Very Few People Can Lace a R&B Track Like This. . .

kyng

Shutup and just do it. .
Marsha Ambrosius "Lose Myself"

Pretty old song but Canei killed it. . .

The organs, the strings, the 808's. . .

People saying they are tired of 808's. . .how can you be tired when you aren't trying to change anything. . .

THIS is how 808's should be used:

Last edited:
I know right. . .I wish he would have released this when that guy made that last thread about people using 808s too much. . .

Love the music. Vocals? Nah. Not saying I don't like Marsha's voice, just not on a few songs.

Last edited:
The individual instrumentation in this is really nice. I wonder if he's still producing all ITB. Either way, let's go Team Logic.

Great song, not taking anything from it, but it just sounds like generic RnB to me. I was waiting for an epic bridge(i own this album, but never analyzed this song). Just bringing in a guitarist could've added so many elements to this.

Sounds like an in house studio budget session. Again, not taking anything from it, GREAT SONG, but if we're talking epic RnB I can give you lists of stuff that shines over this from the mix to arrangement to instrumentation to breakdowns. I think the vocals give the impression more was done than what was. if someone rapped over that same beat i doubt it would be as impacting. Alot of it was repeditive and lacked small changeups and introductions of sounds for impact a finalized RnB song should have to add that soulful element IMO. That's not even the "producer's" job as much as it is the mixing engineer's and writer's IMO. They're the ones that should've been thinking about drops, guitar licks, underlying strings in certain places that could've made that an epic track. Also could've brought alot of stuff to the forfront, I think that organ would've been awesome if turned up just a notch.

AGAIN NOT TAKING NOTHING FROM IT, GREAT TRACK. The producer didn't drop the ball at all. But just a few guitar licks better spread in the mix so sounds came out clearer and sequencing could've made this amazing. In no way am I saying I coulda done better producing. I coulda took those mix sessions and made a better finished track after a few phonecalls though.

But when i think of great RnB instrumentation, I think of stuff like...

Adele's 21 Album
Heather Headley - He Is
John Legend - Make Room
Amy Winehouse's Back To Black Album
Montell Jordan - Get it on tonight
Pink - Stop Falling
Maxwell - Bad Habits
Trey Songz - Last Time
Alicia Keys - Why Do i Feel So Sad
Lina - Peace and Love
Kelly Clarkson - Because of You

Nothing wrong with less intricate Rnb, I love tons of simpler RnB songs(ex. Melanie Fiona's "Give it to me right...but they still brought in a guitarist or Keri hilson's "Knock You Down"), just expected more from the thread title.

Last edited:
Great song, not taking anything from it, but it just sounds like generic RnB to me. I was waiting for an epic bridge(i own this album, but never analyzed this song). Just bringing in a guitarist could've added so many elements to this.

Sounds like an in house studio budget session. Again, not taking anything from it, GREAT SONG, but if we're talking epic RnB I can give you lists of stuff that shines over this from the mix to arrangement to instrumentation to breakdowns. I think the vocals give the impression more was done than what was. if someone rapped over that same beat i doubt it would be as impacting. Alot of it was repeditive and lacked small changeups and introductions of sounds for impact a finalized RnB song should have to add that soulful element IMO. That's not even the "producer's" job as much as it is the mixing engineer's and writer's IMO. They're the ones that should've been thinking about drops, guitar licks, underlying strings in certain places that could've made that an epic track. Also could've brought alot of stuff to the forfront, I think that organ would've been awesome if turned up just a notch.

AGAIN NOT TAKING NOTHING FROM IT, GREAT TRACK. The producer didn't drop the ball at all. But just a few guitar licks better spread in the mix so sounds came out clearer and sequencing could've made this amazing. In no way am I saying I coulda done better producing. I coulda took those mix sessions and made a better finished track after a few phonecalls though.

But when i think of great RnB instrumentation, I think of stuff like...

Adele's 21 Album
Heather Headley - He Is
John Legend - Make Room
Amy Winehouse's Back To Black Album
Montell Jordan - Get it on tonight
Pink - Stop Falling
Maxwell - Bad Habits
Trey Songz - Last Time
Alicia Keys - Why Do i Feel So Sad
Lina - Peace and Love
Kelly Clarkson - Because of You

Nothing wrong with less intricate Rnb, I love tons of simpler RnB songs(ex. Melanie Fiona's "Give it to me right...but they still brought in a guitarist or Keri hilson's "Knock You Down"), just expected more from the thread title.

I was thinking from a BEAT MAKER's POV. . .You know. . the dude chillin at the house on his laptop. Canei is in ITB producer. . . thats who this thread is catered to.

Now if you want to epic R&B Carvin & Ivan, JJ & Terry Lewis, Dre & Vidal, The Underdogs, Tank. . . yeah I understand but like I said thats now what this thread is for. . .

Gotta disagree with the thread title. it's cool, but it's nothing special to me.

always skipped that record on the album.

^^ IMO, this one was a better cut on the album than the Canei record. CD's been out for a few years now.

Last edited:
Back