What Are Some Albums That You Find Production Inspiration In?

KantaBlack

Currently listening to Rapsody's new albume EVE and I'm loving the production.

I also really enjoyed the production on Rich Brian's The Sailor.

What are some other albums do you guys find production inspiration in?

I'm a house and EDM guy so for me it's:

Random Access Memories - Daft Punk - for super clean, clear production with just the right amount of vibe

Cross - Justice - which reminds me that it's okay to over-compress something or just slap a big fat distortion on it sometimes

Promised Land - Joe Smooth - samples = good

Heartbeats - Grum - made in FL Studio with mostly stock plugins (which reminds me of what my DAW can do), and is a very fun album with lots of vibe

My fav vibes are basement vibes, so for me it's Pete Rock - Surviving Elements.

I only heard one song from Sailor so far, planning on listening to the whole album soon

Last edited:
It's an unpopular opinion, but I really get inspired by the production in Imagine Dragons album Evolve. Especially Matman & Robin's productions, like in "I Don't Know Why". Also from Origins, the song "Only" really resonates with me. I'm still trying to figure out how to make a synth sound like theirs.

I also really get inspired by the Avici 01 EP. Every song is just perfect in so many different ways and love it!

It reaches a few genres for me Common-Be, M & O- The Joy, Dr. Dre- The Chronic, Coldplay-Parachutes to name a few

1. Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory/Meteora: The way they mixed electronica, hip hop, and hard rock together in their sound is phenomenal.

2. 21 Savage and Metro Boomin - Savage Mode: Has some of the best trap beats I ever heard. The mixing in particular is great.

I'm a house and EDM guy so for me it's:

Random Access Memories - Daft Punk - for super clean, clear production with just the right amount of vibe

Cross - Justice - which reminds me that it's okay to over-compress something or just slap a big fat distortion on it sometimes

Promised Land - Joe Smooth - samples = good

Heartbeats - Grum - made in FL Studio with mostly stock plugins (which reminds me of what my DAW can do), and is a very fun album with lots of vibe
Nice
o.png

Back