Situations in which you can REALLY enjoy music

StopRushing

I sometimes find I have maybe a selfish/elitist attitude towards music. Meaning, I feel like I can only enjoy music properly when I'm chillin by myself. Ok, being in the club listening to the music thumping and "dancing" with a "companion" is a very nice experience but IMO it has little to do with the music and more with the entire atmosphere.

But then being at home, putting on a pair of headphones and just sitting back is absolutely amazing. I really feel as if I'm enjoying the music the way it was intended. I might listen to something like Pac - Breathin, Trading War Stories, Lastonesleft, anything by traxx, Bundy, some soulful Indian music. And I love it, I can really get into the music and forget about what time it is or any stupid everyday problems. Same thing when coming back on a long journey in the car, and everyone is quiet and relaxed, and its absolutely quality! Everyone is vibed into the music and its a great experience.

Maybe a lot of people can't relate to this but I'm sure there are people here who feel the same as this is primarily a website for music-lovers. I guess I feel a bit like I'm being an elitist, and it might come across to others like I'm saying: "I'm the only one who really knows how to enjoy music, everyone else is stupid". And a little while ago, maybe I did think like that, but I'm realising now that music IS for everyone, just in different ways.

The best spot for me to enjoy music is sittin back with a pair of headphones, turning the volume up, and just vibin out...

^^^

I feel you on that, but the only way I can enjoy music is in my car. Mayn, I have a pretty decent setup at home, but when im in my car alone I just feel everything.

it depends on the genre with me. if its some hip hop sh.t, then i have to roll the car windows down, or play it thru some speakers and kick it with other people, but i like playin slow R&B in the headphones, in the car by myself, or just some other place with no distractions

GREAT POST!

i also prefer to be alone. theres no one to make comments to about the music. sometimes when i have company i tend to do obnoxios stuff like say "wow. did you hear that?". when i'm alone....all there is to do is STFU and listen. bliss.

j-traxx said:

GREAT POST!

i also prefer to be alone. theres no one to make comments to about the music. sometimes when i have company i tend to do obnoxios stuff like say "wow. did you hear that?". when i'm alone....all there is to do is STFU and listen. bliss.
Yup the classic "did you hear that?" met by blank faces. Sometimes I've even gone so far as to rewind something like that and trying to show them. Looking back at that I just feel like an idiot! Some people aren't really interested in that, whereas most of us take great enjoyment in appreciating all the little nuances that binds a song together.

Call me a nutcase if you want but if I'm by myself and don't have any music with me, I can sort of "play" music in my head and I'm instantly occupied. People keep talking about getting really bored, unfortunately I don't seem to be able to relate to that anymore. I'm either thinking about music or making it. I know, I'm f*cked up!

StopRushing said:

Call me a nutcase if you want but if I'm by myself and don't have any music with me, I can sort of "play" music in my head and I'm instantly occupied.

i think that's another common thing that alot of producers on this site do to pass the time. as long as you dont hum it out loud and rock your head alot like pharrell does, you wont look like a loon. my friend met him at a fashion show and when posing for a picture with him she said that he was just humming a bopping his head and wouldnt talk. that's just all he did. i guess he gets "in the zone" like all of us sometimes do.

i'll have to co-sign with all the responses so far. it probably sounds a bit creepy, but i like listening to music through headphones alone and in the dark (so that i'm not being distracted by lights or anything). sometimes on my bed, but i tend to fall asleep if i'm laying down.

my second favorite place is alone in the car. i don't know why, but sometimes i'll be noticing particular things about a song when i'm in the car, that i didn't notice before. i can like drive around town for an hour just listening to one song on repeat...the only problem is that i kinda get distracted from driving, but i haven'T gotten in any accidents as yet (knock on wood).

SOME GOOD HEADPHONES, A GRAM, AND LET THE MUSIC TAKE OVER, THATS THE ART OF MUSIC. -A.s.k

AllSinsKombined said:
SOME GOOD HEADPHONES, A GRAM, AND LET THE MUSIC TAKE OVER, THATS THE ART OF MUSIC. -A.s.k

lol...true....but chill with the caps please!

it might be passe, but when im stoned....omg it's heaven....i can still get that high when im not, but i have to be alone and concentrate....when im stoned i can be lazy and the music comes to me. drunk is good too....sober is good too....headphones are a must....sometimes with a good friend who loves music as much as you and notices the "did you hear that?" part

Excellent thread...Mane when I am alone chilling, or trying to find inspiration to create something, I can listen to music and zone out and be happy or whatever mood I want to be in...I been listening to Jay and I always appreciated his skills, but when I listen to it alone in my zone, I am just speechless, this cat has a godly flow and godly lyrics, you can really dig deep in the lyrics or the song,and recognize how incredible these artists and producers are...I listen to ya soundclick pages and just be like man...some of these cats are sick with it talent-wise, when I am at the club it is more on some party ish....When I am out, all I do is hum tunes, or recite raps and I did it so much, that people thought I was on medication or something...I love music what more can I say???

j-traxx said:

GREAT POST!

i hate trying to explain to people what they missed..

i love to put some a sweet record on lay down on my couch and enjoy, untill i have to flip the damn thing over..

Man i can listen to music anytime, and anywere... but at school is the best place, cuz i dont really have anything to do anyway... u feel me...

I enjoy music any time any place any where. I just keep my mouth shut while in the presence of idiots cause I know they don't know any better. A long road trip with some fusion jazz along the lines of Fat Burger is relaxing.

Back