What equipment do Three 6 Mafia use?

B-Side

Whats up FP!

I just wanted to know what equipment three 6 mafia used to produce.
And no, i'm not gonna go out and buy the equipment they have. I just like to know how they make their productions and what equipment they used to make those sounds.

Thanx.

vladb said:
anyone know how they get there 808 snares and claps like that?
if i remember correctly they use the mpc 3k. i dont have the scratch infront of me right now but a lot of their sound is right off that machine. it makes drums sound really crisp its crazy

oo nice thanks x
post_new.gif
21 Minutes Ago
infinitewisdom
user_online.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_47643917", true);

u can by three 6 mafia kit on ebay.....it has almost every sound they use

yeah its easy to do that, but sometimes I like to know the creative process, and how its done, not straight up download/buy a kit where someone has chopped up parts of their songs.

^thats the best way to go. Too many producers look for an easy button in production. Easier isnt always better and just because u can make something similar doesn't always make it the same. I will not say anymore on this subject until after our battle tho lol. I don't wanna shoot myself in the foot

^^^ Yeah man, im still young (17), so im like focusing more on studying the music, then actually making it. Its always good to have some real knowledge under your belt.

yall young dudes got me feelin real old right now lol. Ill be 24 next month. The best thing you can learn as far as choosing gear is use your ears.

It's definitely one of the Roland XP's. I think that DJ Paul and Juicy J have probably had the same set up for a long time. They just layer sh*t like crazy, so everything they do seems new.

that sample cd is garbage...i bought it and there is a couple of snares and hats i liked and thats it...alot of doubles packed in there as well..

Back