What Do You Think Of Oprah's New Church?

Hell does sound like more fun...who wants to spend eternity with a self-rightcheous, hypocritical, genocidal egomaniac anyway?

Shoot, I wish there was a god...then I'd have someone accessible to spit on for all the starving children in the world. But no...he's too busy helping Troup and co. with his beetz to bother with all that jizz. lol

P.Bateman said:
Hell does sound like more fun...who wants to spend eternity with a self-rightcheous, hypocritical, genocidal egomaniac anyway?

Shoot, I wish there was a god...then I'd have someone accessible to spit on for all the starving children in the world. But no...he's too busy helping Troup and co. with his beetz to bother with all that jizz. lol
Dare you speak of God with such tone? You just may end up in the eternal fires if he doesn't forgive you. Well, I can't speak for the all knowing, but I can speak for Jesus... and he STILL loves you. Let him in Bateman... just let him in.

I just watched the video in it's entirety, LOL @ the end... what a bunch of propaganda pushed by Christians. ONE WAY... !!!

disgusting...did anyone ever read the chappelle theory? type it in on google and get back to hear to post your views bout that!

DaOriginalBlade said:
Dare you speak of God with such tone? You just may end up in the eternal fires if he doesn't forgive you. Well, I can't speak for the all knowing, but I can speak for Jesus... and he STILL loves you. Let him in Bateman... just let him in.

To quote a great polymath of our time....Thanks, but I'm hetero.

DaOriginalBlade said:
I just watched the video in it's entirety, LOL @ the end... what a bunch of propaganda pushed by Christians. ONE WAY... !!!

Oh the really long one? Yeah the conjecture/opinion was pretty misguided and lame....but the factoids were pretty cool.

Nothings perfect, lol.

P.Bateman said:
Oh the really long one? Yeah the conjecture/opinion was pretty misguided and lame....but the factoids were pretty cool.
Oh nah, I haven't had the opp to finish that one yet... it's like never ending haha, do you still find it worth watching? I was referring to the video posted in this thread about Oprah's church, the ending of it amused me... time to PRAY.

DaOriginalBlade said:
Oh nah, I haven't had the opp to finish that one yet... it's like never ending haha, do you still find it worth watching? I was referring to the video posted in this thread about Oprah's church, the ending of it amused me... time to PRAY.

Damn B, I forgot all about Oprah...that was all.... like ...3 pages ago, lmao.

Definately still worth watching. Some questionable Christian influence in some of the conjecture towards the end. But not as bad as Alex Jones. So its safe :monkey:

Last edited by a moderator:
P.Bateman said:
Some questionable Christian influence in some of the conjecture towards the end.

I met Jesus once. it was at a bar.

he was drunk and pissed (no pun intended). complained about him being adopted, his dad being an egomaniac and that all he wanted to do is spread some Buddhist teachings he picked up in India, but the mofus just did the opposite of what he said.

his dad is a whole another story. that dude is so self-centered, I spit in his face once after he tried to hit on my girlfriend and all he said was "look, how powerfull I am. I made it rain". what a complete loser he is.

did her church kill hiphop yet? ... no? .. ok i'll come back and check in later.

P.Bateman said:

ouch.... and what have you done for the starving children to remove the blame from yourself? not jumping to any conclusions or anything.. for all i dont know you could be curing aids by day and making beats by night. or you could be blaming God for something that you can choose to change. it's like being mad about bush and not voting because you didnt feel like standing in the poll lines. .... well maybe it's not. i dunno. carry on. nothing personal.

Last edited:
j-traxx said:
did her church kill hiphop yet? ... no? .. ok i'll come back and check in later.

ouch.... and what have you done for the starving children to remove the blame from yourself? not jumping to any conclusions or anything.. for all i dont know you could be curing aids by day and making beats by night. or you could be blaming God for something that you can choose to change. it's like being mad about bush and not voting because you didnt feel like standing in the poll lines. .... well maybe it's not. i dunno. carry on. nothing personal.
how is he gonna get out of this one ? you pretty much got em' (unless he is curing aids that is)

j-traxx said:

it's not about Mr.Invisible aka Mr.Amun aka Mr.Praise Me.

the whole argument is not about Mr.Invisible, but about the organizations started in his name and the followers thereof. nothing wrong with not curing AIDS. cause we didn't start it. it was Mr.Perfect.

what is more important than "immanentizing the eschaton" (creating heaven on earth, Utopia, Arcadia, call it whatever you want), is to not cause MORE pain while you are here. helping others on their own journey is a plus.

but Christianity and its organisations were always about destruction and mind control.

Mr.Invisible is a special fella: confused, contradicting himself and always pointing fingers at others.
and as that all-knowing, all-seeing, Supreme Being thing, he's a total failure. and don't get me started on his followers.

JeanLukPigheart said:
I met Jesus once. it was at a bar.

he was drunk and pissed (no pun intended). complained about him being adopted, his dad being an egomaniac and that all he wanted to do is spread some Buddhist teachings he picked up in India, but the mofus just did the opposite of what he said.

his dad is a whole another story. that dude is so self-centered, I spit in his face once after he tried to hit on my girlfriend and all he said was "look, how powerfull I am. I made it rain". what a complete loser he is.

Yeah I met his father once too, while I was out in my Orion powered destroyer hunting for interstellar baobab trees to collect...he was on this little asteroid, claiming to be a king...said he directed the stars, but it looked like he was just commanding them to do what they would do anyway. Strange little fellow. He commanded me to go out and deny his existance and power so he could hide on his asteroid undisturbed. Now I don't know if he is freakishly omnipotent or I have free will. The ancient conundrum...

j-traxx said:

There isn't any blame on me rofl....I'm not the omnipotent one with the power to fix everything. Nor did I start any of it.

I guess she figure it was not cool to go to the one Obama goes
to any more

JeanLukPigheart said:
but Christianity and its organisations were always about destruction and mind control.

Mr.Invisible is a special fella: confused, contradicting himself and always pointing fingers at others.
and as that all-knowing, all-seeing, Supreme Being thing, he's a total failure. and don't get me started on his followers.

the thing that you fail to understand is that at it's core "christianity" is an ideal and a way to live. it causes no harm. it's purpose was to teach selflessness and oneness by example but the failure of people that cant live in harmony with anyone who thinks different than they do is what causes the harm and pain that we know as the history of the religion wars. religion and ideals should never be about laws. it's about discussion of ideals and pushing towards leading by a selfless example. all who claim the banner of christianity and arent doing so discredit and trivialize it's purpose. even if someone disagrees with me religiously i should be fine. i dont have to beat their face in with my bible (yes the same one that was canonized by men in nicea and all that great stuff i already know so shut up about it contradictions blah blah blah) all i have to do is Live the lifestyle that speaks of my beliefs and if that alone strikes up a conversation about my beliefs, then i'll share my thoughts. no penalty from me if you dont agree with me. the histories of religion have had people defending their beliefs with wars and words when theyre words should be used to share what they believe and their lifestyle be what defends their beliefs. .... in this way of looking at it... plenty of "us christians" have been a long way off of what we say we believe and validating ourselves by miracles when our lifestyle should match our Lord. Sacrifice without expectation of reward on earth. .......

but who wants to do that junk........ I'm bout mah PAPER SON!!!!! HOLLA!!!

California said:
the reason you cant find quality movies with a gang of black actors in it is because black people dont like movies like "babel" or "there will be blood" . they want "you got served 4 aka bring it on 3 aka step up 5 aka stomp da yard 2" . how is that white people's fault ? props to black people that can sit down and enjoy a good "Arrested Development" episode . Im latino and see similar issues but not as deep

I found this very racist.......

I know a lot of black people that like movies you probably wouldn't think we would. I know plenty of black people who liked movies like "Apocalypto" etc that you probably wouldn't think of, just because you're latino doesn't make what you said any less racist or atleast stereotyping. I got a friend who grew up in the hood his whole life and his favorite movies of all time are the "Lord Of The Rings" trilogy.......

j-traxx said:
the thing that you fail to understand is that at it's core "christianity" is an ideal and a way to live. it causes no harm. it's purpose was to teach selflessness and oneness by example but the failure of people that cant live in harmony with anyone who thinks different than they do is what causes the harm and pain that we know as the history of the religion wars.

Its bigger than taking issue with some of the "teachings" of christianity. Sure christianity has SOME good teachings, thats why its been universally accepted for so long...but its whole objective is to turn followers into obedient sheeple, who sacrifice so that the ones in power can prosper.

"The lord is my shepherd, I shall not want..."

If the lord is the shepherd, then who are the sheep? Lets take a look.

The ones who give up 10% of their income annually so that big religious institutions can have millions of dollars at private banks like the one I work at. or as you put it..."sacrifice without expectation of reward on earth"

The ones who vote for people who take them on crusades for oil.

The ones who lynch scientists for finding evidence against church doctrine..Galileo, Darwin, etc.

I could go on and on.

j-traxx said:
all i have to do is Live the lifestyle that speaks of my beliefs and if that alone strikes up a conversation about my beliefs, then i'll share my thoughts.

But if your beliefs are copied from the words of men who raped murdered and stole their way around the planet, and who now tell you to "turn the other cheek" in some book they compiled at a power brokers meeting...doesn't that strike you as a bit....ODD?

These "your beliefs" you speak of...are they really YOUR beliefs? or are they what are told for you to believe in. Not many people who live by themselves out beyond the reach of missionaries would just up and one day come up with the christian belief system on their own...so claiming something as "your beliefs" which are obviously copied and pasted into your brain from a dubious source is *inaccurate* to be polite.

Even if the christian religion was "your belief" in the truest sense of the phrase...the theology itself paints its own Godhead as quite the rabblerouser...raping and pillaging its genocidal path through palestine in the OT...and sadisticlly torturing people for eternity in lakes of fire per the NT.

How brainwashed do you have to be to claim these actions as good by a good being. ???

Its funny that humanists get called "relativists" by christian apologists (who should apologize) when WE are the ones who say brave new things like...oh...i don't know...

Genocide is always evil

Torture is always evil

Even if "God" is the one who carries out such action in his little comic book aka the Bible. Doesn't sound relativist to me. Sounds like Christians are the relativists, making moral exemptions for their God.

God is just "Big Brother" for a pre-technological society. *cue spooky music* "he's allllllwwwwwaaaayyyyyyssss waaaaaatchiiinnnnnnggg youuuuuuuuuu..."

California said:
the reason you cant find quality movies with a gang of black actors in it is because black people dont like movies like "babel" or "there will be blood" . they want "you got served 4 aka bring it on 3 aka step up 5 aka stomp da yard 2" . how is that white people's fault ? props to black people that can sit down and enjoy a good "Arrested Development" episode . Im latino and see similar issues but not as deep

This is a pretty stupid comment. You don't know WHAT black people like. You only know of the black people you know.

Saying what you said is like me saying, "all white people are racist." And you're latino, but you don't see issues as deep??

How about this....every Hispanic I see has a shirt with a spray painted Jesus on it, and wears a gold ring with the virgin Mary on it, or either a necklace version of the same thing. All the Hispanics I see also wear oversized white tees, tattoos, sagging pants, listen to rap, use the word 'n!gga' like its their last name.

Yep, I firmly believe and am 100% positive that EVERY single Hispanic in the United States is exactly what I described above and I bet you're a carbon copy of that as well. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
not commenting on all the other issues, I think what Opera is doing is dopest thing to happen in a while. Whether most people recognize it or not organized religions are an old world philosophy, and in 20 years very few people will still abide by them. It's just when ever anyone does anything like this they always are critisized at first and called blasphemas at first and then they are praised later, because people are too filled with fear to try an open up to somethin like this right now. But if you look closely you will see a trend towards more openmindeness especially in our generation.

Back