Timbaland addresses the "Do It" controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
Y'all trying to take away from dudes whole catalog behind this b.s. Before Danjah, King, Hannon, Storch, Feilds, Jimmy, Nottz, this Finland f**ker, when Timbo did everything himself, or even when he was getting pimped by DeVante the same way you feel he pimps people now, no one on could f**k with him. Now he make music for some white folk and he's under a microscope.

Deranged, when did Ringtones or Nelly Furtado turn into essential part of hiphop?
If timbo had done that song into some rap-artist, no one would most likely have noticed. But he did that song for a POP artist. and pop ain't nothing else but money. No one's tryin to take his whole catalog away? i still dig his stuff, whether it's done by storch, danj or him (or anyone else for that matter) . He should just man up and pay tempest for the work tempest has done.

Bad move timbo, you should have had somebody to try and clear the sample. Why would you try and use something when you had no idea where it was from? Thats plain stupid man. Timbo your smarter then that, or are you? BTW, KARMA MOTHA F*CKA.

Last edited:
You can sit there in your computer and type all the "ohh he must have jacked all his other bangaz too"sht you can but at the end of the day this little track doesnt make timbo any less!than he is,'will always be one of the best if not the best producers ever,he is human though!And we could all have done what he's doing in self defence or whatever coz he's more aware of his position than any of us can imagine.So i agree with what deranged said most of us talking cant even make a good beat if we jacked timbo!Am sick of all you dudes acting like this is your excuse to let the world know that timbo isnt good coz its not convincing!Bottom line he made a mistake should he get away with it?NO,does that mean he aint the best?NO,if you sampled the same ish the he did probably the finish dude would have let you get away with it!but ohh no this is the chance to show the world that the best samples him!No problem with him though he's doing what is entitled to him and i would have done it too but it has a bit of salt in it!

NB:dont reply with some dumb sht coz you know 'am in the air i dont hear your ,ninjas' corny raps!"

Last edited:
Ok, de v. What if he had sampled your **** and basically would just say "**** de v, who is he? I'm timbaland, i sample who i want"?

Deranged like I was saying before. I'm not disappointed that he sampled the track. I'm disappointed that when he was caught red handed he's trying to deny it or make it seem ok not to compensate the original artist. I don't clear any of my samples but I'm also not selling the records Timbo does. I'll probably never voluntarily clear samples but if I get caught I get caught and I'll face it like a man. He just seems like he's taking the ***** route. I mean I know Timbo is smarter than he is letting on to be in the clip. I hate when people play dumb. Like "oh I didn't know'...lol You've been doing this how long??? Who is he trying to fool? To me he's trying to fool his fans. Not cool.

^^^ yo. thats the thing. what incentive does tim have for not dealing wit tempest? it aint like the dude is tryna get out of paying a mil or any ****. regular folk aint gonna give a damn if he clears or not. they prolly not entirely in the loop about the **** anyway. the only people that care are the dudes tryna produce that talk about him. he aint got a damn thing to lose by paying up. i figure he got his side of the story as well, but im also a tim fan.

I've been losing respect for Timbo anyway. He used to be just a laid back dude who made incredible beats. His head has gotten bigger and it's sad when I hear him bragging about being the best. Timbo is up there and just might be the best but with others so close to him in the running he should really try to be more modest. He's gotten on some Jay-Z **** lately. If you're the best you don't really have to say it.

Cameron Thomas said:
I've been losing respect for Timbo anyway. He used to be just a laid back dude who made incredible beats. His head has gotten bigger and it's sad when I hear him bragging about being the best. Timbo is up there and just might be the best but with others so close to him in the running he should really try to be more modest. He's gotten on some Jay-Z **** lately. If you're the best you don't really have to say it.
I guess this answered my question..

So yes, the personaility does count when u judge if a producers your fav producer or not. not to say that anything is wrong wit that but that doesnt matter to me.

I hate kayne personaility lol.. but hes still one of my favorite , cause he makes heat.

yeah, something's up mine, y'all the ones gettin' mad that Timbo does what any hip hop producer does. Sample.

All y'all need to stay out of real hip hop's bizness. Nigas sampled and got sued since the beginning of this sh*t. Just another day, and mo' B.S.

Y'all trying to take away from dudes whole catalog behind this b.s. Before Danjah, King, Hannon, Storch, Feilds, Jimmy, Nottz, this Finland f**ker, when Timbo did everything himself, or even when he was getting pimped by DeVante the same way you feel he pimps people now, no one on could f**k with him. Now he make music for some white folk and he's under a microscope.

If Timbo's wrong, hip hops wrong, and for all y'all to pretend it's what you love, it's pretty weak you don't realize that.

Yeah, I said it. Hip hop's an art, I'm tired of y'all millenium hip hop heads deciding 'what's wack" what "does and doesn't take talent". What's wrong and right and making your B.S. hip hop laws.

Just to add on, wasn't it just last week you dudes were going crazy over the way he flipped that Saw Theme in concert? You think he contacted ASCAP to make sure the original composer got performance rights? What about everyone who's ever used a clip from a movie as a song intro? People get f**ked in this business everyday.

i guess you feel like you have to defend the "real producers" from us "future producers" huh?
i know timbo got talent, im sure theres PLENTY of tracks that hes done where he didnt steal the whole song, im saying in THIS thread that he lost a lot of respect from me personally as a man, not a produer, he cant admit what he did, and acts stupid when asked about it....its crazy, you say us millenium hip hop heads deciding whats wack, its called opinions

Oh I mean I can still respect what you create I just might not respect you as much as a person. I can seperate that but yeah if someone is my favorite their personality will probably play a small role. I dig people I relate to. Most people do.

Cameron Thomas said:

Nah...

If Timbo can't brag about being the best.

No one can. Dude is incredible. Started from the bottom at ghost production/co production, breaking in legendary artists and sounds for Hip-Hop, continuously pushing the music beyond what we say can't be done.

And I'm not a Timbo fan by any means. Just not my personal tastes for the most part.

BUT

Funny how heads rag on Tim for saying he's the best. But Muhammad Ali was one of the greatest shyt talkers that ever was.

AND HE BACKED IT UP!

And we are bold enough to say Timbo can't?? Or wait...it's better for him not to for the sake of his music speaking? Hell, Ali's fist spoke also, but best believe he talked shyt. :)

Why? Cause that was him, and he was purely confident in his work.

At any rate still. I'm not going to comment on the debate about the stolen/sampled/or accidently remade:monkey: song......but we do know this. It's only right that dude should be compensated in some way. No ''this goes on all the time in the business'' shyt. It's called being a good man. Period.

My 2 cents.

Peace

One thing. Why shouldn't Timbo say he's the best?

I totally agree dude should be compensated if proven that he is the original and only source the sample could've come from, I just feel it's lame for people to turn on Tim because he may have made a mistake. I seriously doubt he intentionally ripped dude off on a CD he knew was gonna go worldwide. We won't know all details until the matter is resolved.

PlanetHitzProduction said:
Nah...

If Timbo can't brag about being the best.

No one can. Dude is incredible. Started from the bottom at ghost production/co production, breaking in legendary artists and sounds for Hip-Hop, continuously pushing the music beyond what we say can't be done.

And I'm not a Timbo fan by any means. Just not my personal tastes for the most part.

BUT

Funny how heads rag on Tim for saying he's the best. But Muhammad Ali was one of the greatest shyt talkers that ever was.

AND HE BACKED IT UP!

And we are bold enough to say Timbo can't?? Or wait...it's better for him not to for the sake of his music speaking? Hell, Ali's fist spoke also, but best believe he talked shyt. :)

Why? Cause that was him, and he was purely confident in his work.

At any rate still. I'm not going to comment on the debate about the stolen/sampled/or accidently remade:monkey: song......but we do know this. It's only right that dude should be compensated in some way. No ''this goes on all the time in the business'' shyt. It's called being a good man. Period.

My 2 cents.

Peace

One thing. Why shouldn't Timbo say he's the best?

Yeah and look at Ali now right? Don't be suprised if Timbo loses his fingers in a freak wood chipper accident or gets a brainhead injury in a car crash.

I feel the same about Ali. Great boxer but a jackass of a human being. If you are given a gift you should appreciate that gift instead of shoving it in peoples faces. Timbo, Ali, Jay-Z... peeons in the grand scheme of things.

I'll say it again. If you're really the best you wouldn't need to speak on it.

...I seriously doubt he intentionally ripped dude off on a CD he knew was gonna go worldwide. We won't know all details until the matter is resolved.

bro, he intentionally ripped dude off and on top of that admitted, he doesn´t give a flying f*ck.

he said he can use every "demo" off a keyboard, cause he bought the keyboard. LOL, he doesn´t even know the BASICS of the copyright law.
what a moron.

hey, when I book a flight and they play that track in the background and I hear it, I can simply use it. I bought the ticket :D

comedy.

JeanLukPigheart said:
he said he can use every "demo" off a keyboard, cause he bought the keyboard. LOL, he doesn´t even know the BASICS of the copyright law.
what a moron..

Actually, that's why Swizz didn't get sued over that Casio beat. Judge could not make his mind over if it was wring or not, lol.

Anyway, Timbo speaks himself in the bag quite a lot in that interview.

"i can't discuss that" vs. "it was in a video game" (no it was not, lol) vs. "i took it off a demo" (what demo?) vs. "i use everything i can"

Noticed that Tempest has started some legal stuff so we might see this in court someday. Best thing for Tim would be just giving the man his money.

^^^HATERS!! GET MAD COZ THATS ALL YOU'LL BE HATERS!DUDES IS MAD JEALOUS!I cant even believe this is Fp its like hater-central.George Harrison(from the beatles dumb ass)got sued coz he 'borrowed' a melody from another song and it was actually proven!!does that make the beatles ****??you batchez(rome!haha)dont have an excuse!you just got a chance to hate.If the man was bitten then he should be payed band be duely credited.But dont give me that timbo is wack jazz,ya'll just trying to make yourselves feel better,you're just hating str8 up.No one is perfect but if there's anyone who should feel like he is its definately timbo!

At what point was i hating? You didn't answer the question, what would YOU do if he jacked your song (as we all know, Tempest's work was not a beat, it was a song) and discredited you off it?

Please, enlighten us with your obviously overflowing wisdom.

that was funny and interesting... I better go hide my protools. But Tim samples so much stuff i am sure a lot of which he is not clearing (at the moment). he tends to attempt to sample obsure things but now that music is more globalized and the songs are being heard and recognized my more he is gonna have to work harder at hiding the samples

And who said that Timbo was wack/sh1t? I sure as hell didnt see that...

Everyone's just saying the way Timbo is handling the situation doesnt put him in the best light and IMO kind of out of character for him.

Cam, thats exactly how i feel: " If you are given a gift you should appreciate that gift instead of shoving it in peoples faces."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back