Trinidad James Says Atlanta Runs New York...

Who other than Future and 2Chainz is getting spins from ATL right now? And you can't say it's an ATL based sound, the music has evolved too much to still be classified as such.
Mike-Will-Made-It-Featured-Image.jpg

Will soon be gettin heavy spins if not right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7mQcpVMxM4

Killing radio.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzO4zqWQLvY

Still heavy and his other bout to get heavy to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KKbdErJkiY

:cheers:

Last edited:
^^^Didn't know Mike Will was from ATL. Fair enough. So 3 people out of ATL can be considered "on top" right now. They share that spot with everyone from Kanye to Drake to Kendrick to J. Cole, ect.

Everyone else you listed is the equivalent of me saying the West is on Top and mentioning guys like Problem and Earl Sweatshirt, or saying NYC is on top mentioning Ferg and A$ap Mob. Chi and mentioning GBE/OTF.

To clarify, I wasn't talking regional spins, urban radio spins, I meant impactive enough to say YOU ARE THE FORGING SOUND OF HIP HOP.

If I was jaded by what local radio plays, I'd think Pusha T was the biggest an artist can be right now(I'm in VA).

Last edited:
^^^^^true....

But another point to be made about Atlanta based rappers is the uniqueness of the styles people take from these "unknown artist". While Future introduced a new way of thinking in rap....others follow with their own way "in the city"..........next thing you know it becomes popular and everyone else does it. We can say trap evolved all day but it's not the "music" that is becoming the reason as of now.....but the uniqueness in those artist doing the "same thing in a different way. O.G Bobby Johnson...........Tony Montana...........Hannah Montana.......the same concept but in a different way. The music is just what it is....the world can have the music just as the world had NY's style of music and Cali's style. As this style becomes popular as a trend.....others will be doing the same. More about the "artist now" than the music. And that's why French Montana fails.

2014..................rappers will get no love if they not half way singing their lyrics. NY....you might have some hope if you leave those street lyrics alone...nobody wants to hear that.

Help NY out.......do more of this and welcome to 2014.

South will still run shit, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwvo2PFH_TQ

Welcome to 2014. All of the boring Nickelodeon Award albums made it through 2013.

Last edited:
Atlanta attaches itself greatly to a lot of other southern movements in order to count as "running new York"

top artist for the last few years have been NY cats

(50 cent, nikki minaj)

*sips tea*

Naw Westcoast....I got to get yall too. That grown man music shit only worked for us because we thought like grown folks at a young age. And yall STILL on George Clinton's dick? Them young dudes don't want to hear their great grandpa's music got dammit! Thinking you cool because you didn't quantize your drums so they got that west coast swang. Then the youth see the rest of the world having fun. You still trying to hold on to having the best weed in rap......them youngins on some other shit so that weed smoking music ain't fding them like it did us. High as hell stuck off the groove....they don't give a fuuck about your feel good groove...they want some mollies and shit. So you lose them.
im a westcoast guy but I laughed at this, lol "yall still bragging bout your weed"

Atlanta attaches itself greatly to a lot of other southern movements in order to count as "running new York"

top artist for the last few years have been NY cats

(50 cent, nikki minaj)

*sips tea*

I'm not even defending ATL, but 50? C'mon now, let's be real, he hasn't been relevant in a minute.

Oh I'm not saying 50 is relevant now, im saying the few ny artist that have gotten on got on REAL big as opposed to the plethora of atl artist that got that one and done, you almost have to count a lot of those rappers as a song rather than an artist.

quick someone name me another Trinidad james song besides all gold everything

Also have to add that anyone trying to sound like Future right now is still inadvertently by ting off T-Pain. Not roger trout man because of the rift in time where tuning vocals was not popular. Anyone making trap beats is more than likely doing it because of the popularity Lex Luger and D Rich gave the sound granted, you could only be copying shawty redd, but I doubt it. Again, I'm not saying the south running music right now is a false statement, I'm saying any 1 region of the south whether atl, Mia, Louisiana, tx, ect saying theyre solely responsible for the sound of current hip hop is laughable. Especially when the artist saying it only had a 2 second run on the heels of 2chainz who is still by far the strongest asset you have to boast about on a worldwide scale.

My phones spell check screwed this post royally.

Last edited:
And now what does Trinidad James do after being outright punked by Maino. SMH!

You're Gonna Respect My City: Maino & Trinidad Jones Private Phone Call

A few things wrong about this whole situation:

1. Trinidad James is paranoid, dramatic, and sensitive as hell. He needs to quit with the molly.

2. Maino needs to stop overreacting, its not that serious.

3. Two grown ass men whining over cities that were there before they were born and will still be there when they're gone. They don't own them and this ain't the 90s.

4. If you REALLY want to argue over "Who's hot", the South is gradually bowing out, the West is taking over and the Mid West is starting to rise.

This shit ain't nothing but a big ass cycle.

Also have to add that anyone trying to sound like Future right now is still inadvertently by ting off T-Pain. Not roger trout man because of the rift in time where tuning vocals was not popular.

Future has brought a new way of "thinking" into the songwriting process........it's more than just some T.Pain auto tuning. The style is more upfront than a tool technique T.Pain never gave dancehall artist credit for doing way before him.....OR the Country artist before him. But if autotune is what we got from him....then we even since he really loved "SNAPS" in his music. :cheers:

A few things wrong about this whole situation:

1. Trinidad James is paranoid, dramatic, and sensitive as hell. He needs to quit with the molly.

2. Maino needs to stop overreacting, its not that serious.

3. Two grown ass men whining over cities that were there before they were born and will still be there when they're gone. They don't own them and this ain't the 90s.

4. If you REALLY want to argue over "Who's hot", the South is gradually bowing out, the West is taking over and the Mid West is starting to rise.

This shit ain't nothing but a big ass cycle.

I totally agree about the West and Mid West starting to get some shine in the sun. Lil B, OFWFKTA, Kendrick Lamar, GBE, Tyga, Funk Volume, Tek and the fact that almost any new dance song for hip hop has been coming from the west, not down south. I think we're witnessing a changing of the guard.

I only hear three Westcoast rappers on the radio. One has songs that sound like Southern music. One has a song that has a reggae bounce to it. The other has a song that people think is Jeezy's. And yall know good and well...2 Chainz, Future, K.Kamp, Rich Homie Quan, T.I......is ALL OVER ALL OF YALL STATION. That's my point. You got to stay at our rotational pace. lol! Even Luda is all over your stations right now....GOT DAMN shame...

ATL shit. With features. lol!

Sad thing is that people didn't even know Goodie Mob's album BEEN out.

Listened to Hot 97 the other day. Wow........all I can say man. What a boring radio station. Time for people to retire.....seriously. Throw them dudes the biggest retirement party as soon as possible. THey did their thing. Jordan was smart enough to never look back....sheed...what them old ass dudes got to prove? Not nothing. But I see why yall hate the radio. lmao. I understand now.

Last edited:
I only hear three Westcoast rappers on the radio. One has songs that sound like Southern music. One has a song that has a reggae bounce to it. The other has a song that people think is Jeezy's. And yall know good and well...2 Chainz, Future, K.Kamp, Rich Homie Quan, T.I......is ALL OVER ALL OF YALL STATION. That's my point. You got to stay at our rotational pace. lol!

Sad thing is that people didn't even know Goodie Mob's album BEEN out.

Listened to Hot 97 the other day. Wow........all I can say man. What a boring radio station. Time for people to retire.....seriously. Throw them dudes the biggest retirement party as soon as possible. THey did their thing. Jordan was smart enough to never look back....sheed...what them old ass dudes got to prove? Not nothing.

No reason to just hang it up. No one tells Metallica, KISS, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, or any other singer/ group in other genres to retire. It's that Hip Hop is for the young thing. Hip Hop is music that probably adapts more to the younger generation. It also has become more accessible to make via computer software so that I do get. All stuff we all ready know. I just think cats need to make some good music. Maybe us old heads are just hanging on to our youth by keeping up with the times?

Could a Big Daddy Kane or Rakim make a hit record that would play on today's radio? I mean something with some real chart staying power without the help one of these youngsters?

Could a Big Daddy Kane or Rakim make a hit record that would play on today's radio? I mean something with some real chart staying power without the help one of these youngsters?

Hell naw they can't. :cheers: That's why LL about to sit his ass down after that last album. Good music....great music...I loved the album......but it's "ME" loving the album. Don't matter how good it sounds. Needs some of that ATL flavor, man....with some features...and less LL rappin. Maybe LL say like 4 lines and the hook be some lines from various old school songs............"CAUSE I AIN'T MEET A MFER WHO COULD DO THAT YET" have that shit all screwed....OMG!!!! Naw....this foo wants EWF and Uncle Charlie on the same song.....just for my old ass. You get what you deserve. Them dudes old enough to be LL's father...I mean GOT DAMN....what was he thinking?

Last edited:
I totally agree about the West and Mid West starting to get some shine in the sun. Lil B, OFWFKTA, Kendrick Lamar, GBE, Tyga, Funk Volume, Tek and the fact that almost any new dance song for hip hop has been coming from the west, not down south. I think we're witnessing a changing of the guard.

Do you actually consider Lil B an artist?

Back