Timeless Hip Hop tracks that were Pop Radio Hits

It's true nobody really does believe in beefs anymore. And if an older artist sends a mean track to a younger artist everybody cries that the older artist is being a bully. It gets on my nerves sometimes.

On issues 1 and 3 I can't really agree though. Plenty of substance in Hip Hop out there you just got to find it. Dudes today aren't about to rap about the same issues that they rapped about in the 90's. Also their won't be as many black issues rap because Hip Hop has grew to the point where it isn't just a predominantly black genre anymore.

I can agree to this, but Legal said " If you ever wanna go back". That is why my answer referred to that time period
cause of how he phrased it, but I like your point - better than 901 tried. He just sound foolish.

Last edited:
I can agree to this, but Legal said " If you ever wanna go back". That is why my answer referred to that time period
cause of how he phrased it, but I like your point - better than 901 tried. He just sound foolish.

oh I missed the ever going back part. Yeah that's gone it's not going to go back. Time don't move that way it moves forward. I don't like the way hip hop is (mainstream) right now. So hopefully with my music and my support I can change it to something I do like. To me many artist are way too soft in their convictions.

They say something they believe in and get scared when they catch fall out from it and recant what they say = soft.

If you don't like an artist than you're a hater=soft.

shit gets on my nerves

And to continue on the beef thing with old vs new artist. I take it like how you play sports. Just because you're a nice rookie don't mean your spot on the team is assured. You gonna have to push out that vet to make room. Show you deserve to be there.

Last edited:
3. Speaking about black issues and how white corrupt powers have manipulated the mass thought pattern.
This generation believes in harmony, not separatist speech. - No Public Enemy, BDP or X-clans.

Like Rice...I was also thinking about how people's minds are stuck in the matrix.

This Harmony that the younger generation believes in is an illusion...I'm not saying that there is no such thing as true harmony...but it exists on a plane that they're souls haven't even experienced.

This generation is spiritually bankrupt...so this harmony you speak of is a creation of the matrix.

I blame it mostly on the drugs...whether they be recreational or medicinal...SSRI's have the most power to keep a mind in the matrix.

I think this matrix version of a utopia is what El-P was getting at in one of the coolest bridges I've heard in hip hop track("FULL RETARD")

Where harmony and love rein
No longer do we live in a society bent on it's own destruction
Children of every race, creed, and religion frolic through fields of golden dandelions

(MACHINE GUN FIRE)

bridge is at 2:34

Last edited:
Back