Trap Music Chords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice page, dunno how one could remember all of those chords though! I just play what sounds good.

It's a new breed of Producers that put booksmarts ahead of this. hence this entire thread of losers who study to make sh*t a nikka fresh off the corner with not even a G.E.D. to their name can make by banging on keys...

In the words of Twitter...

#justsayin :cheers:

I agree that all the book smarts and reading isn't necessary just to make beats but it can't hurt. Actually reading up and understanding things has helped me push to the next level sometimes. More often with hardware/software than music theory though.

Knowledge=Power
Theres no shame in studying what you like.
If you love music you study music period even if you just play by ear and eventually get better and even if you just ask questions and use the knowledge later on in your music(Like he did)

I know its kinda late for this topic but nobody said it, it's semitones and switching the key by semitones, semitones are what you need to make the dark sound, that's it. Most people do this w/out knowing what it is and you probably already knew that but was not confident in it

also they are right, I'm sure Zaytoven never knew what the hell he was doing but if he can do it I'm sure anybody can

Last edited:
Lmfao, I CANT belive this shiv, people are breaking dudes balls for trying to LEARN something, god damn yall are some ignorant fvcks..

ur corny as fk for studying trap beats lmao. u study burt bararach, miles davis, prince, quincy jones not no fkin trap beats lmaoooo i can see sum lil pencil neck ass dude with a notebook and pen out studying how to make grimey beats get the fk outta here man. you don't need to study how to make a trap beat smh jus get nexus and some 808s and ur good.

One should study the techniques, methods, stylings, et cetera of any creator they wish to learn from. You dont make original music. Even if you did attempt to, your best tracks will have always sounded better when Metro, Lex Luger, et cetera made them the first time. Go exercise your envy, & quite possibly immense self-loathing, in a youtube comments sections where fans belong. Ill even recommend your first video. Just type in "The Making of A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie's "Drowning" with Jahaan Sweet" & 'study' the burn, that begins in the depths of your stomach, evoked by the knowledge that someone so easily proved that you're undeniably wrong.

If all aspiring composers adopted your mindset there would never be any progress in any genre of music ever again.

Last edited:
One should study the techniques, methods, stylings, et cetera of any creator they wish to learn from. You dont make original music. Even if you did attempt to, your best tracks will have always sounded better when Metro, Lex Luger, et cetera made them the first time. Go exercise your envy, & quite possibly immense self-loathing, in a youtube comments sections where fans belong. Ill even recommend your first video. Just type in "The Making of A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie's "Drowning" with Jahaan Sweet" & 'study' the burn, that begins in the depths of your stomach, evoked by the knowledge that someone so easily proved that you're undeniably wrong.

If all aspiring composers adopted your mindset there would never be any progress in any genre of music ever again.

&, shit, your lack of grammar/acceptance of mediocrity in music, specifically Trap/Hip Hop, lead me to suspect that most, if not all, of your favorite artists wouldnt have careers if not for 'studying' those who were actually innovative & original. They studied every aspect of others hard work so thoroughly that they make easy work of churning out near duplications of the originals.

Its mindsets like yours that is causing the actual innovators & artists to stray from using Nexus or similar plugins at all. So, soon enough it is cookie-cutting, narrow-minded, unlearned amateurs that will be to thank for finally helping certain areas within music get out of the repetitive hole they've been stuck in.

Last edited:
OK bro, welcome to FP, but this is a zombie thread that was in no way needing resurrecting or a new injection of invective and vitriol. Yes, people should study both the basics of music theory in general, and the sounds and techniques of the creators and styles they wish to emulate. NOTHING MORE needs to be said, especially NINE years later.

Thread Locked to prevent further ghost arguments.

GJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back