What Am I Doing Wrong..

Propel

Hey
I have had my soundclick up for about 6 months
and have had had my VIP account up for about 2 weeks now.
i know its still early, but what i am i doing wrong
because i havnt got one email reply or anything.
I Think my Beats are Tight frosure, alot of underground kats would Love them. st8 up, I rap and Im going to definetly use some of them for my next album.
Check Out my Page.

Please FeedBack.
Thanx

soundclick.com/1.99beats

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Thx for the FeedBack Guys!!

What the **** is up with those soundclick dudes lately.

SHIT AIN'T COMMIN OVERNIGHT.
You gotta be patient with this stuff.

Seriously go rob a bank if you want fast money.

Shut up,

Dont have nothin good to say , dont say it.

and my real question is

is soundclick all just about gangsta beats
cuz thats what it seems like.
It Seems like all the Dudes makin gangsta beats
are doing aiite, but the kats
with more of a underground sound
seem to be stugglin more.

u know what i meen..

Words like "cheapest" when referring to your music doesn't help your cause...

-Of or considered of small value
-
Of poor quality; inferior
-Worthy of no respect; vulgar or contemptible
-Stingy; miserly.
You have a VIP account, but you're still using the SoundClick templates. And your graphics are not very good.

Compare your page & music to anyone in the Top 100 and you'll have your answer.

Last edited:
soundclick.com/1.99beats

Are you kiddin me?

What the **** is up with those soundclick dudes lately.

SHIT AIN'T COMMIN OVERNIGHT.
You gotta be patient with this stuff.

Seriously go rob a bank if you want fast money.

Really, the possible potential to make money (with "relatively" same input or time investment) is probably a lot bigger in many other areas.

Really, the possible potential to make money (with "relatively" same input or time investment) is probably a lot bigger in many other areas.

This is so true...

You want money? Get a job and do this music thing in your spare time till you hit it.

But until then...there is no logical reason you would go all in on the music thing if you can't generate any income.

Thanx WHP
I appreciate your feedback. :)

I Just Saw "the top selling instumentals" on SC and its this dude leasing beats for 1.99, n i thought it was a good idea.

I am just looking for a direction to go in, to have a solid base.

And i Know i Need graphics, im going to get some professional done
in a few days but i dont no what direction to go first.

Will Graphics legitly Help me..

Any feedback would be great.

And BTW Are There any Tips or Trick to SC that would help me out..

**** all the graphics and that pretty shit. LOL your music is meh. No edge. Painfully generic. Where is your style? Try tagging your beats with
Great-Value-store-logo-design.jpg

the logo seems to work when comparing name brands...*kanye shrug*

Also theres Millions of people on soundclick everyday.

I get about 100 pages views a day and thats not alot at all.
say 1 in 10 people like 1 of my beats and gets it for $2
thats $20 a day, $600 a month.

Obviously it sounds bum, and i am gonna not do this anymore.

buts its not like theres no money in 2 dollars beats.

Btw What do you guys actully think of my beats...
cuz obviously spoke my mind dont like em.

Last edited:
1 in 10 people buying your music is a pipe-dream. Most guys on SoundClick get around 1 in (500-2000) people buying their music. And that's with a professional page, easy-to-use buying process, above-average music, etc.

I know 1 in 10 is a pipe dream
but if there only 2 dollars a lease,
not $30
people can lease an ablum for $40.

U even say yourself, People on soundclick are lookin for mcdonalds or Bk, they didnt come to a steakhouse.

But i do respect what you say.

Ill just get some professional graphics, promote, and stay pationent.
Do you think my Music is Good enough..

If you want a solid base for underground beats, communicate with some local artists, get involved on a street level.

Your beats sound pretty good but they aren't that loud and your graphics aren't all cool looking.

The top producers aren't better than you, they just have really loud, in your face beats, trying to do the whole dr dre turns spice girls, pop sound.

The style feels a bit like wallpaper.

Maybe if you had Canibus on the first track...

It's not impossible. ;)

Btw What do you guys actully think of my beats...
cuz obviously spoke my mind dont like em.

I think you need to work on your sound selection, drums, and finishing touches. I think you are naive, you heard soundclick is where the money is and you are trying to undercut everyone else in hopes of making a name for yourself. You mentioned soundclick is like fastfood, not a steakhouse, which is true. However, if mcdonalds is selling double quarter pounders and propel's cheap eats shack is selling moldy ham sandwiches out the back of an RV it doesnt matter what your price point is you're not going to sell shit. It is a misconception that rappers who go to soundclick buy the cheapest beats they can find, they arent retarded, they can still understand quality.

take it as hate if you want, im not saying im the best on SC, but I'm just showing you what i have observed over my 6 months on soundclick.

I saw that price and this popped into my head... (minus a 9..... 9..... 9)

If you want a solid base for underground beats, communicate with some local artists, get involved on a street level.

Your beats sound pretty good but they aren't that loud and your graphics aren't all cool looking.

The top producers aren't better than you, they just have really loud, in your face beats, trying to do the whole dr dre turns spice girls, pop sound.

The style feels a bit like wallpaper.

Maybe if you had Canibus on the first track...

It's not impossible. ;)

Ill definitely Look into that and try n find a local base, forsure.
And Thanx
Atleast someone sees something in me n my music.

And Canibus Would be a dream.lol
Hed rip my Beats to shreads, like every beat hes on. haha

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

I You mentioned soundclick is like fastfood, not a steakhouse, which is true. However, if mcdonalds is selling double quarter pounders and propel's cheap eats shack is selling moldy ham sandwiches out the back of an RV it doesnt matter what your price point is you're not going to sell shit. It is a misconception that rappers who go to soundclick buy the cheapest beats they can find, they arent retarded, they can still understand quality.

Im NOT RETARDED ether.
I am a rapper, and was tierd of all the garbage gangsta pop beats
on SC, and started makin beats.
And MOLDY HAM SANDWICHES, Hahaha:rofl:
If so, What music you listen to...

im not sayin there the best,
but if half of the beats on SC are 1/4 pounders
your crazy to think my beats a moldy ham sandwiches.

Also..

.........McDonald's doesn't sell alot of burgers because their burgers are the best........

They sell alot of burgers because ________________ .

Finish that sentence and you will have answered your question.

Propel, I just basically checked out your whole page.

First and foremost: you do not want to name/title your page "1.99 beats" - it makes you sound cheap, it does not imply any "branding", makes you come off generic and no-name. Even when you really are leasing for 1.99.

Get a name and preferably a logo and use them. That "dope" symbol is really nice and would work absolutely - if it is yours. Anything is better than "1.99 beats".

Do not use that font, choose something more solid and more "general" for ease of reading.

While clicking on "Leasing Rights/Excluse Rights" image it links to http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e109/rightrhymes/?action=view&current=LEnew199.jpg. Do not let it do this.

Now for the music:
Basically listening to tracks from 1-6 I was not impressed at all. These are the first songs and probably the only songs most of your listeners will ever hear.

Obviously this "Jeezy" sort of thing is not your forte at all, don't do it because it's the "mandatory" thing to do on SC.

Roughly speaking get rid of the rest of the songs and leave these:
07 Battle Of The Ages
08 Dooms Day - !!
10 Code of the Area
11 Nothing but A Weed Thang
13 Carribean Shootout
14 Best of Times
15 All I Ask
17 Doctor Dope
18 Lay It Down
21 Crazy World - !!
24 Lovin' U - !!
30 Oh Girl - !!

And bring the songs marked with !! to the front and ""pimp the shit outta them", because they're actually good.

No generally about the beats:
- don't make intros half a minute long before the drums drop, get to the good part as fast as possible (10. sec wait maximum) - unless it works really good
- don't put up absolute crap (that you know it is) even for free, it will dilute the value of everything else
- make sure all the beats have even levels (no quieter beats)

Now if you have done all this then just watch the money pile up.

Basically your beats vary in quality a lot and some of them truly suck. You do not want to have people listen to them. Some have big mixing problems.

All the best.

Propel, I just basically checked out your whole page.

First and foremost: you do not want to name/title your page "1.99 beats" - it makes you sound cheap, it does not imply any "branding", makes you come off generic and no-name. Even when you really are leasing for 1.99.

Get a name and preferably a logo and use them. That "dope" symbol is really nice and would work absolutely - if it is yours. Anything is better than "1.99 beats".

Do not use that font, choose something more solid and more "general" for ease of reading.

While clicking on "Leasing Rights/Excluse Rights" image it links to http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e109/rightrhymes/?action=view&current=LEnew199.jpg. Do not let it do this.

Now for the music:
Basically listening to tracks from 1-6 I was not impressed at all. These are the first songs and probably the only songs most of your listeners will ever hear.

Obviously this "Jeezy" sort of thing is not your forte at all, don't do it because it's the "mandatory" thing to do on SC.

Roughly speaking get rid of the rest of the songs and leave these:
07 Battle Of The Ages
08 Dooms Day - !!
10 Code of the Area
11 Nothing but A Weed Thang
13 Carribean Shootout
14 Best of Times
15 All I Ask
17 Doctor Dope
18 Lay It Down
21 Crazy World - !!
24 Lovin' U - !!
30 Oh Girl - !!

And bring the songs marked with !! to the front and ""pimp the shit outta them", because they're actually good.

No generally about the beats:
- don't make intros half a minute long before the drums drop, get to the good part as fast as possible (10. sec wait maximum) - unless it works really good
- don't put up absolute crap (that you know it is) even for free, it will dilute the value of everything else
- make sure all the beats have even levels (no quieter beats)

Now if you have done all this then just watch the money pile up.

Basically your beats vary in quality a lot and some of them truly suck. You do not want to have people listen to them. Some have big mixing problems.

All the best.

this is what a response looks like.."N'' :carnageFP:

Back