Tired of making beats: WE ALL NEED TO READ THIS!!!!

S

Spektor

What are some legitimate ways and jobs that are in the music industry that doesnt neccisarily deal with making music...but that you can actually enjoy doing if youre not going to be a SUPERPRODUCER?

I read other guys thread hit me hard...its a slim chance that u will get spotlight and if u do its all glitz and glamour...........in the end u have to make sure your family stright........I love mkaing music...but its proboly not going to help FEED a family..the COST of sacrificing to get raped by the industry is not a big deal with me...I still would like to do something pertaining to music...but not actually making musc....what is a good start?

Im not the only one in this boat...I know others are.....

you can get in the business side of the music industry..independent or work for a esblisthed label

Go to school. Number 1!!!

You can pick up an instrument. Learn to play it. Find a gig, pick a city. If you can play oldies off the top of you head, you might find a gig real easy. People are always looking for bass players, guitar players, ect. Like looking for a job..(I have no experience myself but know people that did it). A good friend of mine use to play guitar for watever blues artist you can think of. He get fired and hired....it was his job....his problem he say was staying sober and too many women. lol! He still has a sober problem so I can imagine what it was like while touring. Bands are always looking for musicians and a lot of them are on the road or ready to hit the road to making money. Their bass player got drunk and told them to kiss his but, or he was screwing somebody's women, or something.

"Help wanted!!! Need a bass player A.S.A.P!!!! We are currently doing shows across the metro area!!!!"

"Hi. I'm a Jazz/blues singer looking for a band."

To play an instrument is worth something....and you can also use that instrument for your beats too.

Go to school. Number 1!!!

People are going to hold off on that one until the last minute, then they'll do it and their boss will be younger than them and treat them like crap.

... they'll also find out that the longer you take to go... the harder it is to get back into the school mindset.

It's just going to be a necessity, just like HS used to be.

They laid off about 20 people here and then replaced them with college grads and paid the college grads peanuts. They happy as hell though, lol. I see a herd of 'em going to lunch (hormones racing), joining each others sports teams, etc. One even got married already, he's only 23.

Man Stuff...

Last edited:
I have a college Education in Management and Marketing...I have associate degrees in both...really not feeling the finincial toil of continuing my education........what can I do now?

I have a college Education in Management and Marketing...I have associate degrees in both...really not feeling the finincial toil of continuing my education........what can I do now?

You said financial toil... so you have to find a company that will pay for you to go to school or at least pay part of it. You have to check into their benefits package.

If I get above a C- in any class I want to take... the company pays for it. I mentioned those college kids earlier.... you should see 'em! they found that out and they're taking everything under the sun, they're part of every mentoring program available, they're doing it for real.

I think they listen to a lot of Too Short cause they're gettin' it... gettin' it while the gettin' is good. One day they'll all live in Agrestic...

It's kind of weird being on FP and working here, you see two drastically different spectrums... one is where the people are talent based and they're all fighting for a few spots and the other is where the people are education based and they're pretty much trying to make sure that they stack up well against anybody that tries to take their spot. They don't seem as worried as the talent based crowd and they're way more focused then I am. Hell, they just rub off on me but they don't have the other intangibles I have. Most of them are afraid to give presentations, don't know how to present solutions to problems BUT! I know they're smart - they just don't know how to show it. I help them along with little things like making sure they don't hang out with their group too much but hang out with everybody in the dept so they'll get a broader reputation and all that. It's the little stuff you can't teach, that's how I do well. Some of them know alot about this job but they can't really show that to management because they don't have the people skills to. It's as if the talent based people are going to sit around and watch paint dry while the education based people are learning what the new paint products are. Overall, I'll say that the education based people are more optimisitic about the future for some reason. Their journey is harder too, I'd like to email Justin Bieber a beat and be rich in 6 months too. Oh boy would I... Uh Oh! got to respond to this inquiry. Dream over.

Last edited:

if you have AS in those two things you should have no problem getting a job or figuring out what to do other than make music in the music industry. You can do anything you want but as long as your thinking this "I dont want to make beats waaaa waaaa i cant do this its too hard too many people are doing it i just want something handed to me" then thats how its gonna be. Find an artist and market for him since you got two years worth of education in that field. If you market a quality product effectivly it will sell. It takes time. You cant just expect everything overnight but at the same time cant be like oh well i cant expect everything overnight so im just gonna bullshit.

What are some legitimate ways and jobs that are in the music industry that doesnt neccisarily deal with making music...but that you can actually enjoy doing if youre not going to be a SUPERPRODUCER?

I read other guys thread hit me hard...its a slim chance that u will get spotlight and if u do its all glitz and glamour...........in the end u have to make sure your family stright........I love mkaing music...but its proboly not going to help FEED a family..the COST of sacrificing to get raped by the industry is not a big deal with me...I still would like to do something pertaining to music...but not actually making musc....what is a good start?

Im not the only one in this boat...I know others are.....

NO ONE NEEDS TO READ THIS THREAD! You're spreading you're negative bullsh!t to a community of people who have the same dreams as you. Personally, for me it's not a dream it's a GOAL. I can honestly say I hope others aren't in the same boat cause you're all goin down like the Titanic.

for me it's not a dream it's a GOAL.

That's a better way to look at it honestly. It doesn't seem as "cloudy" - no pun.

... and I believe if you have a defined goal instead of some "wish" then the path will be more clear towards reaching that goal.

... there is a lot of gloom going down lately on this forum though, lol. Crazy to see. After reading some of the comments, its like 2012 really is the end of the world for some.

... there is a lot of gloom going down lately on this forum though, lol. Crazy to see. After reading some of the comments, its like 2012 really is the end of the world for some.

Glad im not the only one who noticed. Its all good though im making a concious effort to stay positive. Plus im young so i got time on my side :D

i aint mean to start a whole anti-industry movement with a post

i just meant to give a perspective of somebody who is achieving the goals that some people set, and warning them before they get too wrapped up into it, so they can see other options.

like i said, i aint try to stop nobody from doing nothing, just a side that nobody will tell you honestly

Lol, & they prly believe that BS too..

They've done studies that show that peoples attitudes can actually get into your head... and not just the "old saying" way. Like if you listen to a lot of negativity and you think you are blocking most of it out... they said that part of your brain lets some of the ish creep in, lol.

It was something like this... (so don't even read negative threads or you're setting yourself up)

I don't know if this was it exactly but it said that even if somebody has a bad attitude and they don't say anything to you at all... your brain can sense this and will put you into a defensive mode. Even if it's not like a fight or flight defensive mode.

Stay away from negativity (ESPECIALLY my posts... lol, I keeps it rizzilll ... according to my thoughts at the very moment, normally I change my mind but don't give a damn about changing what I wrote)

Osgood and Tannenbaum's Congruity Theory
One nice feature of Osgood and Tannenbaum’s (1955) Congruity Theory is that it is explicitly oriented to communication and persuasion. Their refinement of Heider treated the Other person (O) as a message Source. The attitude Object is a Concept, and the P in Heider’s balance theory is essentially the audience. They quantified two of the three relationships in Heider’s triad: the degree of liking of the audience for the Source (PO in Heider’s triad) and the audience’s attitude toward the Concept (PX in Heider’s theory). Both of these relationships were represented by a number (1-7) as well as a direction (plus or minus). Thus, Congruity Theory concerns situations in which a Source makes an assertion about a Concept, and the audience has attitudes toward the Source and the Concept. The only relationship that remains the same is that the assertion of the Source about the Concept is either positive (associative) or negative (disassociative). This theory holds that incongruity (like imbalance) is unpleasant and motivates audiences to change their attitudes.

A second improvement is that Congruity Theory offers a formula for predicting the direction and amount of attitude change (those who are interested in the details of the formula should consult the reading list). The main point here is that Congruity Theory proposes a formula that predicts the amount and direction of attitude change based on the audience’s attitude toward the Source and the audience’s attitude toward the Concept.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

i aint mean to start a whole anti-industry movement with a post

i just meant to give a perspective of somebody who is achieving the goals that some people set, and warning them before they get too wrapped up into it, so they can see other options.

like i said, i aint try to stop nobody from doing nothing, just a side that nobody will tell you honestly

Oh, you one of the realest to ever swoop through for these posts since you've been back. Most people are going to take the "I know you wish you was me!" approach.

You probably helped more people than you hurt. Since a lot of us don't have the credentials... we can't say ish about ish and have somebody use their common sense.

I mean if all you hear are complains coming from within the industry about record sales, 360 deals, no promo, etc... I wonder what part of common sense tells a person "I'mma change the game though!"... when their music is not messing with Justice League and their only business savvy is "I'll sue if they get over on me...". Have they heard of all the tax problems or have seen the broke rappers from yesteryear... you don't hear about the producers, lol - they don't even get that luxury.

Uh Oh... I'm being pessimistic. Scratch all of that.

One thing I will say though.... somebody is going to get that music money...

... and with the way technology is advancing, no one should quit just yet, a whole new industry could pop up out of the blue and they might need "beats"... It'll be some internet only channel or some ish or like internet cable with a thousand channels and shows run by independent directors or some ish... everybody that quit... will be ass-ted out.

Last edited:
They've done studies that show that peoples attitudes can actually get into your head... and not just the "old saying" way. Like if you listen to a lot of negativity and you think you are blocking most of it out... they said that part of your brain lets some of the ish creep in, lol.

I know all about that subconscious sh!t. That's why I don't listen to these ignorant mufucas on here. I'm aware, but trust me I don't let this negative sh!t get to me.

yea i never said quit, what i said was be open minded to finding other things that make you happy and make you money while still being able to do music

at the end of the day its about what makes you happy and if youre able to survive, some people are happy in certain situations that others couldnt deal with. Its not my call to judge, only to show both sides of the story

yea i never said quit, what i said was be open minded to finding other things that make you happy and make you money while still being able to do music

at the end of the day its about what makes you happy and if youre able to survive, some people are happy in certain situations that others couldnt deal with. Its not my call to judge, only to show both sides of the story

I commend you for that thread.

You should do like an insider vlog and charge people to see what really goes down...

... show the glitz, the glamour and all of the bad ish too.

Charge people per episode like $5 or something.

Have KRS's song "You Must Learn" playing or something...

too much mystery about everything it seems.

Last edited:
hed be the barry white of this music shit...LOL! (never get busted)

Yeah that was a bad idea, lol

... still, a lot of people would like to really know what's up. That's why I like those 24/7 shows on boxing and ish... they show you "kind of" what those dudes have to deal with. Before those shows, all you saw were the fights. You didn't see Floyd cussing out his Daddy and them almost coming to blows.

Last edited:
Back