What do rappers once their career is over?

What do rappers do when the career is done.......HATE ON OTHER RAPPERS!!! Some may ghostwrite (kwame, Big Daddy Kane)

Deranged: Nice post man

-M

The live off of royalties!!!

(that's when you'll be wishing you didn't use samples lol)

Dres from Black Sheep lived on royalties for like ten years before he brought out that new album this year which was like a tiny indie release.

TheVariousArtist said:
Dres from Black Sheep lived on royalties for like ten years before he brought out that new album this year which was like a tiny indie release.
Is that sarcasm? Or do you really not know that story?

TheVariousArtist said:

What about the next 10 years...

So you were only making music for the potential monetary benefits?

... don't you just like being creative and knowing that there a potential chance of getting noticed... and still make music... because you like to?

Last edited by a moderator:
biggrome said:
So you were only making music for the potential monetary benefits?

... don't you just like being creative and knowing that there a potential chance of getting noticed... and still make music... because you like to?

Obviously my music is not the best way to get noticed...I like being creative, I mean im quitting in terms of trying to make it seriously. Yeah im still gonna sit at home and create, but not try to push it further than that.

well T.I., Clipse,rick ross,juelz, have all said theyd just get back on the block, o sell dope

They say that on albums...how sketch would it be to roll up to Ross on the corner and ask for an 8ball...not exactly a incognito type of bruh.

Well i remember reading Consequence... (q-Tip's Cuz) was doing some warehouse job and cats would say "aint you the dude in the ATCQ video" and he would be like naw... He kept writing and now he's with Kanye good music payroll..

I make more money selling music than most major artists ever will.
which seriously, ain't hard to do, UNLESS you do it for "Hookers, Bling & Blow" and try to sell that image too.
but I'm not an artist, so I don't have to play the Big Pretender and to sell an image.......I can't afford to buy.

Back