In Studio Session with Master P, Nipsey Hussle, Jeremih

the best part of the video, is the fact that all of them are in the studio together.

homie coachin was doing a good job.

i always like seeing folks puttin in time together. all the classics and our favorite albums weren't emailed back and forth.

protools is supposed to ease the recording process, not eliminate people being in the studio together.

keep up the good work!

and somebody get 1500 back on the acoustic drum set!

(i just realized he played the drum pattern digitally which is pretty crazy...) but yeah! get him back on the acoustic set.

Last edited:
i always like seeing folks puttin in time together. all the classics and our favorite albums weren't emailed back and forth.

good point sir.

sometimes I miss the good ole days. dont get me wrong, technology made things easier and faster but working In the studio can be a more funner experience and It can be a moment to talk about when you get older.

about 10 years down the road nip will probably be telling his children how he was working with master p. #reminiscing

the best part of the video, is the fact that all of them are in the studio together.

homie coachin was doing a good job.

protools is supposed to ease the recording process, not eliminate people being in the studio together.

keep up the good work!

and somebody get 1500 back on the acoustic drum set!

(i just realized he played the drum pattern digitally which is pretty crazy...) but yeah! get him back on the acoustic set.

actually over on gearslutz I learned that alot of popular bands that have millions of fans

play hybrid drum sets(acoustic+e drums)
and e-drumkits are great for late night sessions and ease at anytime..(alot more ppl are using them than you think)

easier on the tracking engineering too...less setup time and more time actually playing and enjoy the groove

check them out great drum libraries outside of those e-drums samples included
you got to go for the high-end sample libraries

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Last edited:
that's whats up. I figured that the electronic kit would be for late night sessions, and it's cool that they'd record it like that for the actual 808 feel. that's really dope.

regardless i'd like to hear more of 1500 on a real kit. i know he plays a lot, and i've seen old footage of him rainin on some drums. but there's a hip hop band out there waiting to be made.

he could be the drummer, and i know a couple of bassists (from other songs over the years) like whoever played bass on Khao's beat "Limelight" or whoever played bass on Gucci Mane's "Lemonade" all you need are some keys and a guitar player and that's a full blown band.

Gucci Mane's "Lemonade" is the last song to get heavy rotation that had a genuine, heavy, thick, bass line that wasn't just an 808.

dang that bassline is chunky.

that's whats up. I figured that the electronic kit would be for late night sessions, and it's cool that they'd record it like that for the actual 808 feel. that's really dope.

regardless i'd like to hear more of 1500 on a real kit. i know he plays a lot, and i've seen old footage of him rainin on some drums. but there's a hip hop band out there waiting to be made.

he could be the drummer, and i know a couple of bassists (from other songs over the years) like whoever played bass on Khao's beat "Limelight" or whoever played bass on Gucci Mane's "Lemonade" all you need are some keys and a guitar player and that's a full blown band.

Gucci Mane's "Lemonade" is the last song to get heavy rotation that had a genuine, heavy, thick, bass line that wasn't just an 808.

dang that bassline is chunky.

I'll be using Abbey Roads By Native Instruments
they have the 60's,70's,etc....
alot of work went into this sample libraries
not just one sample by snare by mulit-samples because a snare sounds different by how hard you hit it,etc...
and works flawless with Roland E-Drums kit I want the $7,500 kit super highend pads
see all the mic'ing you have to do for an acoustic set
doesn't mean you can't play one on tour/live gigs

https://www.esoundz.com/

I'm all about ITB(in the box) using hardware controlling
like the Roland E-Drums
and
Tascam DM-4800 with is going to be my tracking/mixing desk in 2014 (summer 2013 if business goes well)

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Back