What will radio played rap music sound like in the upcoming years? (2013-XXXX)

What will radio played rap music sound like in the upcoming years (2013-XXXX)

• Rap / Dance Music Still

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gangsta Rap is Coming BACK!

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Rap / Boom Bap / Durrrrty Club Hits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crap

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
V

vibedealer

Whats up everyone. So this question has been on my mind lately... What will radio rap music sound like in the up and coming years ahead? I have visioned this rap/dance fusion being brought to life since 2005. As of now I am very open as to where rap music will be heading and what will be pushed. Personally I can't give you a good idea as to where radio rap music will go because I am very uncertain of its direction.

If you have any idea or information that will shed some light on me please do share your thoughts. Right now to me seems like such a blank canvas as far as musical direction.

it will continue the same road down, more and more beez in the trap's, till one day it becomes the standard

i feel like it will always be hard ass type music out, but its gotta take a turn from drug dealing content the way it is now days....its just getting old. And thats coming from an extreme jeezy fan, a gucci fan, someone who listens to 2 chainzz....all that lol

Im in awe after listening to dope peddler. If thats the direction rap music is going im going to have a hard time nodding my head to it. I was not feeling that at all.

There will be huge divide....the stuff on the radio will be dominated by racially ambiguous rappers over beats that could be transplanted to any of the other top artists in other genres on the Billboard at the time.

If Romney wins....expect 2013 to be the point where "real hip-hop" goes even further underground and expect the radio to get even poppier. Theophilus London is gonna have that IT single next year either way.

If Obama wins, expect the fore-runners of the underground now (Kendrick, KRIT, Slaughter) to have a large stake.

To cover all bases, pay attention to what BOB, Theophilus, Kendrick, and Slaughter are making RIGHT NOW....and expand on that 10x. This is going to require improving your musicianship or making buddies with some instrumentalists. You'll have an industry ready sound that won't be dated.

Prob something like frank ocean's coming out letter over a dance beat.

I kid....i vote more pop on the radio, hip hop deeper underground......and prob a lil more gayness too, radiowise/pop culture i forsee a lot of wierd 80ish type behavior

There will be huge divide....the stuff on the radio will be dominated by racially ambiguous rappers over beats that could be transplanted to any of the other top artists in other genres on the Billboard at the time.

If Romney wins....expect 2013 to be the point where "real hip-hop" goes even further underground and expect the radio to get even poppier. Theophilus London is gonna have that IT single next year either way.

If Obama wins, expect the fore-runners of the underground now (Kendrick, KRIT, Slaughter) to have a large stake.

To cover all bases, pay attention to what BOB, Theophilus, Kendrick, and Slaughter are making RIGHT NOW....and expand on that 10x. This is going to require improving your musicianship or making buddies with some instrumentalists. You'll have an industry ready sound that won't be dated.

Theophilus London just discovered this guy right now and I am intrigued with his sound. This guy has a future no doubt. That girl Dinah Jane from the upcoming season of X Factor, she's got lots of swag for a 14 yr old girl. Good to see some creative music. Big K.R.I.T, I am feelin some of this guys music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back