Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video of B. Micael Cox Making a Track

Thanks

Video of B. Micael Cox Making a Track

Sign in to disable this ad
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9620748

This is actually from a couple of nights ago, but he goes in on it. Real smooth track. It's inspiring to me watch how the pros create.

Side note: Does anyone know what the name of that sound is at the 28:00 minute mark or what vst that comes from? Cause I've been searching for that for the looonnnggeesssttt......

Thanks
    Thanks for the vid, B Cox is a huge inspiration to me too. He's got tons of these vids on youtube if you havent seen em yet, check em out.

I didnt get to the 28 min mark, but he said at the beginning he's using some new absynth soft synth.
    Last edited by k81; 09-19-2010 at 08:49 AM.

Thanks
    Dude is cold
    Production Credits: E! Television (True Hollywood Story/TV Specials/Untold Story of Jason Derulo), Syfy (Insane or Inspired), A List Listings www.DesmondA.com

Thanks

Thanks
    checking it out now

Thanks
    I 2nd what Cee major said. I have been lookin for that stinkin sound as well for the longest time

Thanks
    took a break to watch football, but just got to 28 min, and imo that sound is just a simple sine wave I think. It sounds like it was detuned maybe a lil bit, but could just be the pitch bending he's doing. Its what hes doing w/ the joystick thats giving it that vibrato sound, which is all in the wrist, not the sound. Just get any smooth type r&b lead sine wave and practice using the mod wheel/joystick, and maybe pitch it down a fraction of step beforehand too.

Thanks
    its not just a pitch bend. pitch bend with tha joystick can be done to anylead. its very misleading but if u pay care attention its actually an actual preset sound or the way its tweaked that gives that impression. then he just adds that pitch bend to give it more twist to his melodic lines. i just wanna kno wthcek it is

Thanks
    Sup guys. Yep B Cox doin his thing as usual. He does these streams quite often so stay tuned if you guys wanna see him do his thing.

As far as the 28 mark...its a Sine wave. If you pay close attention you can see that he does two maneuvers on the joystick...theres a down motion(pitch bending down into the chord), then the left to right motion which creates the vibrato. No tweaking of the actual preset or anything like that, its just a simple sine wave and a skilled keyboardist.

If its not two maneuvers then it simply a smooth bend and then a quick/rapid bend for the vibrato effect...but its all in the joystick
    Last edited by Fide; 09-19-2010 at 03:28 PM.
    http://fideprod.com - HOT BEATS AND INSTRUMENTALS
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @FIDEPROD

Thanks
    Yeah it does seem like it's just a sine wave.. He plays it for a while before recording and isn't using the pitch bend. When he's not using the pitch bend it just seems like a solid sound - no bends or vibrato.

Thread Information