Talkbox???!!

T

Teardrop

Im getting myself a talkbox, what i got now is a condenser mic (Rode NT1A) a Preamp and soundcard (MobilePre by m-audio)and a ok computer with reason, acid and FL studio... what more do i need and how to set it up?!! Do i need a synth???!

Teardrop said:
Im getting myself a talkbox, what i got now is a condenser mic (Rode NT1A) a Preamp and soundcard (MobilePre by m-audio)and a ok computer with reason, acid and FL studio... what more do i need and how to set it up?!! Do i need a synth???!

it's kinda rough because you need an amp if i'm not mistaken to run the talkbox... unless the talkbox from heil is amped. you need to run the output of your synth/softsynth reason or whatever into the amp that's powering the talkbox. then you need to run a mic into whatever daw program you are running. you should be set from then on. imma look for a diagram or something.

Talkbox... oh man. Someone will have to REALLY show you until u get it "Roger Troutman" right - not that that's possible

BJv said:
Talkbox... oh man. Someone will have to REALLY show you until u get it "Roger Troutman" right - not that that's possible

OOOOOO-EEEEEE. The man speaks the truth. I tried making a talkbox once from internet plans once, and it's difficult too "talk" right...

All you really need is:

MidRange Horn Driver
40 watt pre-amp
Synthesizer (Most talkboxers use the Dx-100, which was the one that Roger Troutman used. You want to get a good Sawtooth Patch for the talk box.
If you are going to be doing gigs, all you are going to need is a Mic plugged into the gig monitors, and amps, etc...

If you are really interested in talkboxing, there is a forum that was created by my boi, Tony aka TonyTalkBox

There you can get help from people that have been using the talk box for a while, and people that know.

www.tonytalkbox.com/Forum

Don't forget to peep out Magic City, Mc Magic's new solo project being released next month, May 9th

If you have any questions hit me up @:
angel@nastyboyrecords.com

A.Lopez

Back