What happened to the Trackmasters (Poke & Tone)?

J

Jersey8five6

yo, i remember these two had the game on lock from the mid 90's to early 2000's. u couldn't turn on the radio without hearin a trackmaster's track.

i was just listening to Foxy Brown's Ill Na Na, and i remembered how nice they were. they were some of the first producers that actually went and replayed samples instead of sampling it. they went half on an album with Dr Dre and held their own (The Firm). and they laced Nas with a bunch of hits too.

maybe 50 blackballed them since his Trackmaster's album didn't come out. even though i think that's far fetched, it is pretty weird that u stopped hearing from them around the time 50 came out. the last songs i remember them producing are "Jigga that N---a," off The Blueprint, and City High's Remix to Caramel.

anybody know where they went?

Cit High- Caramel Remix (comes on at 2:00)

oh yeah, they did that Mya/Jigga joint, "Best Of Me" i think. Loved that track.

to be honest, I always thought some of their compositions were weak. Like, "Jigga My Nigga".....hated that song. It just sounds so dated, with the drums and the lame synths. I dunno, i guess I'm unnappreciative of some of that Late-90's stuff.

but overall they were one of the best. I have no idea what happened to em. Anyone wiki em?

They mainly do production work for R. Kelly. (I not sure their doing anything on his latest album though.)

After their spanish guitar patch got deleted, they couldn't make anymore variations of the Fiesta song.

They stepped away from the game, although they said theyll do work on the neew sigel album (see: scratch with the runners on it).

Wackmasters along with Puffy were a big reason r&b took such a fall in terms of quality after the Teddy Riley/Jodeci era.

barrysanders20 said:
After their spanish guitar patch got deleted, they couldn't make anymore variations of the Fiesta song.
yeah and that same old clap they always use. u knowthe one stargate used in so sick

Back