Timbaland Stole "Ugly"???

I wouldn't doubt it. Just look how he stole big pimpn......

...(for the drums or the samples that i might use that i have cleared with the publishing company) then use reason, or whatever software synth i have at that studio, at the time.....add in f/x uploaded from my macintosh i-pod mp3 player....add in various movie,cartoon samples from my .zip library, record(the motif and the rs-7000 sounds) through the

Don't mean to come off as a prick, but a lot of people hang on your every word for advice, including myself. Just be careful what you say. I read this reply from you on another post titled "Shondrae".

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread/threadid/24998

:monkey:

Last edited:
Not saying that it aint true but i find it hard to believe that Timbaland goes around jacking samples and not clearing them and peeps are afraid to sue him?? If Tim was not based in America, i may just believe that but folks, this is in AMERICA! This is the land where lawyers are more crooked than convicted criminals, the land where lawyers can smell money in even the most unimaginable places! I just find it hard to believe that a greedy lawyer somewhere has not taken up a case against Tim in order to make a name (and some big dough) for himself. But then again, i could be wrong.....................

Thanks for the insight. Your first reply at the end of the your paragraph you said "Thats why I don't sample". I know what your tryin to say now. That's why you don't sample...Often.
If the biz is that back stabbin, maybe I should go to law school first, then think about making beats!

:D

Thanks for the insight. Your first reply at the end of the your paragraph you said "Thats why I don't sample". I know what your tryin to say now. That's why you don't sample...Often.
If the biz is that back stabbin, maybe I should go to law school first so I can protect myself from getting shafted, then think about making beats!

:D

wow!

... I had no idea that Tim sample cutted beatz like that... I neva would've thought to that extent. I know that mad producers sample beats and cuts all the time, mix tha sh*t up and put it together to sound like it's something they made up... but never to that degree.. I guess if you can cover it up well, why not? I just can't be samplin' though... I like to make my beatz as original as possible. If I do anything, I try to think of a popular beat, and then make something that might sound similar, but not to sample the actual cuts off of it. But nah... ain't tryin' to sample off of anyone, and then have them try to rape me for royalties or loot... stick to makin' original stuff. Speaking of which, Shondrae, have you had a chance to hear that beat I sent you... I know you're mad buzy and probably didn't even give it a second thought... just let me know tha real though, aiight? I read your other post too, and I didnt' know you did that much work on projects. It'z cool though.. just wanted some insight on my beatz from actual producers so I know a bit more. As far as selling beatz online is concerned, would I have to have my beatz published first through another publisher, then subscribe my stuff to ASCAP, then copyright it, and then post it online? Just wondering the best methods to protect my beatz if I post them online... I wonder now though, just like Unsystematic said, you might just need to go to law school first before doing anything with beats so you don't get shafted. A real shame though. Anyhow, anyone have the best tips for putting beats online to "license for use", holla back.

Genycis (tha NYC is in tha name!)

thats throwdd....i knew he sampled but not 2 that extent....thanx 4 the info

this is my first time posting.....but as someone who samples extensively its no surprise to me to hear he samples like that.....i mean, you can hear it.....well i can......but not clearing it is totally surprising.....

Sampling Is Artistic Rape.!

I only Sample My own Work , Steal Ideas From Previous Tracks I Did.

So sad but true..

this is the nature of the beast. :cry:

This is why I rarely post any material on here. Tim might steal it!!! LOL That might just propel you into the spotlight. NAHH! FOGETABOUTIT!

I have heard of this before about the industy. If its hot and your not rolling wit them(production team)....they will take the idea and make it theirs. They just simply have it like that.

If you started to run out of ideas or needed to switch your style up....what would you do? You wouldn't go and find the next hot producer and sign him....you would take that hot producers track analyze it and make it your own. IT"S CHEAPER! MORE DOLLARS FOR ME TO KEEP!!

The industry is a beast as any industry would be. We just think it's how we want it to be and not how it is in reality.

I admire Shondrae for givin up some behind the scenes info. Hope Tim doesn't find out......$hit I almost forgot hes already made it and could care less.

Straight up....thanks for preparing us for the future..... if you want to take it that far now.

What the estimated release of the DTP project? WAITIN FOR THAT DIRTY FLAVOR AGAIN!! I haven't coped any CD from the store in a minute!

Last edited by a moderator:
Word Up.

I Used to Give Cats Cd's with Beats, let them Borrow it so their friends can hear. But I Snapped Out of it. People on this Board Try to get you to post ur beats sometimes. Dont Do it. My Beats Are like Children to Me. Alot of work goes into em

Man I wouldnt even let you hear one over the Phone.

Olny way a Cat hears my beats is my Home Studio....

MrKasualUltra said:
post em as real media streams.

Ok.. Sure..if i want people to Steal it.

. Save Any Rm file as a TXT file Open it in Notepad and u can see the URL
or get a RM to WAve converter. OR
Hit Record in ur Favorite Wave editor Program while you play the RM file and Save the Darn thing as a Wave file.

Digital media is the easiest thing to steal.

Get out your shell a bit....

mistaox said:
Word Up.

I Used to Give Cats Cd's with Beats, let them Borrow it so their friends can hear. But I Snapped Out of it. People on this Board Try to get you to post ur beats sometimes. Dont Do it. My Beats Are like Children to Me. Alot of work goes into em

Man I wouldnt even let you hear one over the Phone.

Olny way a Cat hears my beats is my Home Studio....

Yo....thats a bit paranoid man.....at least do a poor mans copyright and let someof your music be heard. You have to let your guard down sometimes.

I posted this in the 'Showcase area' for today only Street Legends Compilation- Track 02

I just wanted to showcase a preview of what to come from this independent.

Comments are welcome. Thanks to all.

Get out of my Shell you Say.

I know alot more than average about File Manupulation and software as opposed to the average person. Not that i Know it All.
But the Methods i Listed Are Actually things that i Used to Do. So
Post some of Ur work and Watch it get chopped and spit back in ur face. The Truth Is, that Technology in the Wrong hands can be dangerous.

Dont get me wrong...

I agree wit you....I'm not at all saying that this wil never happen.

I was trying to say that poorman it or at least create a complete song. Someone can steal an idea anytime....its about who comes out with it first and shows the public...if you want to take it to that level. You owe it to yourself if your tracks are really that hot.

How about this....what happens when you want to put something on the radio? Its the same thing. Someone can record it and even try to copy your idea.

All I'm sayin is at least create a buzz around your way or showcase your talent.

Whateva makes you comfortable man.

Tracks are expendable.

I Feel You. I'm Known Arround the Way, Ive Even done a Free Demo or 2. But I will never post a song on the Web, at least not a really hot one.

Back