Watch The Throne

I feel like I should smoke a pound of weed to like the album. Not saying it's so bad that if someone else played it in my presence that I'd tell them to turn the bullshit off.

Murder to excelllence inspires me to crush a mean sample beat with dirty ass drums. The whole album's beats got me feelin all stale over here, lol.

I remember when FP'ers told me the kicks I was using back in 2008 were wack...the same kick that Hit Boy used in Niggaz In Paris.

Shows you what FP knows.

Jay just can't relate to people anymore...he's a 50 year old billonaire talking about murking people. He could feed me that shit all day long on Reasonable Doubt...but 20 years later? Hell no...

Kanye...he's like one of those fighters that have potential out the world but average 8 points a game on the Clippers...it frustrates me. It seems like he is just trying so hard...all of his punchlines are stretched longer than Charlie Sheen's last 8ball (Ha! That is how a wordsmith does it Mr. Ye !!) He's like..."I move weight like a trailer once it's attached to the ball hitch on a truck" He needs to go back to being witty...it's like Big Sean writes all of his shit now

If you would have told me 10 years ago that Jay, Kanye, and Beyonce were all gonna be doing a song together I would have been the first in line at the mall....but now? They're all just weird...Beyonce is kinda having the same problem reconnecting with her audience as Jay is...who the hell would have thought Kelly Rowland would ever be killing Beyonce in the streets and a hotter album

It's like I'm watching Evander Holyfield or Roy Jones Jr taking another new fight...just hang it up Champ(s)

A majority of the crowd only liking 2-3 songs on a Jay n Kanye collab is just inexcusable...they musta had a bunch of yes-men in Australia

On the positive though...Mike Dean and the other engineers killed it !! The vocals are so good to be recorded in a living room !!

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

I remember when FP'ers told me the kicks I was using back in 2008 were wack...the same kick that Hit Boy used in Niggaz In Paris.

Shows you what FP knows.

Lol did you use it in a catchy beat ? But I feel ya all you get from around this place is a bunch of uneducated opinions...theres some gems of people on here tho !

yea i didnt realy like Niggas in Paris ether exept it made me lol so hard when kanye said

Doctors say I’m the illest, ’cause I’m sufferin’ from realness
Got my niggas in Paris, and they goin’ gorillas (Hunh?) (I don’t even know what that means!)
(No one knows what it means)
(But it’s provocative)
(No, it’s not)
(Gets the people goin’)

pause.jpg

Mike Dean really outdid himself this time around, the production quality on this album is amazing. Excellent arrangements, instrumentation, dynamics, and great mixing.

I've heard nothing positive about this album. Really not even interested in peeping. probably check it out in a few years. Jay-Z is the last person I would get excited over an album from. He has nothing to bring to the table.

damn. I just like Jay Z then again hes my favorite rapper and has been for a long time. I am sad that Kanye murdered him on every track though. And the Blueprint 3 was terrible too it made me really upset. Oh well American gangster was still great

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Shows you what FP knows.

how many of those cats are still around here? lol FP moves in waves and there are really only maybe 5 to 10 cats who have stuck around for a really long time.

damn. I just like Jay Z then again hes my favorite rapper and has been for a long time. I am sad that Kanye murdered him on every track though. And the Blueprint 3 was terrible too it made me really upset. Oh well American gangster was still great

o_O I admit Jay came generic as usual...but did Kanye really impress you that much ??? I know he got a lot more audio time on the album but it was kind of like getting to spend more time in the principal's office (IMO of course...)

"I’m fresher than you all, so I don’t have to pause
all of y’all can suck my balls through my draws" lol

co sign except jay killed that last song and ye was barely on it

I feel like I'm opposite world while reading this shit.

How many people think Kanye went harder than Jay?

9.5/10

Kanye's music/vision is really really good these days. (it always has been though)

Glad to see Mike Dean finally getting the respect/recognition he's deserved since the 90's.

I've liked J for certain songs but his complete albums have never been on par with anything from Nas to me.

I've liked J for certain songs but his complete albums have never been on par with anything from Nas to me.

I totally respect your opinion and you can certainly throw Illmatic in the discussion when it comes to greatest rap albums ever...but he went straight downhill from there... (IMO of course...)
With Jay you have Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint (two 10/10) albums and until the last 5 years has been real consistent...

I guess what I'm wondering is do you think Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint are 5 mic albums??

wow really Nas has been the least consistent out of anyone who you could potentially mention as one of the greatest ever. hes got ilmatic (one of the greatest albums ever) and stillmatic was alright but thats about it

surprised no one's mentioned "New Day" yet. RZA is clutch on the production tip and it's deeper lyrically than the "i am rich and it is very cool" rhymes

Just for the record, 9th Wonder does NOT approve. Allright men, carry on.

let's not get it twisted

9th Wonder:
I just checked it out.#WTT. WTT as a whole is not for me. I can rock with “New Day” & “The Joy”. I understand expansion/experimentation in music, but its not for me. It has nothing to do with samples vs. keys, cause I ROCKS with The Neptunes, Swizz, etc.
As a musician/beatmaker/active participant in hip-hop, I want to be SCARED when I hear something, like when I heard Aquemini. It has nothing to with the STYLE of rap, subject matter, NOTHING. Its the FEELING for me. U can KILL 50 people in a song as long as it bangs.

I said ” the joint wasn’t for ME”, reading is fundamental. I think I expressed my opinions very eloquently. Different time, different generation. Errybody says IM angry. Who’s more angry, ME or THEM? *Turns on Section 80*.

Back