What will 2018 bring us this Year?

Peak Rays

Hey guys.
I can’t wait to see what 2018 brings, especially for music. One of my main thoughts has been where the Hip-Hop music scene will be heading this time around. Will the mumble rap scene take over or will we start to see a rise in western culture? I think, and I may be wrong, that we will start seeing some more 90’s Boom -Bap type music. Since I am a music producer I have come to find a lot of people that seem to enjoy that style of music. But that’s just from personal experience, what do you guys think?

Mumble rap is a slap in the face to anyone who likes complete thoughts and songwriting and as for Boom Bap it's cats overseas who feel it and some American acts who still praise it but trying to predict the next sound, style, etc. is a fool's errand. I want more quality R&B with actual songwriting and melodic focus and live instrumentation and for Hip Hop to have maturity overall.

Great question. The most interesting thing I've seen so far is the Facebook & Instagram signing a deal to do Content ID. That's huge. Check out the video on my Youtube channel about it /MarvillousBeats there are links to sign up for it too!

Thank me later.

I agree, it's something to think about with where hip hop will be just within the next few months. It's a lot of creativity out here now so 2018 gone be a pretty dope year with the music I feel.

Mumble rap trend is going to slow down a little bit, were gonna see very lyrical guys like Denzel Curry and Dave East start to make big waves. Also the UK scene is going to blow up big time, last year we were introduced to the sound on this side of the Atlantic, this year people are really gonna start to enjoy and appreciate the music they are making over there.

2018 is going to be interesting, Im not sure how quickly mumble rap is going away. I don't think musically it will live up to 2017 just because so many great hip hop artists put out great music. I would like to be proved wrong though

Hopefully we can see some new artists emerge and showcase some lyrical ability. The mumble jumbo is so repetitive I'd like to see someone unique/original blow-up in the rap scene.

I don't know that mumble rap will be as popular as years before. The lyrical side of Hip-Hop is finally coming back around to takes its rightful place at the top. I won't straight-up diss mumble rap cause I think there's a place for it. Not everyone can spit - that's just the truth. In my opinion, Hip-Hop will continue to come full circle in regards to lyricism. Production-wise, I think Trap will still be prominent but, Boom-Bap will start to tear into that lead more.

These are interesting times. I wouldn't have thought 10+ years ago that there would be a trap genre, and that mumble rap would come from it. Its hard to say that this year will be any different than the last. I think both trap and mumble rap could be with us for a few more years, maybe.

There's alot of new R&B/Soul talent out right now, from the US, Canada and UK. 2018 could be the year when R&B/Soul goes mainstream.

Back