Nobody should sweat posting their material... ish is crazy, lol.

Man, go downtown of any major city in the US and you'll see hustlers try'n to get some lost souls last $20's for food and claiming they'll be right back with $40 worth of food or some stupid shyt like that. It's just the way of the world is. FP is an information frontier not a place to expect to get placements/money. The coolest thing on FP is cats with real usable info, an occasional collab, and some good lucks but If we don't police these noob's and make them prove themselves they'll play our members with stupid shyt like that left and right.

I remember when he first showed up I said something in his thread about these new guys and there crap and he got alil upset even then. I didn't wanna sound like a non-well-wisher but 5 post in and your Dj Quicks new homie? hhhmm...

There's actually a few guys on here who's hearts are really damn near broken...lol
ADVICE TO ALL...TRUST YOURSELF... DON"T BELIEVE IT TILL YOU SEE IT...

One guy said..."For some reason I believe you"...I read that and thought...."and why is that?"
Geron's probably not his name anyways...

Geron's probably not his name anyways...
Nah it is. He's on my friends list on MySpace and he got people who actually know him on there. I should post his link so everybody can hit him up and talk sh*t lol. No point really though.

oh there's a point...people will come here and join up and also he'll get his ear full... Kill that ant with a sledgehammer

some dude got caught lying about his music connections and got alot of FP members to send him music. i missed alot of it too... oh well though,

I never trusted someone with like 100 posts talking big time industry **** without any solid back up. What a lil **** sucker

Back