What direction do you think mainstream music will take in 2012?

That's what's coming though, lol. People will pretend to like it just to be in the in crowd.

... and you know... some of these artists are getting that Jay Z pass - whatever they put out HAS TO BE tight... just because of who they are. Like they're some musical geniuses and if you don't get it... YOU'RE THE WACK ONE.

It's the same thing that happened with skinny jeans - Dumbest ish ever but it got through thanks to supporters like Lil Wayne and Chris Brown.

So if you make solid beats and studied all of that theory... I sure hate if for you.

The best thing I can suggest is to make a 4/4 pattern with decent drums... and make the rest of the beat with your eyes closed. Instant Hit.

Kids are growing up on this... I made a thread that told everybody ish would change due to the influence that's out now. When people gave that 6 FOOT 7 song a pass, I knew it was a free for all.

Hip Hop is going to the psychedelic - mushroom days like Rock n Roll used to be, lol. People without coherent thoughts will make the most marketable music because everybody else will be blowed out too.
She took it too far wit that shyt though lol look at the dislikes vs likes. If your going the parody rap route at least be funny, entertaining, or on some its so bad its good ish which usually equals funny and entertaining. This is just horrible though smh...

Last edited:
Looking back at last year it's clear that electronic, house and even dubstep heavily influenced mainstrem music. There are a few exceptions but the majority of comercial artists have followed the same trend.

What direction do you think 2012 will take or do you think it will be much more of the same?

1 bass drum, bass, 1 synth, explicit lyrics

That is the future. >>>Tyga<<<

Hip hop will continue its journey into more synthy, electro, poppish sounds mixed with "trap" elements.

Dubstep is so wack what in the world is the hype on it. Almost every dubstep producer sounds the same.

Dubstep will be the next disco.

Wob Wob Wob Wob.

I should have jumped on that bandwagon early with my production though, all those early adopters are loaded and making crazy show money.

I hated dubstep the first time I heard it. But as I listen to it more, I'm starting to like it.

And I fux with 6 foot 7 foot but got damn that Stupid Hoe song is just terrible. It's like Big Sean's ass song got ****ed up on acid then ran into a subway train before being burned to death by an exploding supernova.

Last edited:
What direction do you think mainstream music will take in 2012?

i guess it depends on what direction i feel like taking it that week...

"Mainstream" at this point is beyond saving it's gone 99% full garbage and that goes for music outside of hiphop people are fed up across all genre's and it's good. Enough with the bullshit . It's going to come to a point where it will continue to fall further and further and radio will end up closing shop unless something drastic happens. Commercial radio is in trouble as it is already. It's all their fault too.

Last edited:
The 90's are coming back

The 90's are coming back! The proof is below.

Nikki Minaj - Superbass - total 90's Salt & Pepa beat

J. Cole - Workout - Sounds like a simple early 90's west coast beat

LMAFO - The biggest proof, there songs totally sound like 90's dance music! Drrrrrrooooop.

The 90's are coming back! The proof is below.

Nikki Minaj - Superbass - total 90's Salt & Pepa beat

J. Cole - Workout - Sounds like a simple early 90's west coast beat

LMAFO - The biggest proof, there songs totally sound like 90's dance music! Drrrrrrooooop.

just need the next pac now lol

I hope more people will start using real instruments (Bass, guitar, drums, etc...) as the main part of the instrumental.

Listen to Black Milk then. His beats are killer. But the beats are so good and they are mostly live drums. Not sure about the other instruments though. Black Milk - Give the Drummer Some

Trap Music will break into pop and overthrow Dubstep as the next big genre of influence

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Oh yeah and mainstream music will go in the direction of The Weeknd in 2012

It seems that the only genre that has energy and room for growth is dubstep/electro and its derivatives. There's so many interesting rhythms and sound textures that are being developed and most importantly they are new to the general casual listening populace. It's also Probably a function of its mainstream newness and the other genres' (rock, metal, hip hop, pop, r&b) "maturity".

In 2012 I predict Pop music will mix with Trap music, that will be the new RnB and we will hear more dubstep flirting with hip hop and pop.When I see Snoop on katy Perry's track and also on a David Guetta's beat, I understand Hip hop as we all did know once will be know more. Hip hop is no more strong enough to be appreciated as itself..Hip hop artist will have to put some electro-pop flava on it to have a radio play = Money (royalties)

More Rihanna finding love in hopeless places...

More Usher with a DJ having him falling in love...

More Pitbull rave music...

More Flo-rida black guy / foreign white girl on the hook collabo's...

Real emcee's are going to come back but they won't rap on traditional rap beats, all of the vsti's that have super off the wall sounds and weird drum patterns will be their backdrop...

Hate to say it but Rich Forever put a nail in the coffin of Trap Music... that was so horrible, I can't stomach another Trap song. Ross helped elevate it and he also helped to kill it. He's known for over-consumption.

Last edited:
Trap Music will break into pop and overthrow Dubstep as the next big genre of influence

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Oh yeah and mainstream music will go in the direction of The Weeknd in 2012

?? I hope to hell not.

The more I hear about music in 2012, the more I want to quit listening to music! But I'd actually be happy to hear more trap music.

To the people that are saying Stupid H! is dumb, stupid, lame, etc., I pose the following question? What tracks have you placed with platinum recording artists? I heard one of the best producers of all time say that if you're a producer that only wants to make beats that YOU like, then you won't be in this business long. Simple as that.

To the people that are saying Stupid H! is dumb, stupid, lame, etc., I pose the following question? What tracks have you placed with platinum recording artists? I heard one of the best producers of all time say that if you're a producer that only wants to make beats that YOU like, then you won't be in this business long. Simple as that.

That is any business. I think the thing is though you need to know what it is you want to do. There are people who only do one kind of music and stay in the industry (look at 9th wonder for example) you just better be sure its quality material. Dj Premier hasn't changed his style in over 20 years and is still going strong. Marsha Ambrosious has been making the same kind of music for 10 years and is still going strong. Jill Scott and Alicia Keys also.

shit like this with people singing and rapping.

By next year if you don't know how to make a dope ass drop........you are assed out....straight up. Because ever song is going to have one. And your song is going to suck because the drop sucks.

Last edited:
Back