Total Slaughter Battle Rap Event! (Joe Budden Vs Hollow) (Lux Vs Mook 2)

KOTDFC is trying to change that..
And some of them smack cats are just as corny as some of them kotd cats, real talk 2029.
Im not one for generalizations, but to each their own.

Watch his battle with Chilla Jones and tell me Day ain't got bars.

That was cute. He definitely had a few good lines. I just have higher standards when it comes to wordplay, rhyme structure, and flow. I grew up on a diet of Black thought, Big Pun, Rakim, GZA, Tragedy, Rass Kass etc so this sounds elementary to me, Dalyt still uses that basic rhyme scheme of beginning each line with I, you, he, my. Limited wordplay, vocabulary. it's more than just punchlines that define skills but I think like a 90's Hip Hop baby where it was a different world. Daylt is a master showman that connects with the crowd. I give him that. He's very entertaining. Eliminate the interaction with the crowd and he wouldnt survive. It's not like he can go in the studio and actually rap.(lol) He's an entertainer not a real rapper. I have to keep reminding myself this and hold these battle rappers to lower standards when judging them. That's why most of them can't make the transition to real rappers who actually use music and rhythm & where you have to learn this skill called flow.

Last edited:
Back