SUGE KNIGHT: Game & Kendrick Lamar got (2) Of The Worst Deals In The Industry

So Surge is an expert on deals or doing right by artists now?

Suge at one point believe it or not was the go to man to review artists contarcts. He reviewed Mary J Aand Jodeci's contract back in the day and strong armed Andre Harrell into giving them better deals.

Last edited:
He also strong armed artists to stay on death row when it was falling apart.

Let's also not forget how Death Row started;strong arming Eazy E and forcing him to release Dre. I read somewhere that Suge is borderline illiterate. He speaks like he is and I wouldnt be totally surprised since he was an athlete and many of them get pushed along without ever having to earn their grades. He probably referred those contracts to his lawyer David Kenner for review.

Last edited:
thing about it is their "slavery" deals are still better than my deadend 9-5......
i'd take the kinda slavery game and kendrick have anyday.

thing about it is their "slavery" deals are still better than my deadend 9-5......
i'd take the kinda slavery game and kendrick have anyday.

None of us know exactly the terms of Kendrick's deal. Kendrick's exceptional talent is the reason he makes more than the average nine to fiver but I wouldnt say all rappers in slavery deals are better off than nine to fivers. I know some legit people living way better than most rappers. Their income is steady too. I wish there was an accurate way to gauge which rappers make over 100K annually just as a reference for aspiring rappers. Forbes estimates are inaccurate and they only guesstimate millionaires. Remember Nelly said the same thing about Chief Keef. 360 Deals are the worst!!!

Last edited:
Back