Whatever happened to DRS "This is For My Homies" WGCI--If You're From Chicago...

TheLetterL

Whatever happened to DRS "This is For My Homies" WGCI--If You're From Chicago...

...you know that Crazy Howard McGee in the morning used to play this game called "whatever happened to" where you had to think of obscure old school stuff and call in to the station with it. Well I want to play that game...let's see where this post goes. Follow the examples below.

What ever happened to Dirty Rotten Scoundrels? Remember that song Gangsta Lean? "This is for my homies"

Whatever happened to Skee-Lo? I Wish

Whatever happened to those shirts where the Looney Toons characters were dressed up like thugs?

Whatever happened to Kross Kolours? Did I even spell that right?

Whatever happened to Portrait? That had a song in '92 called Here We Go. Very New Jack Swing inspired.

Whatever happened to overalls with one strap down?

Whatever happened to wearing HBCU sweatshirts? (or Georgetown)

Whatever happened to starter coats?

When is Jodeci gonna get back together?

Whatever happened to the 5th member of Bone?

Does anybody remember Mokenstef?

Whatever happened to "Butterfly uh uh that's old, let me see you Tootsie Roll"?

What happened to Digable Planets?

What happened to summer of '94--Doggystyle, Above The Rim Soundtrack, Tag Team, SWV's first album still had singles droppin. Kriss Kross came out with a second more obscure album that was still bangin, Changing Faces had Stroke You Up.

BTW if you have no idea what any of this is, that is what we are talking about when we say hip hop has changed. That's why Ice-T hates Lil Boosie. That's why it's hard to be impressed by the next 12 year old best emcee in the game.

Good post L. Bringing back memories.

Here's one for you. What happened to rayon shirts? lol

Back