Should I respond to this message (from TVT Records)

JSLmusic

fp's most underated
I was checking my messages on myspace and came across this:

Whats up? I'm J.TROUPE Im a A&R consultant for TVT Records and the Director of Radio Promotions at Idol Makerz Ent.... I like what I'm hearing. Send me two potential singles to *****@*****.com.

I can set up a radio campaign for you to set you on fy-errr. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

I'm just checking to see if anyone else gotten this message? I'm thinking about sending some of my tracks to them. I'm just seeing what the fam here thinks of this???

Would anyone here respond to this offer?

his Myspace

Last edited:
If this dude is legit (i'm sure you can find out) then send him some music.

Isn't this why you make beats?

lol...Jamal Troupe. The OTHER J.Troup.

I don't think he's an A&R, honestly.

How's he gonna set up a radio campaign for you with BEATS? He gonna get your BEATS played on the radio?

I read his Bio, and I hit him up, cuz I have a contact down at TVT that I been talking to. I asked him if he knew him and asked him if I should keep fuccin with him. His response was...

"Well if he liked your beats, then I assume he would get back to you, right? Send me 3 beats to my email and I'll tell you what I think."

Needless to say, I never sent.

um yeah..of course you should. worst case he jacks you, but what's 2 beats to your career? just have a lawyer go over anything you sign. my two cents, cuz you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
id respond. but i wouldnt send sh*t. everyone ive come across that has received an e-mail or a message from him.. each time he asks for them 2 send beats.. so i duno. get somethin in writin if so. dont just blindly hand him tracks

j.troup said:
lol...Jamal Troupe. The OTHER J.Troup.

I don't think he's an A&R, honestly.

How's he gonna set up a radio campaign for you with BEATS? He gonna get your BEATS played on the radio?

Thats what I was thinking, but I was assuming he would send them to a potential artist... who knows. lol, I was thinking of just sending a soundclick or something... (if they really wanted to jack me they'll remake the beat anyway... :rolleyes: )

puffedoutproductions said:
um yeah..of course you should. worst case he jacks you, but what's 2 beats to your career? just have a lawyer go over anything you sign. my two cents, cuz you never know.

true, true

betta_than_u said:
id respond. but i wouldnt send sh*t. everyone ive come across that has received an e-mail or a message from him.. each time he asks for them 2 send beats.. so i duno. get somethin in writin if so. dont just blindly hand him tracks

I'm not planning on sending anything blindly... I was wondering if anyone else got a message from him?? (thanks for the advice)

j.troup said:
"Well if he liked your beats, then I assume he would get back to you, right? Send me 3 beats to my email and I'll tell you what I think."

Needless to say, I never sent.

lol.......

Last edited:
JSLmusic said:
I like what I'm hearing. Send me two potential singles to *****@*****.com.

I noticed he said potential SINGLES. Did he hear some beats of yours w/ an artist on there or were they all instrumental?

I guess I figured he would say send me 2 beats instead of 2 potential singles if all your stuff he heard was instrumental.

I guess he could have meant beats w/ potential to be a single but Im just thinkin outside the box. lol

LowFrequencyEffect said:
I noticed he said potential SINGLES. Did he hear some beats of yours w/ an artist on there or were they all instrumental?

I guess I figured he would say send me 2 beats instead of 2 potential singles if all your stuff he heard was instrumental.

I guess he could have meant beats w/ potential to be a single but Im just thinkin outside the box. lol

YOU GOT THE FVCKING POINT!!!!!!!11111

I was wondering da same...

LOL..

*dramatic music*

Who is J. Troup(e) lol....

spliffed lol! u sure that's not some mass-mail thing that was sent to bands who are in his friends at myspace? He could be tryin to hog a single like that. just seems weird when he's talking about singles when all he heard was beats..

Back