What Happened to Mel Man?

Clockwerk

Dre's prodigy Mel Man. What the hell happened to him. He was damn good. He wasn't credited for a lot of beats he did for Dre I heard. Prolly got pissed and left Aftermath I guess. I haven't heard anything from him recently. Last track I heard that he produced was Bounce offa Busta's Genesis album. It's an unreal song and he's an unreal producer. Anyone have an idea what he's been up to?

He's in a group called The Drama Family, if I'm not mistaken.

Which also includes Eric B. and two other cats that left Dre.

I know one guy was his A&R and the other one produced as well.

There's a article about them last month in THE SOURCE magazine.

Pe@ce

Last edited:
BoutBeats said:
I wonder if his sound will have the same quality without Dre and I wonder who Dre will hire next.

I would like to be the next but when i think about it for a second... I don' t like being a GHOST.
this aproximates a ghost smiley->:angel:

He formed a group known as the "Drama FAmily" and left DRE because he felt he wasn't getting the production credits he deserved and left aftermath

MelMan

He should have left Dre with his talent. Why wouldnt you wanna run your own show if you were him?

Rakim

I know Rakim left also. I think he got mad cause his album kept gettin pushed back, Does anyone know if hes with timbaland now? i saw him on the magoo video?

I know Rakim left also. I think he got mad cause his album kept gettin pushed back, Does anyone know if hes with timbaland now? i saw him on the magoo video?

Re: MelMan

BIGPAT said:
He should have left Dre with his talent. Why wouldnt you wanna run your own show if you were him?
It's possible that MelMan didn't know the ins and outs of the game to do shyt on his own. Also, if Dre hadn't picked up MelMan, he would've picked up some other unknown producer and brought him to the same light as MelMan is in now. Now I'm not too familiar with the underground scene in Cali, but I have a feeling that if Dre hadn't picked him up, MelMan's work might have never surfaced.

Personally, I wouldn't mind making beats for Dre as long as I could still do my own side hustles or have my own shyt and do beats for Dre as my side hustle.

Anyway, I don't know if MelMan's with Timbo but I doubt it. Rumor has it that Rakim left Aftermath because the higher ups at Interscope or beyond felt Rakim's album wasn't markettable enough because of a lack of catchy hooks and things of that nature. Dre's work on Rakim's album is still supposed to be on it but it just won't be released under Aftermath.

Also, rumor has it that DJ DMD might be part of the Aftermath's production team. There has yet to be any proof of this, but just to let you know, that's what "they" say.....and "they" talk a lot.

moving from dre to eric b? haha thats a step back, now he's not gonna have any credit at all. How can he leave for not getting credit? remember chronic 2001? "produced by : dr.dre & mel man" I think thats the first time dre ever shared a back album cover producer title with anyone :D

I live in Pittsburgh and grew up on mel-man...even though we are about the same age...I heard he isn't w/aftermath anymore...but his beats speak for itself. I got joints he did (producing and ryhming) from a decade ago...if you look hard enough you might find his old tape..on the cover it had him sitting on a mail-box....the beats knocked so hard...all done on the sp-1200.

naw, mel's from pittsburgh...so was sam sneed who did production on some of dre's early joint as well as a new cat they got ryhming named joe-beast..as well as infinite...pittsburgh is killing it behind the scenes but not getting the props

Hey Shadow you know devin? tell him im in the bathroom boo booin.

LOL .Yeah my first single that I am dropping features him on it .

Mel man did leave dr dre with the a&r known as Big Chuck who was Big daddy kanes and also Neff-U :cool: a up and coming producer who produced a lot of the stuff dr dre took credit for for example like the coor light commercial dr dre was in and also 50 cents Back down, If I cant ,and Heat ,he also did Emenim's My Dads gone crazy , Say what you say , and When the music stops ........ THATS WHAT I HEARD butt I saw a interview On Neff-U and he said Help co produce those songs But who knows KEEP your ears open for the New producer NEFF_ U :)

I read in the Source that MelMan said that Dre basically fired him indirectly and Mel was upset that Dre wouldn't even fire him face to face.

Back