Most-streamed bands
1. Coldplay
2. Maroon 5
3. Fun
4. Mumford and Sons
5. Florence and the Machine

Tweet us @Labdummy

Last edited:
Flo Rida has had a hell of a year. What's funny is that no one really like Flo's songs because of him.. The production and featuring artists are always so good that people like the song. It's almost like labels love him because he is just perfect to fill in those mandatory 16 bars without detracting from the good parts of the song. lol

i wonder how flo rida money lookin.

edit: funny how the first 4 posts were about flo- rida.

while looking at the original post, after seeing flo rida having 2 songs on the list, i thought that i would mention him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flo Rida has had a hell of a year. What's funny is that no one really like Flo's songs because of him.. The production and featuring artists are always so good that people like the song. It's almost like labels love him because he is just perfect to fill in those mandatory 16 bars without detracting from the good parts of the song. lol

The same with BOB. He really thinks people like him as a rapper. No. Every hit song you've had has been you spitting verses on pop songs, with another artist on the hook!

It was a brilliant formula though. F'ing brilliant.

I think it's a clever way to stay relevant. These songs aren't in the top because of a beat and a feature lol. The same featured artist work with other artist with hot tracks and those are no where to be found lol.
People in other countries love Flo Rida, and Bob. Even the suits. Some producers are anxious just to get a placement on the projects because it's going to sell.

Our standards/bars are set so high sometimes we put people in a box of where we think they should be in order to be hot for us, but they're already hot to the world lol. Numbers don't lie pimp. And we can come up with all kinds of reasons why things shouldn't be the way they are but hey, it is what it is.

It's a business that's continuing to move, whether it's in our favor/prefered taste or not it's moving. I once asked ______, why should i do pop/electro when i like to do hip hop/R&B? He said
because if you had a work uniform your shirt would say producer. Meaning your job is to do whatever it takes to get the job done, same as an artist. You get a deal, to sell records, make money and stay relevant. I need
to be able to sell a toothbrush to a kid with your name on it for twice the amount of the same toothbrush without your name. Some may dissagree with that philosophy. But, as a producer or even if i was Flo Rida, i'd do whatever
it takes to ensure i don't have to work for wal-mart. Even if i have to spit 16s on a pop beat with Sia lol

I think it's a clever way to stay relevant. These songs aren't in the top because of a beat and a feature lol. The same featured artist work with other artist with hot tracks and those are no where to be found lol.
People in other countries love Flo Rida, and Bob. Even the suits. Some producers are anxious just to get a placement on the projects because it's going to sell.

Our standards/bars are set so high sometimes we put people in a box of where we think they should be in order to be hot for us, but they're already hot to the world lol. Numbers don't lie pimp. And we can come up with all kinds of reasons why things shouldn't be the way they are but hey, it is what it is.

It's a business that's continuing to move, whether it's in our favor/prefered taste or not it's moving. I once asked ______, why should i do pop/electro when i like to do hip hop/R&B? He said
because if you had a work uniform your shirt would say producer. Meaning your job is to do whatever it takes to get the job done, same as an artist. You get a deal, to sell records, make money and stay relevant. I need
to be able to sell a toothbrush to a kid with your name on it for twice the amount of the same toothbrush without your name. Some may dissagree with that philosophy. But, as a producer or even if i was Flo Rida, i'd do whatever
it takes to ensure i don't have to work for wal-mart. Even if i have to spit 16s on a pop beat with Sia lol

Don't look at it that way. The reason most of those artist sold well, is not because they thought the song would sell, but because they did what they loved and went against the grain.

If you ever met Flo Rida, you can tell that he genuinely loves to make dance music (I mean, Nelly is his favorite artist--he even said it in an interview).. Also, he's from Miami = Home of dance music

Most of the artist on the list have a unique sound & they do what they love..

Last edited:
Yea, I remember someone telling me how crunk he gets when he hear new electro/dubstep tracks.

There's no doubt that he loves it. But at the same time it's hard to stay on top doing the same thing
that almost every artist is trying to do.

So you have to find new ways to attack certain tracks, find features that compliment the atmosphere of what you're trying to do, and still be innovative and true to what your fans are use too. At that point it goes beyond just doing what you love. it's more of a strategic type of move making. I can only imagine how many dance tracks/hooks are shopped to him and his team everyday. So choosing the ones to go with has to be hectic. All of them between the 128 and 140 ball park range (unless you're doing DnB) and with the same nexus/massive/sylenth1 synths. How creative can you be lol. But some how he always pull it off.

The same with BOB. He really thinks people like him as a rapper. No. Every hit song you've had has been you spitting verses on pop songs, with another artist on the hook!

It was a brilliant formula though. F'ing brilliant.

I see how you can say that from Airplanes and Nothin on You, but his first album was actually REALLY good as a whole. I'm a big fan of B.o.B, or at least his early work.

Back