What are you guys gettin for American Gangster BPMs?

biggrome said:
Well, I guess I could've said 15 seconds... (ask the people who've seen my remixing vid)

but the right tempo...

... sometimes it takes longer than that...

Sometimes it's not the right tempo until the song is done and you still have to tweak... it's taken a few days before - ( I don't need the perfect tempo to start making the beat... just approximate). That RUN IT remix... still not perfect.

Speed is not important.

"Let's all see who can find the BPM the fastest !!!!

"I'm better than you !!!!"

"Whutttt ... ttt... ttt.... TTTT!!!!"

lol, it's about who can make the remix sound the best...

Post up one of your remixes and I'll remix that song and you'll see that the time to find the BPM is not important.

... or just name one of the acappellas your remixed. I plan on only doing one to keep me in practice. The song called PRAY.

Did you remix that one... I feel challenged...

You try so hard to make it sound like you know your shyt that you dissed yourself saying it takes 15 min.

It takes longer than 15 minutes... (takes about 15 minutes to - whenever the ish is right!)

Let's do one of the Jay Z remixes and post them shyts...

We'll see who knows their ish, lol.

What's crackin'... (I will get some motivation out one of you naysayers... YOU CAN'T REMIX LIKE OL ROMEY ROME!)

No links, No cred, all hot air...

Last edited by a moderator:
biggrome said:
It takes longer than 15 minutes... (takes about 15 minutes to - whenever the ish is right!)

Let's do one of the Jay Z remixes and post them shyts...

We'll see who knows their ish, lol.

What's crackin'... (I will get some motivation out one of you naysayers... YOU CAN'T REMIX LIKE OL ROMEY ROME!)

No links, No cred, all hot air...

What the phuck do you mean whenever the ish is right? When I calculate tempo its always right. Dude dont argue about something you dont know about you are making an ass out of yourself. Choose your arguments and this one you should get out of you cant bring nothing to the table son.

biggrome said:
Well, I guess I could've said 15 seconds... (ask the people who've seen my remixing vid)

but the right tempo...

... sometimes it takes longer than that...

Sometimes it's not the right tempo until the song is done and you still have to tweak... it's taken a few days before - ( I don't need the perfect tempo to start making the beat... just approximate). That RUN IT remix... still not perfect.

Speed is not important.

"Let's all see who can find the BPM the fastest !!!!

"I'm better than you !!!!"

"Whutttt ... ttt... ttt.... TTTT!!!!"

lol, it's about who can make the remix sound the best...

Post up one of your remixes and I'll remix that song and you'll see that the time to find the BPM is not important.

... or just name one of the acappellas your remixed. I plan on only doing one to keep me in practice. The song called PRAY.

Did you remix that one... I feel challenged...
I'm not challenging u. Competition isn't that big to me when it comes to beats u know that. I just wanted to know what was slowing ur process down so much. Doesn't live have a tap tempo? 15 minutes for someone whos been doin it as long as u seems excessive. I havent remixed pray yet either. if u wanna do it ill get something together this weekend perhaps.

Pure Hype Production said:
You try so hard to make it sound like you know your shyt that you dissed yourself saying it takes 15 min.
how is taking 15 minutes to remix a diss? i was asking because it seems strange

Last edited:
What the phuck do you mean whenever the ish is right? When I calculate tempo its always right. Dude dont argue about something you dont know about you are making an ass out of yourself. Choose your arguments and this one you should get out of you cant bring nothing to the table son.

I don't chop up vocals and all o dat crap... I get the BPM right. People that chop vocals and nudge ish to line everything up... have the BPM wrong.

Ummm... nothing to bring to the table... it seems you're the one without links...

www.myspace.com/biggrome

www.onlinemusicproduction.com

Now quit. I don't have to calculate the BPM in 2 minutes... it's taken 2 hOURS before !

Does your calculation skills enhance your talent? ... if you have any.

This is fun. Keep it going... until 4pm PST.

biggrome said:
I don't chop up vocals and all o dat crap... I get the BPM right. People that chop vocals and nudge ish to line everything up... have the BPM wrong..

Wrong peeps chop the vocals to fit it to a faster or slower tempo they dont have the tempo wrong. Once again you dont know what you are talking about.

Xabiton, where can i here some stuff that u did?? i dont see any links.. drop me one

Wrong peeps chop the vocals to fit it to a faster or slower tempo they dont have the tempo wrong. Once again you dont know what you are talking about.

I'm sorry I have offended you Pure Hype Productions. Please accept my most sincere apology. For you are the master of tempo finding, bpms and all things that incorporate calculation and mathematical skills. Please do not beat me.

Lol @ rome. Niggas aint ****in with Rome. I said it. There's about 5 or 6 cats here that I really respect here musically. Rome is one of them. As far as my music my myspace page got hacked a month ago and I haven't gotten around to making a new one. Ill do it eventually.

Xabiton said:
Lol @ rome. Niggas aint ****in with Rome. I said it. There's about 5 or 6 cats here that I really respect here musically. Rome is one of them.

Thanks man. I wish I had the time on my hands that a lot of these guys have. I actually have to cram in beatmaking. So I don't have time to advance, learn new stuff or anything. I have to learn the functionality of the stuff I use and go. I've seen hella shortcuts and tricks on FP... where I know that the dude must make beats all day.

Music is something that I used to be able to zone out and do... now I get mad if the right sound isn't the first 2 or 3 I select.... because I know I'm pressed for time.

Here's what I think... (for anybody that cares)

75% of beat making is sound selection - (right drums, vsti or sound... this is the hardest part and takes the longest)

15% is song concept - (if you don't have one, you shouldn't make a beat... this is the most important part... your sounds have to say what your song concept says...)

10% is arrangement - (breakdowns, dropouts, intro's, fill in dead spots if needed... this is the easiest part... not hard but important too...)

They're high school & college kids they're probably on winter break. So instead of jackin off all day they made a few beats. I live in the crates and I've come up with 4 sketches. I don't see how anyone could come up with the whole thing unless they already been workin at it or they r sloppy.

biggrome said:
75% of beat making is sound selection - (right drums, vsti or sound... this is the hardest part and takes the longest)

15% is song concept - (if you don't have one, you shouldn't make a beat... this is the most important part... your sounds have to say what your song concept says...)

10% is arrangement - (breakdowns, dropouts, intro's, fill in dead spots if needed... this is the easiest part... not hard but important too...)

that's some of the realest **** i ever read on here

Xabiton said:
They're high school & college kids they're probably on winter break. So instead of jackin off all day they made a few beats. I live in the crates and I've come up with 4 sketches. I don't see how anyone could come up with the whole thing unless they already been workin at it or they r sloppy.
i remember 9th saying he needs 4 days to remix an album.....he got his formula down pat tho.

imo its wack to just slap these pellas over already done beats. its like not even caring if the vibe is right, the feeling...just "oh i did the american gangster remix album, i got a cover, my **** mixed and e'rything".....im gonna take some to pick out some records that make that match.

biggrome said:
I'm sorry I have offended you Pure Hype Productions. Please accept my most sincere apology. For you are the master of tempo finding, bpms and all things that incorporate calculation and mathematical skills. Please do not beat me.

No problem just dont let it happen again LOL

no for real rome Im being to hard I realise that and I do appologize for being a dick. I incorporate many traditionl methods of beatmaking and have many times been accused of being a hip hop purist. Sometimes I go to far and this time was one of them.

By the way you got some real tight tracks on your myspace keep doing your thing.

Peace

Last edited:
Load the original song into FL Studio, Then use the bpm clicker to match the snares... Or use ableton live..best for matching vocals

WTF is wrong with you guys? Google "AnalogX Tap Tempo". You tap the space bar every beat and you have the tempo to any song in about 10 seconds. If it takes ya'll 15 minutes to get a tempo then you should just give up. SMH.

TXbeatbang said:
i remember 9th saying he needs 4 days to remix an album.....he got his formula down pat tho.

imo its wack to just slap these pellas over already done beats. its like not even caring if the vibe is right, the feeling...just "oh i did the american gangster remix album, i got a cover, my **** mixed and e'rything".....im gonna take some to pick out some records that make that match.
9th wonder is a ****ing beat machine. it almost seems like you could just throw samples at him and he'd spit something out.

i used already done beats, but they fit the songs imo.

i don't know if i'm gonna do more with my american gangster remixes (i uploaded my 6 remixes a few days ago) don't really feel like it.

Xabiton said:
lmfao xabiton. i died laughing reading this. not on winter break tho :D two weeks!!!!!!

Last edited:
lmfao winter break... cant wait.. this year is goin by real fast

X is just mad cause elmo ass niggas like me are makin beats while hes at work :D

Jacking off? Wouldn't that be considered "making beats"? ^_^

Back