Something's wrong with the beats

Just Clauz

Its like the formula for rap-beats have finally been crafted. Drums, melodies, harmony etc, everything "fits".

BUT, I kinda feel this "perfect" formula lacks.....life, originality, something that is different to the ear. Its like a McDonald's burger. You know its bad, and yet, its still pretty good!

Beats used to be made for a type or genre of style. That way you could switch between subgenres. It made you choose, and have an opinion, wheres nowadays, music is neither good or bad, its just okay.

You feel me?

It's @Just Clauz 'cause everyone has access to the same tools, etc. but what's lacking is music education that speaks to whatever is relevant to the audience that is creating and/or consuming music.

They had formulas for every type of music since the beginning but people put they own spin on things now it's just laziness. It's all about how creative can you get but unfortunately it's how quick I can make basic shit and pass it off to get to the next without any real thought.

Possibly because the people with the biggest platforms and access have zero musical knowledge other than copying the previous beatmaker with zero musical knowledge.

Back