What happened to the Dr.Dre - DETOX Thread???

Status
Not open for further replies.
if history has taught us anything it got Planethitzproduction'ed. or maybe a glitch or somethin

California said:
if history has taught us anything it got Planethitzproduction'ed. or maybe a glitch or somethin

Well now that you're back. Why do you think all underground hip hop sucks? That's the same as someone saying all mainstream hip hop sucks. I find more talent in the underground then I do in the mainstream by far but I wouldn't say all mainstream hip hop sucks. You do have your kids who have that elitest attitude who will listen to garbage music just because no one else does but you also got a lot of kids who will listen to garbage music just because everyone else does and not give underground music a chance because it's not selling as many units as Young Jeezy.

Cameron Thomas said:
Well now that you're back. Why do you think all underground hip hop sucks? That's the same as someone saying all mainstream hip hop sucks. I find more talent in the underground then I do in the mainstream by far but I wouldn't say all mainstream hip hop sucks. You do have your kids who have that elitest attitude who will listen to garbage music just because no one else does but you also got a lot of kids who will listen to garbage music just because everyone else does and not give underground music a chance because it's not selling as many units as Young Jeezy.

cali doesnt even really like hip hop period but strangely is always hanging in the hip hop threads

clarhck5 said:
cali doesnt even really like hip hop period but strangely is always hanging in the hip hop threads

lol... Well I don't really like it as much as I used to either. It's been pretty depressing lately.

hip-hip music itself is tight, if its done right. but most of it has been crap . the real old stuff and alot of the new stuff sucks, like this crunk/hyphy "movement" , this might be our cue to start doin some other type of music. ill still make rap beats every now and then but it will be predominantly RnB, Alternative , even Pop im sad to say . but im also sure that like every other wave that comes and goes , good hip-hop will start emerging once again in the coming years after its 99% crunk type crap and people get tired of it . but as for the Underground thing . i dont like most mainstream stuff either . its just that all the underground beats ive ever heard have like this wack and random Jazz sample in it and sometimes its not even chopped on time or anything. always has a rediculously loud snare with the highs turned all the way up and a bitter rapper pandering about things that most likely never happened and even if they did , its not gonna help anyone anyway. talkin about the reason i have to sell drugs is because bush is in iraq for oil and thats why billy cut his wrist when his prostitute girlfriend dumped him. and then theirs that other type of underground rapper where they think theyre using big words but all their doing is using words that end with the same suffix talkin about nothin, example " the lyrical chronological knowledge will defy the radically logical metaphoric experimental flow when i come through with linguistic hypnotic to yo girl" . i want people to try these following steps and i promise you will have an underground beat .
step 1. load a piano jazz song into your software (cubase, acid etc)
step 2. mark a spot in the song to loop for about 6 seconds and just loop it at random, dont even figure out the BPM of the song or anything.
step 3. make a simple drum pattern , but make sure you put 2 kicks very close together every now and then, i mean real close like in 2 squares in a 1/16 zoom in.
step 4. turn the highs all the way up.
step 5. render the song
step 6. enjoy

California said:
hip-hip music itself is tight, if its done right. but most of it has been crap . the real old stuff and alot of the new stuff sucks, like this crunk/hyphy "movement" , this might be our cue to start doin some other type of music. ill still make rap beats every now and then but it will be predominantly RnB, Alternative , even Pop im sad to say . but im also sure that like every other wave that comes and goes , good hip-hop will start emerging once again in the coming years after its 99% crunk type crap and people get tired of it . but as for the Underground thing . i dont like most mainstream stuff either . its just that all the underground beats ive ever heard have like this wack and random Jazz sample in it and sometimes its not even chopped on time or anything. always has a rediculously loud snare with the highs turned all the way up and a bitter rapper pandering about things that most likely never happened and even if they did , its not gonna help anyone anyway. talkin about the reason i have to sell drugs is because bush is in iraq for oil and thats why billy cut his wrist when his prostitute girlfriend dumped him. and then theirs that other type of underground rapper where they think theyre using big words but all their doing is using words that end with the same suffix talkin about nothin, example " the lyrical chronological knowledge will defy the radically logical metaphoric experimental flow when i come through with linguistic hypnotic to yo girl" . i want people to try these following steps and i promise you will have an underground beat .
step 2. mark a spot in the song to loop for about 6 seconds and just loop it at random, dont even figure out the BPM of the song or anything.
step 3. make a simple drum pattern , but make sure you put 2 kicks very close together every now and then, i mean real close like in 2 squares in a 1/16 zoom in.
step 5. render the song
step 6. enjoy

I feel ya....lol but that's like saying lil' jon represents all of mainstream music. Check out underground artists like Pigeon John, Lyrics Born, Brother Ali, Atmosphere, Hieroglyphics, etc. I got Pigeon John's album "And The Summer Time Pool Party". The production is amazing. It's not your average boring underground music. You're like a Christian artist too right? Pigeon John is actually a Christian artist. Check him out you might dig him.

www.myspace.com/pigeonjohn

California said:
step 5. render the song
step 6. enjoy

I agree with most of the things u said but may be making underground hip hop is easier than putting up an alternative pop record but I would prefer the sound of underground hip hop over pop anyday I cant explain y ...anyone can loop a chopped jazz melody and put drums on it but...if it doesn't sound soulful I dont like it be it underground or mainstream

California man, I hate to say this, but you are one of the most ignorant posters I have ever seen on this site... Nearly every post you make is just dripping with incessant stupidity, and it seems like with each one I wonder how it actually managed to be worse than the last...

Ugh.

I'm tired of this ignorance.

I repeatedly stated NOT to post "What happened to *insert threads* style posts!"

Those users will be banned for 4 days.

*sigh*

We Mods got enough on our hands not to mention REAL lifes going on outside of a simple webform.

If a thread is closed or removed keep it moving and find something else to talk about, DON'T add to the fire EVEN though how much you feel that that thread needed to stay.

Because it is the Mods decision that matters in the end concerning cleaning up the forums.

I hope NO ONE honestly thinks that I'm or ANY other of the Moderators are going to look at a *Why* thread and bring a thread back! LOL. Imagine that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back