What do you think the average IQ of a mainstream rapper is?

So Foolish

I'd say around 85.

Here is a sample of some of those deep, poetic, intelligent lyrics that currently dominate the radio waves:

Tell Me When To Go
Tell Me When To Go
Tell Me When To Go
Tell Me When To Gooo
Dumb, Dumb, Dumb Da Da Dumb

Tell Me When To Go
Tell Me When To Go
Tell Me When To Go
Tell Me When To Gooo

I find the "dumb dumb dumb dumb da da da" part quite ironic because its clear that writer of those lyrics is extraordinarily intelligent.

What lyrics have YOU heard, while listening to the radio in the car, at home or wherever, that made you wish you had some sort of TiVo for radio so that you could instantly rewind live radio to hear the pure AWESOMENESS again?

Last edited:
the average "south" rapper probably somewhere between 80-110 , 110 being the smartest one. new york/chicago rappers 115-135 .californians differ, we got our snoops(125?) and our games(135-145)

you'd be surprised how smart people are they market dumb material to dumb fans i think thats very smart

i think game was or couldve been in the honors(g.a.t.e) program. i was in it so i can make educated guesses on people iq by the way they express themselves, it doenst involve big words, its mostly things like creativity, for example smarter people tend to be funny

145 aint all that tight. i was highly gifted

Last edited by a moderator:
let me read your posts first.. ill be back

this is dumb cus i havent heard enough of you, but from my quick readings of some of your posts i say
if youre 16-20 years old , 123-137
if your 20-25 , 117-130

California said:
let me read your posts first.. ill be back

this is dumb cus i havent heard enough of you, but from my quick readings of some of your posts i say
if youre 16-20 years old , 123-137
if your 20-25 , 117-130
How did you do that :confused:

what i was right?

i could normally guess people THAT I KNOWs i.q by within 2 or 3 points

im 165. i was supposed to go to a magnet school but i refused with all my heart because of all my friends. i regret that decision

Most rappers, the successful ones are probably smarter than they let on. Who do you guys think is the smartest rapper? I'd say Tupac because I when I hear him talking about things I never go "what does he know he's just a rapper."

Sirjaenus said:
Most rappers, the successful ones are probably smarter than they let on. Who do you guys think is the smartest rapper? I'd say Tupac because I when I hear him talking about things I never go "what does he know he's just a rapper."

I agree

Last edited:
Alot of the time rappers reflect on the music they make, but if your thinking in the money side of things uve got to atract all sorts of people no matter what iq enyone has.

F00T said:
E-40 wears glasses...therefore he aint dumb.:)
LOL and the ones in the U & Dat video look freaking retarded

This argument is pointless because how a rapper does on an IQ test may not matter to his intelligence in music anyway.
A guy like Kanye is really smart no matter what his IQ is.
These guys are artists not engineers, IQ doesn't matter, I'm sure if you handed Mozart a very complicated long quadratics problem, sure he might be able to do it as fast as a guy with a 180 IQ(just saying if) but that other dude can't achieve what was considered the perfection of classical music.

As footnote, Will Smith was accepted into M.I.T.

Young Jeezy=mentally retarded

Last edited:
well, that would depend what type of artist...

Talib/Nas/Jay-z
Tupac
Dre/Em/Snoop etc.
Biggy
Diddy
Lil Jon
Franchise Boys
D4L
Snap/Hyphy artists

I dunno, Talib aint mainstream, but ye, that's how I'd rate it.

I'm at like 156, last time I checked was 6th grade, it was 140. six years adds a bit of wisdom.

Back