What Is The Most Expensive Beat Ever Sold?

a million? that's absolutely ridiculous.

wasn't there a rumor that dre sold mary j the family affiars beat for half a mill?

it's all about cam spending less than 20 gs for all of his beats on killa season

People have said they have came up to be as much as 250,000..

The Neptunes together and Dr is chargin $100,000 per beat

i don't know about now, but back in the earl 2000's Dre was chargin a quarter mil a track. i doubt he charges 100,000 now, because that's honestly nothing in the music biz for someone of dre's stature. even Just Blaze is around 75, so for dre to be at 100 would be rediculously cheap

the "million dollar beat" allegedly was the "i like it like that" track, but pharrell decided to keep it to himself, as history has witnessed, for less than stellar results.

100 grand per track is a lot nowadays, but when hiphop was at its peak, 100Gs per beat was nothing - even Quik charged 100Gs per track in 97.

A lot of big time producers are selling real cheap right now, I know from some credible sources in LA that RZA beats go for as low as 5Gs !

As for Dre beats, they are in a way priceless - because he only gives them out to artists he is feeling. For example if (insert wack rapper) *Birdman* offered Dre 2 million for one beat - I guarantee Dre will not sell.

Last edited:
Ramouchka said:
about that family affair beat, its not a rumor, dr.dre really sold it for 500 000$
she paid 500 grand for THAT being while pete rock's remix was better?:confused: .. why anyone would pay dre over 250,000 for a track is just crazy when they are really just paying him for the use of his name.. people would rather pay 100s of thousands of dollars for a dre track, knowing it's mediocre, rather than getting a whole lp done for that much from hot producers who are not known as well..

Last edited by a moderator:
puffedoutproductions said:
the "million dollar beat" allegedly was the "i like it like that" track, but pharrell decided to keep it to himself, as history has witnessed, for less than stellar results.

say what you want, but that was a hot track. His album got delayed and that sort of killed the momentum.

I never really liked that single. However, the production on the rest of the album is flames. It actually made P's rapping tolerable.

I think what 50 cent did for the first 2 albums was real smart.....he said that he went through thousands of beats without knowing who produced them and picked the ones he liked...

I would always pick an uknown producer over a $100,000 one. Its just better for the business....we get saturated with known producers thatve exhausted every type of sound out there.

segundo said:
she paid 500 grand for THAT being while pete rock's remix was better?:confused: .. why anyone would pay dre over 250,000 for a track is just crazy when they are really just paying him for the use of his name.. people would rather pay 100s of thousands of dollars for a dre track, knowing it's mediocre, rather than getting a whole lp done for that much from hot producers who are not known as well..

Uh...he has classics, that song was a huge hit. Seems to me like Mary came out on top with her choice.

I guess Timbo is lying when he says "I get a MIL for my beats, you get a couple grand"...directed towards Storch.

Nebulou5 said:
Uh...he has classics, that song was a huge hit. Seems to me like Mary came out on top with her choice.
marley marl, rick rubin, and teddy riley got classics too man. would u pay them 250,000 for a beat right now?

loncaliproductions said:
100 grand per track is a lot nowadays, but when hiphop was at its peak, 100Gs per beat was nothing - even Quik charged 100Gs per track in 97.

A lot of big time producers are selling real cheap right now, I know from some credible sources in LA that RZA beats go for as low as 5Gs !
RZA rarely produces outside of the Wu camp except for small wu affiliates that are most likely his friends, so charging 5g to them is most likely more of a formality than anything.

segundo said:
marley marl, rick rubin, and teddy riley got classics too man. would u pay them 250,000 for a beat right now?

She paid that price THEN and got a huge hit out of it and probably continues to make money off the publishing. Why you bringing up those other producers? That song made her alot of money in return. Wasnt it played on a few commercials and some movies to? Either way, stick what I was saying and not twist it around because of your lack of enthusiasm for Dre beats.

On top of that, I cant afford to pay 250,000 for that type of stuff. What you are willing to pay for drastically changes when you can afford it. Specially when you understand how making money works which I'm sure Mary has some idea at this point in her life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dre is not a NOOB and his name carries alot of weight. An album cover that says: Production by Dr.Dre is more likely to attract consumers easier than a no name. So, in a sense, he is not just selling a track he is selling his name and with his name comes authenticity. Dre moves units PERIOD!

Yo, the Neptunes charged Snoop a Mil (Yes . . . six zeros), for that "Drop It Like It's Hot" Track. But yo y'all gotta think about it with a wider view. These niggas charge two Ferrari's for a beat. . . OK. . . They have to eat themselves, then pay the engineer, the outside instrumentalists (i.e. Dre=Mike Elizondo/Timbaland=Danjahandz), MAYBE studio time, also putting in extra **** like mixing, and if the label doesn't pay for one, a songwriter. It's even more **** that comes along. These niggas may charge 500Gs for a track, but they'll probably be down to 250 by the time they get finished paying for everything.

Last edited:
The Neptunes charged $250,000 a couple of years ago.
They would still be $100,000+ though.

Oh, and WTF happened to Scott Storch.
That dude just did a Cam'ron.

Would he still be charging $50,000?

Last edited:
Back