What is the genre for that 1950's sound? Curren$y, old wiz etc

knowsis

You know, with the saxophones, trumpets and what not. I'm trying to find a sample that fits that description but I don't know where to start.

Have no idea maybe 60's 70's music. Those type of beats make me want to smoke tho lol..

Last edited:
Damn not enough posts to show you all what I'm talkin about. If you go to youtube and look up trademark da skydiver "supervillian" you'll know exactly what sound I'm looking for

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Jus to clarify he's part of curren$y's crew, I'm not tryna spam yall haha

OK, sounds like what we now call middle of the road - look at the jazz singers who were in the billboard 100 from 1948-1959

I'm thinking Mancini. Riddle as the arrangers/writers

Last edited:
OK, sounds like what we now call middle of the road - look at the jazz singers who were in the billboard 100 from 1948-1959

I'm thinking Mancini. Riddle as the arrangers/writers

Appreciate that bandcoach. Is there a reason for the term "middle of the road"? As in middle of the century? Jus curious...

MOR means half way between Jazz/Blues and whatever the young folks are currently listening to - effectively nothing too offensive and nothing too experimental, not on the left side, not on the right side, but right down the middle of the road.

- i.e. today most pop is MOR, but back in the 1950's Rock was definitely not, even though it uses so many elements of country, jazz and blues, it was still alien to adults as it was using lyrics specifically targeted at the teenage experience.

MOR means half way between Jazz/Blues and whatever the young folks are currently listening to - effectively nothing too offensive and nothing too experimental, not on the left side, not on the right side, but right down the middle of the road.

- i.e. today most pop is MOR, but back in the 1950's Rock was definitely not, even though it uses so many elements of country, jazz and blues, it was still alien to adults as it was using lyrics specifically targeted at the teenage experience.

Thanks for the wisdom.

Yeah I believe its like some bebop and mostly 70's jazz you should check out groups like caldura and the crusaders for stuff that sounds like that wiz and curren$y beats

Back